Disturbing scenes

Comments

• BottleRocketsBottleRockets Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    For me it was that snow scene in OHMSS. Though nothing was really shown, that snow turning red was just a nasty thing to see.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    For me it was that snow scene in OHMSS. Though nothing was really shown, that snow turning red was just a nasty thing to see.

Ugh, yeah. Another weird scene to me is in AVTAK when Zorin is kiling everyone and you can't really tell what he's thinking.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    The most disturbing scene is Tracy's death. It is so sudden, and when you see her, you just feel so sad.
  • micemice Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    What about when that henchamn gets facehugged by the octopus in Octopussy? That's pretty gruesome.

I agree that Bond's wife dying in OHMSS is tough to watch but it is not gruesome per se.

Overall I think that Bond doesn't get very gruesome, at least not compared to even the tamer horror movies. For me, its that sophistication that makes the Bond movies a treat to watch over and over.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Felix being mauled by the shark is gruesome, especially his screams of anguish.
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    edited February 2006
    Alex wrote:
    If there's any Bond experience I'd never in a million years care to experience, it'd be the Centrifuge trainer.

Thrill rides and roller coasters are not my thing - Each November a Nativity carnival is held in my local community, but if anyone wanted to locate me, I'd suggest the beer tent!

Thrill rides and roller coasters are not my thing either. The last time I experienced one of those rides I thought my head was going to fall off, or I was going to faint, or both.

Alex. Next November, when the Nativity carnival is held in your local community, I will join you in the beer tent. And the first round will be on you. {[] :D
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    edited February 2006
    Was watching LTK the other night and that movie has a couple of scenes that are pretty intense for a Bond movie.

Dario's getting ground up in the coke grinding machine, Krest's head exploding and Leiter being fed to the sharks.
  • Agent SidewinderAgent Sidewinder Posts: 223MI6 Agent
    Was watching LTK the other night and that movie has a couple of scenes that are retty intense for a Bond movie.

Dario's getting ground up in the coke grinding machine, Krest's head exploding and Leiter being fed to the sharks.

Ah, yes. One of the reasons I'm not too keen on that film.

Anyway, one that always disturbed me when I was younger was Bond on the traction machine in TB. Just knowing that Bond was powerless to stop it was enough to frighten me, not to mention the whole direction of that scene. Makes you want to stay away from health spas altogether.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Many of the scenes here qualify for me, especially the Moonraker dog scene and the murder of Tracy (all the more grimly ironic because now she has everything to live for). But I also find Bond's "conquest" of Pussy Galore rather distrurbing; until she finally "gives in to her passions," it's essentially a rape. The fact that "she really wanted it" fits an old, ugly stereotype, though it is confirmed to be true in that scene.

I find the assassination of the Havelocks in "For Your Eyes Only," the murder of Aki in "You Only Live Twice," the dispatching of Mr. Wynt in "Diamonds Are Forever," and the death of poor Kerim Bey in "From Russia with Love" all disturbing. The filming of Bond's lovemaking in that movie is also rather creepy.

Honorable Mentions: Christopher Lee making love to Maud Adams, the killing of Tibbett in "A View to a Kill" (poor Patrick Macnee looks so relaxed in that scene), the computer nerd in "Goldeneye," and any moment whatsoever featuring Tanya Roberts or Denise Richards.
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    For me it was Diamonds are Forever when Wint and Kidd hit Bond over the head and place him in the Creamtorium. Being burned alive in a fire is one of my deepest, darkest fears, I almost Bond was not going to make it out since nobody save Wint and Kidd knew he was in there.

Also the Dog Mauling in Moonraker was down right chilling, thought it's wierd thought since the rest of the film plays out like a comedy, and yet that scene feels more like something in an R rated movie.

Lastly, Just about every death in Licence to Kill,
    epspecialy Krest getting blowen up and Sanchez getting set on fire, between those two parts and the others mentioed before hand, I think it's a wonder that the MPAA rateted the film PG 13 instead of R . (In just about every other country in the world at the tinme it came out it was.)

PS:In LTK, Sanchez Chief of Security Heller is one who is implaed on the forklift.
    edited February 2006
    Poor Heller. I kinda liked him.

Another scene is Stromberg's killing of the secretary. I always have to turn away, also accompanied by beautiful music like Corinne's death and enjoyment by the viewer is just creepy!
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    edited February 2006
    The violence in a Bond movie never bothered me. Nothing seemd overly explicit, and these days, I wince more when I watch an episode of CSI and its realism.

There are two scenes in Licence to Kill that I found creepy, not becasue of the action on screen, but because of Benecio del Toro's acting ability. At the end of the Barrelhead bar sequence, as Bond and Pam escape by boat, Dario watched them with a very evil leering expression on his face. Great way to convey just how bad this guy is. He repeats the the look in the scene in which Pam encounters him as he is trying to feed Bond into the cocaine grinder. He gives her another evil grin and utters small laugh, trying to psych her out. Again, pure evil. A great performance, and small touch that makes the character memorable.
  • TraceyVTraceyV Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    The amazing exploding head in LTK
    also

That scene in MWAGG when Bond meets up with Andrea Anders and he's talking to her...then he spots the bullet hole and she's been dead all along...so freaky and unexpected

oh and that scene in Moonraker when they send the dogs after Corrine Dufour
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    You see the dogs going after her and its like entering the twilight zone with weird music.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Two scenes stick in my mind from being a kid. One, the PTS of Live and Let Die. "Who's funeral is it?" "Yours". That scared the bejesus out of me, particularly when they placed the coffin over him and picked him up.

The second is the crematorium scene in Diamonds Are Forever. That was terrifying, and still is. Actually, it's scary to the point that I'd like people to make trebley sure I'm dead before they cremate me.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    0064 wrote:
    You see the dogs going after her and its like entering the twilight zone with weird music.
    Always wondered why she ran straight past a golf cart, and into the woods.

Ah well, what can you do.
  • largo_7largo_7 PalmyraPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    I agree that the MR scene with Corinne was disturbing yet effective. The opening in OP also is a scary type of weird scene. Seeing a clown scramble for his life from a knife-throwing circus freak and fall through a glass door at an upscale party is definitely unexpected. I'm sure that has rekindled many people's fear of clowns and what they're really up to.

There must be something about running through the wooded areas that frightens me.
  • BottleRocketsBottleRockets Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    0064 wrote:
    Panic.
  • TraceyVTraceyV Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    but ur right the crematoriam scene is disturbing
  • Ice Station 0Ice Station 0 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    When one of Bloefeld's men goes through the snow blower in OHMSS.
    I have to say when I was 7 and saw Moonraker for the first time and I saw Corrine going to the dogs, I asked my dad: "Why didn't she just drive away in the golf cart?"
  • danny_qualitydanny_quality Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    The mine sequence in AVTAK where Max Zorin and Scarpine? are slaughtering the innocent mineworkers with their machine guns. What makes it more disturbing is the pleasure that Zorin displays while he is commiting mass murder.

I found that rather entertaining then scary proberly one of the best parts of the film for me,but if it was me zorin was shooting at then ofcourse, it would make me want to find the nearest exit away from the mad man

I agree, this is part of what makes zorin such a great villian. for me, he's defiantely top 3.

On the subject of most disturbing...i'd have to say its in live and let die, when solitaire is getting mocked/teased/taunted with the snake! actually, the bit when the boy falls in the coffin of snakes was, and is, pretty disturbing.
    Alex wrote:
    0064 wrote:
    Panic.

Or incredible stupidity. I always wondered why she did this too. If you were panicking, wouldn't you try to get in something that can shield you from whatever is chasing you?
    Well we know she is of low intelligence, beside her ability to pilot a helicopter which apparently every Bond girl can do.

1. That line "I never learned to read" - AWFUL.

2. When Bond asks, "Where's the safe?" and she tries to keep it secret but glances over at it anyway.

3. Her lame excuses for Drax when he says "You were with Bond". "No I wasn't" Good job Corrine.

4. The golf cart. Use the golf cart.
  • clumclum Santa Cruz, CAPosts: 63MI6 Agent
    or why not climb a tree!
    last time i checked dogs can't climb trees

or carry a gun

-{
    Well we know she is of low intelligence, beside her ability to pilot a helicopter which apparently every Bond girl can do.

2. When Bond asks, "Where's the safe?" and she tries to keep it secret but glances over at it anyway.

3. Her lame excuses for Drax when he says "You were with Bond". "No I wasn't" Good job Corrine.

Haha! Exactly! :)) :)) :))
  • Ice Station 0Ice Station 0 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    LOL, you nailed that one! If killer dogs were after me I might have at least tried to climb a tree.
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    Yeah the scene of Baron Samedi falling into the snake filled coffin in LALD really freaked me out the first time I saw it, I have never really cared for snakes, I evan thought for a time that all snakes were venomus.

Also I never knew till I was about 14 or 15 that in LTK Dario was inplying that he raped Dela, til read on a Bond website, if you ask me this coupled with all the violent deaths in the movie mite be one the reasons why LTK was a letdown for most fans.
  • Iona Havelock RIPIona Havelock RIP Posts: 38MI6 Agent
    Sanchez: "What did he promise you...his heart?"
    "Give her his heart!"

Haha! Exactly! :)) :)) :))
    Thanks Nightshooter, glad you agree and how in the world did she get a helicopter piloting license?