Mistakes

Comments

• PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    SPOILERS (of course!)

1. Why when every other room in the ice palace is only filled with a foot or so of water is Jinx's full to the ceiling?

2. If the hovercraft can negate the Korean DMZ minefields, why bother with the Icarus?

3. Where did that ice cliff come from? The ice palace is at water level (or just over) when Bond uses his TB rebreather to get in. When he shoots off on the ice racer (not appearing to go up-hill), somehow within a mile or so there is an enormous cliff!

4. A couple of conifers appear to rip the winglets off of the ice racer. When the camera pulls back immediately after there are none to be seen. Also, how can a conifer tree grow on an ice flow?
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited November 2002
    In DAD, when Monepenny is seen closing Miranda Frost's file, the CD sitting on her desk says "MI6 Security Service", when, if indeed it will say anything, it would be "MI6 Secret Intelligence Service". Security Service is the correct name for MI5.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Vesper LyndVesper Lynd Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Anarchist - Remember there are lots of Oriental languages, so it's possible to speak several and still not be understood there! It's quite reasonable for him not to understand the keyboard.

Red Grant - Nah, it's not the film crew - it's some baddies shooting a home movie ;)
  • iainiain Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    In TMWTGG, Bond is told exactly where scaramanga's 3rd nipple is positioned, but when he uses the fake nipple that Q gave him, he places it on the wrong side at the wrong height!

In LTK, when bond is on the 'oil' tanker and being shot at by Sanchez, the bullets hitting the back of the tanker play the bond theme!

In YOLT, how do they get the images of the spaceships?Is there another one filming the event?Why?And how do they get the images of the helicopter picking up bond's tail? When we see the shot of the sky, there is no othere helipcopter, so how did kissi and bond get the image on her tv screen in the car?

I got a whole load of more mistakes for you!Email me at;
    shootthelizard@yahoo.co.uk
  • YourBestStalkerYourBestStalker Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    Here's a farfetched guess for why they could see the helicopter as well as the spaceships:
    Satelites, but i'm not sure if they could do that sort of stuff in the 60s...
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    SPOILER

When Bond is betrayed by the Double Agent and goes to shoot it transpires his gun has been emptied. But surely a man who appreciates and can detect point three degrees farenheit temperature difference in his saki, would be able to ascertain some weight discrepancy in his hand piece when holstering.
  • Red GrantRed Grant Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    Quoting Predator:SPOILERS (of course!)

1. Why when every other room in the ice palace is only filled with a foot or so of water is Jinx's full to the ceiling?

2. If the hovercraft can negate the Korean DMZ minefields, why bother with the Icarus?

3. Where did that ice cliff come from? The ice palace is at water level (or just over) when Bond uses his TB rebreather to get in. When he shoots off on the ice racer (not appearing to go up-hill), somehow within a mile or so there is an enormous cliff!

4. A couple of conifers appear to rip the winglets off of the ice racer. When the camera pulls back immediately after there are none to be seen. Also, how can a conifer tree grow on an ice flow?

1. Becuase to my memory, Graves began to flood that room, and then the palace.

2. Becuase, there are not enough hovercrafts to get enough Korean tropps across. Remember as soon as you get to the other side, that "small army" (quoting Colonel Moon) would have to greet the welcoming committe, U.S. forces.

3. Well, as you know the ice palace was built on a body of water, which undoubtably leads into a waterfall. Its not really a cliff, as Gustav just froze it.

4. Remember, Graves biomes, the Ice palace on a river. Icarus created all of this, the whole idea of a second sun to have crops and vegitation grow anywhere at anytime.

Oh and lets not forget the best answer to all of these questions: ITS ONLY A MOVIE!
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Quoting Red Grant:Oh and lets not forget the best answer to all of these questions: ITS ONLY A MOVIE!

You're so mean! ;)

[I still think my points are ... inconsistencies!]
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    edited November 2002
    In FRWL...they're in the boat and Tatiana licks her finger to test the wind...

Hmm...if I'm riding forward in a boat...I'm pretty sure the wind is going to flying back in my face regardless of what direction it's actually going.

Unless that was some REALLY strong wind.
  • Red GrantRed Grant Posts: 147MI6 Agent
    I am not sure how much of a mistake this is as this is how they shot it, but In Goldfinger, when Oddjob throws his hat at Bond inside Fort Knox, when watched in slow motion it is actually rotating in the opposite direction.

Also, this may have been said but in GoldenEye, when Bond is running to the dam jump his bungee cord is white, and when he jumps its black.
  • Adrian_MalpraveAdrian_Malprave Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    I just was playing around and kept on pausing the movie but then I relised something.

In Octopussy when the guy gets thrown onto the bed of nails, his legs are dangling off the bed.
    But when Bond fights the other guy and he is pushed onto the ash walkway, you can see the dead enemy in the backround, with both legs on the bed.
  • In YOLT Henderson offers Bond a martini but says "Stirred, Not Shaken" instead of "Shaken, Not Stirred"
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    Quoting Nobody Lives Forever:In YOLT Henderson offers Bond a martini but says "Stirred, Not Shaken" instead of "Shaken, Not Stirred"

True...though, I don't think that was a mistake...the writers meant for him to get it wrong...and thus they showed us that Bond is too much of a gentlemen to correct him.
  • Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
    Bond's smile indicates that he knows Henderson has made a mistake but doesn't say anything out of politeness.
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Not seen this one here yet but another DAD one.

Minimal Spoilers

As M is talking to Falco via the video link you can see the top of Falcos webcam int he bottom left of the screen, then the angle changes does he have 3 pointless webcams or a touch of product placement creative licence? ;)
    Simon
    In YOLT, when Kissy returns w/ Tiger and the ninjas she's wearing a white bikini. Once she is inside the volcano she is wearing a robe over her bikini and then again later she has discarded the robe and is wearing the bikini.
  • madraco1969madraco1969 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    What about the scene in Thunderball when Q is equiping Bond. Just after they discuss how the deep breather can fit in a convenient pocket, Q turns to his right while looking down and says "Now pay attention". You can see that Q's lips aren't moving.
    would that be cosidered bad editing? (i cant remember how to spell today, so forgive my spelling errors)
    I don't recall if this has been mentioned before, but anyway...

In the ending of Dr. No when Bond and Honey are sitting in the conked-out boat and being pulled by Leiter and the american boat, Bond and Honey are on one side of the boat when you see them head on, and on the other side when you see them from the back.
    This isn't really a mistake, but its an interesting thing to look for.

In TMWTGG, in the pre-title sequence either before Scaramanga shoots the fingers off the Moore/Bond manakin or after he does it. As Nick-Nack and Scaramanga talk to manakin rocks back and forth and seems to move about. Neither Nick-Nack or Scaramanga are near the manakin, so why does he rock?
  • candycandy Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    In Die Another Day, the writers probably should have found out first that Iceland is actually not made of pure ice, it was only named that to fool the vikings way back when and Greenland is the country that is covered in ice. Iceland is like any ordinary country with lots of greenery and ****, so someone ****ed up on location in this one.

Also, what's with Jynx introducing herself as having a really french sounding name, but then near the end just after Bond saved her from the ice palace one of the British Agents refers to her as Agent Johnson?
  • ross007ross007 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Not really a mistake but quite funny! In Goldfinger, Felix Leiter speaks to M from his office, the White House is clearly seen through the window in the background! Does the President know that the CIA are operating from a Portakabin on the White House lawn???? LOL
    I dont recal the "Agent Johnson" but i guess maybe the name she first gave Bond was a alias.
    edited December 2002
    Quoting candy:
    In Die Another Day, the writers probably should have found out first that Iceland is actually not made of pure ice, it was only named that to fool the vikings way back when and Greenland is the country that is covered in ice. Iceland is like any ordinary country with lots of greenery and ****, so someone ****ed up on location in this one.

Also, what's with Jynx introducing herself as having a really french sounding name, but then near the end just after Bond saved her from the ice palace one of the British Agents refers to her as Agent Johnson?

Have you ever been to Iceland? Not only is landing at Keflavik like landing on the surface of the moon, but 40/50 miles outside Reykjavik and you're into total glacial country. No vegetation, no grass, nothing. Just ice, rock and the occasional solidified lava track. It is a rather baron land indeed. It was also discovered and settled on by the Vikings (Ingólfur Arnarson to be exact) who set up the world's first Republican government in 930, the Althing

I picked up Jinx's introduction as Jacinta Johnson, though she did accent the end of Johnson, so I could be wrong.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • ross007ross007 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Well since we're on a geography note, in the pre-titles to DAD, there has been almost no effort to make what is obviously Hertfordshire look like Korea!!! Shame!
    Here's one that just hit me, from DAD. When Bond gets flipped over during the ice chase. He uses the ejector seat to right himself. But the passenger ejector seat is still beside him. Even if it didn't fall out wouldn't it have been slouched or something, rather than perfectly secure in the car...
    Quoting YourBestStalker:Here's one that just hit me, from DAD. When Bond gets flipped over during the ice chase. He uses the ejector seat to right himself. But the passenger ejector seat is still beside him. Even if it didn't fall out wouldn't it have been slouched or something, rather than perfectly secure in the car...

Good one. If it was ejected at the force required to flip the car, not only would it be loose, it would sustain damage on impact with the ice.
    unitedkingdom.png
    I was watching DAF and everybodt says when the car goes in the small allyway it comes out on the other side of wheels. This is NOT a mistake. The mistake your looking here is how can the car flip sidesin the allyway?
    When it shows Tiffany and Bond going through the allyway, you see the car turns onto the next set of wheels.
    So the mistake is really, how can a car turn to the next set of wheels in such small space?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Adrian, I must disagree--it WAS a mistake. The editors inserted the (interior) shot of the car tilting in the alley to correct the error. This has been documented in several sources.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    When Bond takes the car up the ramp, Tiffany is leaning towards the floor. During the drive in the allyway, the car swaps sides and Bond is then leaning over to the floor. When the car comes out, Bond is still leaning towards the floor.