26

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

WOW!  How did I miss this?  You did an an amazing job on this site!

Visit www.thebondexperience.com
for our newest vlogs on living like Bond, one moment at a time...

27

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

ajb007/cheers  I agree with everyone else,  great site.

28

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Thanks again all!

Just an update on stats: Budget alternatives to the QoS cardigan is still the most popular post with almost twice as many views as any other post.  https://iconicalter … an/.

Second is the BC Linen Blazer: https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … en-jacket/

All the other posts have about the same number of views.

Any suggestions for what people want to see next?

the woven/plaited leather O Ring belt DC wears (non-Bond)
the Y-3 Jacket,
the Neil Barrett London/poster pants,
or the TF Morocco polo

29

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:

Thanks again all!

Just an update on stats: Budget alternatives to the QoS cardigan is still the most popular post with almost twice as many views as any other post.  https://iconicalter … an/.

Second is the BC Linen Blazer: https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … en-jacket/

All the other posts have about the same number of views.

Any suggestions for what people want to see next?

the woven/plaited leather O Ring belt DC wears (non-Bond)
the Y-3 Jacket,
the Neil Barrett London/poster pants,
or the TF Morocco polo


Casino Royale! All 3 cardigans, especially. (I know, it isn't an option posted, but MAN...love CR!)

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/jt850/001.gif

30

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Thanks for the suggestion 001.

Just posted options for the TF Morocco Polo.
https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … llar-polo/

Will keep adding alternatives as I find them.

31

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

drum007 wrote:

I posted this in one of the other threads. Here's the Banana Republic budget alternative "Solden" jacket which I picked up today in store for $87 (normally $175). By far, one of the closest alternatives to the Tom Ford out there and can't beat the price! I couldn't be happier.  ajb007/bond

http://m.bananarepublic.gap.com/product … cj.6147222


http://s21.postimg.org/mdm8l2sgj/image.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/i37kphndf/image.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/rz42be3rn/image.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/m9ntr2xlf/image.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/6a567j1jn/image.jpg


drum, I'm glad you like it.

Canoe2, if you put this on the site, I hope you'll give credit where credit's due.

Another (comparatively) budget alternative is for the Matchless jacket..... code SHOP25 knocks it down to $770 before tax until Monday (2 days).......

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/prod … AMETER=BAG


http://images.bloomingdales.com/is/image/BLM/products/6/optimized/8860546_fpx.tif?wid=550&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg


For the next 24 hours if you are a member of their Loyalist program you may get an additional $25 reward card per $100 spent so the Matchless alternative will have a net cost of $600.

Yes. Consssssiderably.

32

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Thanks for the suggestion. I will make sure you get the credit. I'm going to try something a little different for the Matchless post, but I will include options like this.

The Solden jacket is a tough one since most of the great alternatives have already been mentioned.

33

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I tried on the H&M shawl collar cardigan, and while I wouldn't buy it because of its high acrylic content, I didn't think it really looked grey in person. A more charcoal-leaning shade of black, yes, but it's very hard to find this style at that price point elsewhere and it has the broad shawl collar, etc., so I'd recommend to check it out.

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman." - "That is something to be afraid of."

34

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Thanks for that feedback!

I am not planning on doing any searches for the JV Racer jacket any time soon, but Nordstrom has an alternative on sale for $315.00
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/stand-suede … tback=1300

http://g.nordstromimage.com/ImageGallery/store/product/Large/1/_11261241.jpg

Black, not blue unfortunately.

35

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Took a shot at alternatives for the Matchless jacket:
https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … g-blouson/

36

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

What a cracking job you've done , really well put together.
Informative and helpful , a credit to you.
If you can help with us Uk residents that would be amazing too , keep it up  ajb007/bond

007 reporting for duty

37

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Wonderful site canoe2! Thank you for doing this.

One item that I've been looking for a budget alternative to is the charcoal grey pinstriped suit from the London/Scotland scenes in Skyfall.  I know Baron Boutique and Magnoli Clothiers both provide replicas but I've always been curious as to what other options could be out there.

If you have any information on any possible alternatives, I'd greatly appreciate it.

38

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Excellent site, very well done!

You're that English secret agent from England

39

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Glad it is helping!

chriscollins007, I am trying to start mixing in more options for UK collectors, but I am more familiar with U.S. brands. But I will do my best and anything anyone can share would be a big help!

Skyfell: I have some other items lined up before I tackle suits. Honestly, suits scare me a little!  ajb007/amazed But I think I'll risk a try soon, and I'll make this the first one.

40

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

To be fair bud any of the sites that do uk shipping is fine rather than Uk companies.
so what ever you source will be helpful , thanks

canoe2 wrote:

Glad it is helping!

chriscollins007, I am trying to start mixing in more options for UK collectors, but I am more familiar with U.S. brands. But I will do my best and anything anyone can share would be a big help!

Skyfell: I have some other items lined up before I tackle suits. Honestly, suits scare me a little!  ajb007/amazed But I think I'll risk a try soon, and I'll make this the first one.

007 reporting for duty

41

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Took a break from clothing and tried finding alternatives to the BC leather duffel from Austria. Thanks to sruzgar for IDing it.

https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … ravel-bag/

42

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

One of the jackets I included in the Dior Alternatives post was the Club Monaco Wool Bomber. They are having an extra 30% of sale, so the price drops to about $230.00. Only XS and XL: http://clubmonaco.borderfree.com/produc … Src=search. Use the code FREESHIP for free shipping.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/ClubMonacoGSI/p19396008_lifestyle?$flyout_main$&iv=v65r91&wid=500&hei=500&fit=fit,1

I shared some other options for the Mr. White jacket here: https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … te-jacket/

I also added some new ebay options for the Menlo jacket:
https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … er-jacket/

Last edited by canoe2 (8th Dec 2015 13:51)

43

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Hey canoe2, great job modifying the budget Matchless collar. I'm really thinking of giving this a try! Where there any specific instructions you gave your tailor? I'm sure any competant tailor would know how to do this.

44

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

drum007 wrote:

Hey canoe2, great job modifying the budget Matchless collar. I'm really thinking of giving this a try! Where there any specific instructions you gave your tailor? I'm sure any competant tailor would know how to do this.

Thanks! Turned out okay; like I said, for less than $90.00 all in, I was pretty happy. There has been a lot of hits on the links to the Ebay Banana Republic suede jackets on the site, so I guess other people might want to try it too.

What I did was trace the original jacket collar on paper. Then I folded over and pinned down the original collar and kept trying it on and adjusting the pins until it had a height I liked that also matched up (more or less) with the pictures. I took the measurements of the adjusted collar height I liked and created the new pattern on the same paper with the first tracing so the tailor could see how much needed to be removed. For me the final height was 2.15" at the back tappering down to 1.75" at the ends, but the measurements will depend on your personal preference and the size of the jacket. On the pattern I also drew in how I wanted the "points" removed at the ends of the collar to create more of a squared off look. Then I took the pattern and pictures to the tailor and he went to work.

Of course, I probably could of just asked someone here that has the Matchless to send me the collar measurements  ajb007/amazed   ajb007/lol

45

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Fantastic! Thanks for the info. I think that David mentioned that the collar on the matchless has a wire frame. That might be a nice feature to add for anyone else attempting to try this.

46

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

drum007 wrote:

Fantastic! Thanks for the info. I think that David mentioned that the collar on the matchless has a wire frame. That might be a nice feature to add for anyone else attempting to try this.

Didn't know that! I had my jacket done before The Bond Experience video came out and I must of missed that fact when I watched it.

Just sharing the link to the mod drum007 is referring to: https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … g-blouson/. Scroll to the bottom of the post.

I also tried to find alternatives to the R.M. Williams Plaited Kangaroo leather belt. Tough one!! I'd like to know if anyone has other options

https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … ther-belt/

47

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:
drum007 wrote:

Fantastic! Thanks for the info. I think that David mentioned that the collar on the matchless has a wire frame. That might be a nice feature to add for anyone else attempting to try this.

Didn't know that! I had my jacket done before The Bond Experience video came out and I must of missed that fact when I watched it.

Just sharing the link to the mod drum007 is referring to: https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … g-blouson/. Scroll to the bottom of the post.

I also tried to find alternatives to the R.M. Williams Plaited Kangaroo leather belt. Tough one!! I'd like to know if anyone has other options

https://iconicalternatives.wordpress.co … ther-belt/

I thought this was a good budget option for the kangaroo belt
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191751745403? … EBIDX%3AIT

48

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

xxfastfuxx wrote:

I thought this was a good budget option for the kangaroo belt
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191751745403? … EBIDX%3AIT

Agreed! I tried finding some of the same vendors from Australia I mention in the post on Amazon UK and Ebay UK but no luck. Glad there is an option for the UK!

49

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Great layout, a lot of thought put into this. Keep up the fantastic work  ajb007/smile

50

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

+1 ... just another thanks for the effort you've put in.