Disturbing scenes

124»

Comments

• TraceyVTraceyV Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    yes I believe I said that when I saw it too

but I guess then Drax would just have her shot instead. This way made it more exciting
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,328MI6 Agent
    This topic has made me think: What is more disturbing - a scene that is shown - or a scene taht is cut... so that your imagination can runn wild?

When your imagination runs riot...

The omitted scene in DAD, which explained via flashback Q's absence, is truly horrible.
    Q's taking retirement, fishing in his Q boat. He's abroad, on a lake in the wilds of Africa. Gradually, we see something lurk in the water behind him. It's a 25 foot long alligator, attracted by the Q boat, which it thinks is a female alligator..

Gradually, awfully, the huge beast begins to mount the Q boat, with its tiny, lizard-like front legs grappling for a hold, and a scary, toothy, malevolent leer on its face.

Q notices too late, and tries to leap out and beat the reptile off. Angered at being interrupted in its mating process, the reptile snaps at Q, who is now lankily and geriatrically wobbling atop the boat, trying to activate the laser on his wrist watch in a pitiful attempt at defense. (It's a homage to a similar scene with Captain Hook and the croc in Peter Pan.)

The aged boffin yells and screams in terror as the monstrous reptile bits down on the lower half of his torso, arms flailing... cut back to John Cleese and his invisible car.

Apparently Lee Tamorhi cut the scene because he didn't think the Q boat design was fashionable enough....
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    An inspired scene, NP. Pity it was cut. Probably had difficulty acquiring the services of a stunt gator, or perhaps the CGI blue drank up their resources.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Speaking of Corrine's idiocy, what about Countess Lisl's idiocy in FYEO? Another mildly disturbing sequence but the point is, Bond and Lisl are on the rock, Lisl is well protected by Bond and she deserts him and runs into the line of fire for Locque to kill her! She basically asked Locque to run her over! Why Lisl, why?

Also, for anyone who dislikes Locque as a henchman, that man, though not appearing as a killer and as a normal man just oozes menace and is a great henchman. Pity the actor hanged himself a few years later... and Jacoba Brink committed suicide! Yeesh!
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    This topic has made me think: What is more disturbing - a scene that is shown - or a scene taht is cut... so that your imagination can runn wild?

When your imagination runs riot...

The omitted scene in DAD, which explained via flashback Q's absence, is truly horrible.
    Q's taking retirement, fishing in his Q boat. He's abroad, on a lake in the wilds of Africa. Gradually, we see something lurk in the water behind him. It's a 25 foot long alligator, attracted by the Q boat, which it thinks is a female alligator..

Gradually, awfully, the huge beast begins to mount the Q boat, with its tiny, lizard-like front legs grappling for a hold, and a scary, toothy, malevolent leer on its face.

Q notices too late, and tries to leap out and beat the reptile off. Angered at being interrupted in its mating process, the reptile snaps at Q, who is now lankily and geriatrically wobbling atop the boat, trying to activate the laser on his wrist watch in a pitiful attempt at defense. (It's a homage to a similar scene with Captain Hook and the croc in Peter Pan.)

The aged boffin yells and screams in terror as the monstrous reptile bits down on the lower half of his torso, arms flailing... cut back to John Cleese and his invisible car.

Apparently Lee Tamorhi cut the scene because he didn't think the Q boat design was fashionable enough....

Ugh... I wouldn't want Q to die.
  • clumclum Santa Cruz, CAPosts: 63MI6 Agent
    This ones easy! THE most disturbing scene without ANY doubt has to be this one. Forget your suffocating deaths, heads exploding and ships sinking, all of these are are positively pleasant compared to the truly disturbing scence of all Bond films. Which scene am i referring to?
    The one where....Roger Moore....."beds"....Grace Jones.

Oh, the things Bond does for England.
    eeeewwwwwww! :o
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    clum wrote:
    This ones easy! THE most disturbing scene without ANY doubt has to be this one. Forget your suffocating deaths, heads exploding and ships sinking, all of these are are positively pleasant compared to the truly disturbing scence of all Bond films. Which scene am i referring to?
    Yeah I've said that a few times. Ooooohhhh...my eyes.

0064 wrote:
    clum wrote:

"For The Queen! Into the breach!" :#
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    clum wrote:
    0064 wrote:
    clum wrote:

"For The Queen! Into the breach!" :#

A mildly eerie scene, but not as eerie as people make it out to be. (Apparently this scene took awhile to shoot as well since Roger Moore and Grace Jones kept playing practical jokes on each other).
    don't worry JFF, i do think May Day is a good henchwoman.
    and i did read (i think here on ajb) that grace jones' "joke" was to wear a strap-on :o yeah, that would take awhile to film.

and this scene isn't disturbing because of what happens to Bond.
    it's disturbing when you think about it happening to you!
    i'd rather take the carpet-beater
    -{
  • somethingsomething Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    edited March 2006
    i'd have to say the scene that freaked me out the most was when quarrell(however you spell it) got burned to death in Dr.No jsut the way he screamed really freaked me out
  • Vantage VolanteVantage Volante Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    The scenes that frightened me the most when I was younger were neither the Zorin ones, nor the Krest/Dario-scenes. In all those scenes you sensed it all coming. The underwater scenes in FYEO were pretty frightening, but what really gave me the chills was the first time I saw Pushkin get "shot," which came as a total, gruesome surprise. Shows the brilliance of TLD and Daltons Bond.
  • TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    The scene in GE where Onatopp guns down a roomful of Russian staff at the satellite base.

What is disturbing about this is Martin Campbell's typically tasteless direction. It's like we're meant to find it funny... yet earlier scenes featured clear nods to Schindler's List. Maybe the director thought that was a laugh too?

The scene predated the Dunblane atrocity by only a couple of months too - had it been contemporary, it would have killed the franchise.

This was surely one of the scenes Roger Moore complained about regarding later Bond films.
    I remember when this happened Licence to Kill was going to be put on tv but they had to cancel it due to what happened
  • The SidekickThe Sidekick Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    What about when Bond knocks the skier of the huge mountainside in OHMSS, the screams as he wa falling down, and it was quite high.
    Solange's hammock entangled corpse was rather unsettling.

Along with the Miami bomber's explosion. (Heard and not seen)
  • OsatoOsato Aberdeen, ScotlandPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    I recall aged 9 or 10 being creeped out by Jaws dressed as a carnival clown in Moonraker.

Baron Samedi in LALD has a disturbing effect; due to a great characterization by Geoffrey Holder.

Also Jaws' dispatching of Max Kalba in TSWLM was quite disturbing at the time. It's funny how those films seem silly and cartoonish now,to a child they all contain some quite disturbing elements.
    Green figs, yoghurt, coffee very black.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    Osato wrote:
    ...Jaws' dispatching of Max Kalba in TSWLM was quite disturbing at the time. It's funny how those films seem silly and cartoonish now,to a child they all contain some quite disturbing elements.

Especially when you consider that Jaws was reduced to a sympathetic, love-struck buffoon in the very next picture. Now that's a character arc...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Osato wrote:
    Also Jaws' dispatching of Max Kalba in TSWLM was quite disturbing at the time. It's funny how those films seem silly and cartoonish now,to a child they all contain some quite disturbing elements.
    Pretty frightening scene. The way he cornered him in that booth. The build up music didn't help my young nerves either.

Maybe he was a comedic figure in MR, but scenes such as that, and that sudden illumination during the Pyramids show were rather chilling.
    Seeing Felix Leiter's leg being bitten of by that shark was awful.i think that film had some horrible scenes anyway
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    Tobias wrote:
    Seeing Felix Leiter's leg being bitten of by that shark was awful.i think that film had some horrible scenes anyway

I agree. The two most disturbing Bond scenes for me would be the above-mentioned Felix Leiter shark scene, and also the moment during the LTK PTS when Sanchez whips Lupe and has her lover's heart cut out (the latter is, mercifully, off-screen).
    All together Licence To Kill is not a very nice film it should belong with Lethal Weapon it is disturbing for a James Bond Film
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    What about when the guys head explodes.
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/