Disturbing scenes

chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
edited August 2005 in The James Bond Films
What do you think was the most disturbing scene or scenes?

mine is ofcourse in avtak when Max Zorin orders for the captured spy to be put down the pumping well,

Next is the sinking of the St Georges boat in fyeo scared me seeing all them men drown was nearly too much for me.And the music when bond and melina discover the wreck was scary later on in the film

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Milton Krests head exploding in LTK.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I found the deaths of Tracy and Della Leiter to be quite disturbing scenes. Can't imagine what it would be like to lose the love of your life. The guilt suffered by both Bond and Felix must have been tremendous. It would be hard to accept the fact that your wife was murdered because of who you were and what enemies you have acquired.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    This one's easy for me: Derval's graphic drowning after Largo cuts his airhose. Gotta be one of the worst ways to go. No other Bond scene makes my skin crawl like that one.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    The mine sequence in AVTAK where Max Zorin and Scarpine? are slaughtering the innocent mineworkers with their machine guns. What makes it more disturbing is the pleasure that Zorin displays while he is commiting mass murder.
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited August 2005
    The mine sequence in AVTAK where Max Zorin and Scarpine? are slaughtering the innocent mineworkers with their machine guns. What makes it more disturbing is the pleasure that Zorin displays while he is commiting mass murder.

I found that rather entertaining then scary proberly one of the best parts of the film for me,but if it was me zorin was shooting at then ofcourse, it would make me want to find the nearest exit away from the mad man
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent

I found that rather entertaining then scary proberly one of the best parts of the film for me,but if it was me zorin was shooting at then ofcourse, it would make me want to find the nearest exit away from the mad man

I know it's tame compared to many many movies, but it's the rather graphic nature of that scene which disturbs me. It's a bit too graphic for a Bond film, in my opinion.

There's a similar scene in TND where the surviving sailors of HMS Devonshire are slaughtered by Stamper using his machine gun. You don't see any of the sailors being killed, you just see Stamper firing his machine gun from side to side. It's not as graphic as the scene from AVTAK, but it's just as effective.

Now, that's the way it should be done.
  • ZachZach Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    I think the most disturbing scene to me is when Zorin pushes that guy into the giant fan or whatever it is. That part used to really scare me when I was 8 or 9.
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Zach wrote:
    I think the most disturbing scene to me is when Zorin pushes that guy into the giant fan or whatever it is. That part used to really scare me when I was 8 or 9.

You mean the pumping well im not suprised at it scareing you at the age of 8 or 9 it gave me sleepless nights at the age of 15, everytime i closed my eyes all i saw was the pumping well and blood.
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    I'd say Dario's death in LTK. He was alive for a good bit of the pain of his body being shredded. Very gruesome.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    There are quite a few disturbing scenes in the Bond films. To name a few are the massive amounts of blood as scene in OHMSS with the snow blower and Zao's end with the chandelier.

Surprisingly though, I also get disturbed by the PTS of Diamonds Are Forever. I say this because I have a massive fear of suffocation and the thought of chocking to deat in a vat of mud scares away my bejesus.
  • Sean Connery JB007Sean Connery JB007 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    I found the deaths of Tracy and Della Leiter to be quite disturbing scenes. Can't imagine what it would be like to lose the love of your life. The guilt suffered by both Bond and Felix must have been tremendous. It would be hard to accept the fact that your wife was murdered because of who you were and what enemies you have acquired.

I agree, that is almost unbearable. Therefore I didn't quite understand the PTS of FYEO with Blofeld. Bond treated him as any "normal" villain. But this guy was responsible for the death of his wife! I would have expected that he, at least, should have said something like "you killed my wife and now you wanna bargain your life out of it?". I found this a plot hole.

As for the topic, I remember that I found the PTS of YOLT quite disturbing when the SPECTRE ship cut the hose of the astronaut.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    When I first watched LALD the scene that bothered me was when "Mr. Big" cut Bonds arm with the knife to get blood in the water for the sharks.

I'd also have to add the head exploding in LTK was quite disturbing to me also.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Definitely the exploding head in LTK. Last time I watched that was when it was on ITV; so quite a while ago. But I still remember it - and I remember feeling slightly sick after.
    Then there's Dario's death. Just imagine being him then and your legs being shredded and the rest of you shredded and lots of blood and the pain and and and - I can't go on! I can't go on imagining all that!
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • SPECTRENumber1SPECTRENumber1 L.O.Posts: 75MI6 Agent
    I don't get disturbed easily. But the PTS of Diamonds are Forever was disturbing because of Bond's ruthlessness. I thought Dario's death was disturbing as well. All shredded up in a cocaine shredder. Maybe some addict snorted a bit of Dario-flesh up their nose.
  • AlecsCradleAlecsCradle Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Honestly the most disturbing scenes are the ones that the filmakers don't show because of violence or gruesoness.

For example: Vijay's head being cut by the yo yo.

Saunders head being decapitated.

Carver being torn up by the Sea Cutter.

Things like that are the most disturbing.
    I watched LTK yesterday and was totally fine with all of the things I mentioned here:
    Definitely the exploding head in LTK. Last time I watched that was when it was on ITV; so quite a while ago. But I still remember it - and I remember feeling slightly sick after.
    Then there's Dario's death. Just imagine being him then and your legs being shredded and the rest of you shredded and lots of blood and the pain and and and - I can't go on! I can't go on imagining all that!

Well I was fine with all that, but I'd forgotten the thing that really made me feel sick:
    When Felix got fed to the shark. It was just so... disturbing! :))
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Grace Jones naked. Nothing worse.

Elliott Carver's death is pretty disturbing for me. Not just because it's grisly (imagine being ground to death!) but also because of Carver's screams, and look of terror as it advances. Bond's sadism in the scene doesn't help either.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Getting crushed to death in a garbage compactor, oh hold up that was Star Wars.

FYEO, then and now, is full of chills for me. The previously mentioned sinking of the St. Georges wasn't nearly as harrowing as revisting the wreck site later on in the story. The act of drowning is a familiar one which doesn't frighten me as much as one burning to death, however men eternally trapped in an underwater tomb such as the monument to the valiant seamen of the USS Arizona I do find very frightening.

The swarthy evil visaged Greek henchman severing Bond's grappling lines one by one. The climbing dagger that ended his aims, his subsequent plunge and revealment of identity.

Kristatos' utterly cruel and sadistic temperament leaving one of his own men to the sharks. His impatience to kill Bond and Melina and the final cut of the killers moving in.

From GF -the famous laser room scene. Many refer to this as a castration but do you really believe the aim here was to merely render Bond sexually sterile? It was to render him physically dead. But only after he suffered the hells of damnation. Too bad the novel's method wasn't employed, a much worse scenario if ever there was one.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    The "He had lots of guts" scene from OHMSS is pretty brutal--that the snow turns bright red is bad enough, but the dark chunks that come out of the machine send it into the realm of the disturbing. . .not to mention disgusting!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • christos_johnsonchristos_johnson Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    This topic has made me think: What is more disturbing - a scene that is shown - or a scene taht is cut... so that your imagination can runn wild?
    Definitely the latter. My imagination is far more creative than anything they can show on screen - even in a 15 rated movie. It's probably why my mates enjoy my stories so much. :D
  • ScorupcoScorupco Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

The very same, and the realism of each film didn't help either.
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    Krest's death is the most gruesome and unpleasent, Helga Brandt's death in the piranha poo; Ed Killifer's, Felix Leiter's and Quill (or something like that, anyway the guy from TB) encounters with sharks are also disgusting, but great...
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    PUCCINI wrote:
    Krest's death is the most gruesome and unpleasent, Helga Brandt's death in the piranha poo; Ed Killifer's, Felix Leiter's and Quill (or something like that, anyway the guy from TB) encounters with sharks are also disgusting, but great...

Just for clarification's sake, the man thrown to the sharks in TB is Quist.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Classof80Classof80 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I would vote for the scene in License to Kill where Felix Leiter's (David Hedison) leg is being eaten by the shark as he is still alive and slowly sinking into the water. That was pretty gross !
    Classof80 wrote:
    I would vote for the scene in License to Kill where Felix Leiter's (David Hedison) leg is being eaten by the shark as he is still alive and slowly sinking into the water. That was pretty gross !

Yes the last audible words he said, are always in my memory:
    "See you in Hell, Sanchez!"

But I thought that before that the,
    "We gave her a nice Honeymooooooooooon," was always a bit brutal.
  • ZachZach Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    I watched TWINE last night and I saw the burning rock scene. That is pretty disturbing.
  • RobinsonRobinson Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    I have to say now that the entire scenes from TMWTGG that were filmed on Scaramanga's Island are now a little disturbing because it reminds me of the Tsunami disaster. The same thing applies whenever I see the World Trade Centre in anything, with images of those planes flying into the towers being brought back.
  • deliciousdelicious SydneyPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    The rape and murder of Felix's new wife is far more disturbing than him being eaten by a shark. All in all LTK is a very dark and disturbing movie.

Jinx casually cutting off Mr Kil's hand in DAD is also a bit creepy.

I often wonder what women think of Bond films as there are so many female victims in the genre - being coerced into sex, pushed around and/or killed.
  • Hells AngelHells Angel Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    But I thought that before that the,
    "We gave her a nice Honeymooooooooooon," was always a bit brutal.
    I always found that funny!