Disturbing scenes

Comments

• ScorupcoScorupco Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Robinson wrote:
    I have to say now that the entire scenes from TMWTGG that were filmed on Scaramanga's Island are now a little disturbing because it reminds me of the Tsunami disaster. The same thing applies whenever I see the World Trade Centre in anything, with images of those planes flying into the towers being brought back.

I know what you mean, its pretty much the same whenever I hear about/see Madrid or London in anything now.
  • ScorupcoScorupco Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    But I thought that before that the,
    "We gave her a nice Honeymooooooooooon," was always a bit brutal.
    I always found that funny!

I found that quite funny myself actually, but I'm just evil! :v
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited August 2005
    the creepyness of jaws for women must of been bad, ive got pictures on msn of him and alot of females have told me to remove it, because it gives them nightmares with him showing is metal teeth,it must be a horrible death to be grabbed by a 7ft man and to have your neck broken by is teeth crunch.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    the creepyness of jaws for women must of been bad, ive got pictures on msn of him and alot of females have told me to remove it, because it gives them nightmares with him showing is metal teeth,it must be a horrible death to be grabbed by a 7ft man and to have your neck broken by is teeth crunch.

It's late I'm tired - and evidently so is my computer from the way it's acting. And I think that last line has just given us both nightmares. I'm already feeling weird in my neck. The reason I get freaked out on stuff like that, is because I've got an over reactive imagination. It's good most the time though.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • jakeandgabejakeandgabe Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Besides the deaths of Tracy and Della, the scene that always bothered me was Corinne Dufour hunted down and mauled by Drax's dobermans in Moonraker. Her punishment did not fit the crime.
  • chris Walkenchris Walken Posts: 85MI6 Agent

It's late I'm tired - and evidently so is my computer from the way it's acting. And I think that last line has just given us both nightmares. I'm already feeling weird in my neck. The reason I get freaked out on stuff like that, is because I've got an over reactive imagination. It's good most the time though.

I assure you FelixLeiter007 your safe as jaws was only an actor.but i feel the same, the thought of it makes my skin crawl,
  • Hells AngelHells Angel Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Besides the deaths of Tracy and Della, the scene that always bothered me was Corinne Dufour hunted down and mauled by Drax's dobermans in Moonraker. Her punishment did not fit the crime.
    I forgot about that, it always seems too cruel.
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't particularly see the humor in this line. Dario's basically saying "Don't worry we raped your new wife before we killed her."
  • A_Water_PistolA_Water_Pistol Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Definatley the scene with Corrine Duffor being mauled by the dobermans,not a nice death by any means!But also the scene with killifers exploding head, made all the worse by the fact that u see his head expand and then the blood splatter all over the window.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Yes, the doberman chase was quite a suspenseful and disturbing sequence. I believe you mixed up some characters in LTK. It was Milton Krest, not Ed Killifer, who's head exploded. Killifer is the one who fell into the shark tank with his precious $2 million. Either way, both gruesome deaths.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Hells AngelHells Angel Posts: 36MI6 Agent

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't particularly see the humor in this line. Dario's basically saying "Don't worry we raped your new wife before we killed her."
    Its just the way he says it, I know its meant to sound probably menacing or whatever but I can't help just finding it funny!
  • A_Water_PistolA_Water_Pistol Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Yes, the doberman chase was quite a suspenseful and disturbing sequence. I believe you mixed up some characters in LTK. It was Milton Krest, not Ed Killifer, who's head exploded. Killifer is the one who fell into the shark tank with his precious $2 million. Either way, both gruesome deaths.

Yeh sorry!Been a while since i saw that movie!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,338MI6 Agent
    The scene in GE where Onatopp guns down a roomful of Russian staff at the satellite base.

What is disturbing about this is Martin Campbell's typically tasteless direction. It's like we're meant to find it funny... yet earlier scenes featured clear nods to Schindler's List. Maybe the director thought that was a laugh too?

The scene predated the Dunblane atrocity by only a couple of months too - had it been contemporary, it would have killed the franchise.

This was surely one of the scenes Roger Moore complained about regarding later Bond films.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'd say Dario's death in LTK. He was alive for a good bit of the pain of his body being shredded. Very gruesome.

I wholly agree here. That was nasty. I would hate to go that way.
  • pikepike Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    they are all in Licence to Kill! Felix being fed to the shark is really nasty, the bleeding chunk of meat in the foreground makes it seem much gorier than they could actually have got away with. Dario slipping into the shredder screaming as he goes is so much more disturbing than if he had fell in in one go. but the airlock scene is the worst. while the head looks abit silly when it pops anything involving pressure kind of freaks me out. i hate having my blood-pressure taken!
  • SalmakiaSalmakia Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Definatley the scene with Corrine Duffor being mauled by the dobermans,not a nice death by any means!
    I agree, but they are not dobermanns by the way, but beaucerons, fitting choice for a French chateau. :)
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    Salmakia wrote:
    Definatley the scene with Corrine Duffor being mauled by the dobermans,not a nice death by any means!
    I agree, but they are not dobermanns by the way, but beaucerons, fitting choice for a French chateau. :)

Hello Salmakia & welcome to AJB.

You certainly know your dog breeds! ;)
  • Dr KauffmanDr Kauffman Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    This ones easy! THE most disturbing scene without ANY doubt has to be this one. Forget your suffocating deaths, heads exploding and ships sinking, all of these are are positively pleasant compared to the truly disturbing scence of all Bond films. Which scene am i referring to?
    The one where....Roger Moore....."beds"....Grace Jones.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Definetely the way Milton Crest went...(shudders)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    LTK's shark and Dela moments
    and all the other villains ans henchmen who died by the hands of our trusty agent 007..
  • Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
    Some of the most disturbing scenes have already been mentioned: the sinking of the St Georges for one. The image of that officer's hand reaching in vain for the ATAC self-destruction lever is almost haunting.

Some other scenes that spring to mind:

- May Day strangling Tibbett in AVTAK. This scene did disturb me when I was younger.

- Vijay getting killed by the yo-yo in OP.

- Red Grant murdering the real Captain Nash in FRWL. This is a classic example of the unseen having a profound impact. Likewise, Grant murdering the Soviet agent in the car.

- Another scene from FYEO which sticks in the mind is when Bond finds Ferrara dead in his car. Especially as you can quite clearly see the marks on his neck from his brutal strangulation.
  • VampiressRNVampiressRN CaliforniaPosts: 203MI6 Agent
    Milton Krests head exploding in LTK.

Oh indeed...I can't watch that scene....too disgusting. :s
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I'd say Dario's death in LTK. He was alive for a good bit of the pain of his body being shredded. Very gruesome.

I wholly agree here. That was nasty. I would hate to go that way.

Ugh, I agree. LTK was too grusome...
    Ditto...that kinda reminded me of the Indiana Jones scene where the guy goes through the rock pulverizer. Nasty :v
  • JonesJones Posts: 90MI6 Agent
    Most disturbing scene in a Bond film, hmm, probably the Tunderball fighting sceene, because I would hate drowning. That would be probably the worst death ever.

Most diswturbing non-Bond moment. The Great Escape, when the dirt tunnel caves in on Charles Bronson, becuase, like "Danny" ever since I was a boy, I hated and feared dark closed in spaces, closets, and incidently enough, I was lost in a cave years ago, and it took me about nine hours to get out. So, I really fear closed in, dark spaces.:'(
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Jones wrote:
    Most disturbing scene in a Bond film, hmm, probably the Tunderball fighting sceene, because I would hate drowning. That would be probably the worst death ever.

Most diswturbing non-Bond moment. The Great Escape, when the dirt tunnel caves in on Charles Bronson, becuase, like "Danny" ever since I was a boy, I hated and feared dark closed in spaces, closets, and incidently enough, I was lost in a cave years ago, and it took me about nine hours to get out. So, I really fear closed in, dark spaces.:'(
    If there's any Bond experience I'd never in a million years care to experience, it'd be the Centrifuge trainer.

Thrill rides and roller coasters are not my thing - Each November a Nativity carnival is held in my local community, but if anyone wanted to locate me, I'd suggest the beer tent!
    That doberman scene is especially wicked due to the haunting yet beautiful music....it gives me the chills.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    That doberman scene is especially wicked due to the haunting yet beautiful music....it gives me the chills.

Not to mention, the lovely Corrine Clery, exits the movie far to early. It would have been better if the dogs ate Lois Chiles.
  • VroomfondelVroomfondel Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    I think I'd have to go with Krest's head exploding, the one guy in LTK (forgot the name) getting speared with the forklift, and the guts scene in OHMSS. The TWINE seen where Renard forces Davidov to hold the burning rock is also one that I disliked: it made me feel genuinely sorry for the character of Davidov.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    And then Bond kicks him and shoots him twice with no remorse a scene or two later. I felt sorry for the guy too, he was being a villain but Bond could've been nicer...