Comments

• AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited July 2006
    mimie wrote:
    do you know what james bond films have the sheriff in
    The Sheriff was in two. Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    edited July 2006
    JennyFlexFan might like this one. In the tense scene in AVTAK when Zorin kills off Howe, Jenny Flex walks to the right and turns around. When the camera changes to a different angle on Zorin, Jenny walks right and turns around again.
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    I don't know if this one's been mentioned before, and I'll be damned if I'll go through 16 pages to find out, but here goes:

In Goldfinger, Bond's hand turns off Jill Masterson's transmitter, which is on a table next to her on the balcony. But when she turns and asks "who are you?", the camera cuts to Bond who is several feet away, having just walked onto the balcony, where he utters the immortal "Bond ... James Bond" line.

And of course, there's another gaffe in GF that I've mentioned before in another thread, but that several of you have gone to great lengths to try and explain. Sorry, guys and gals. Color me skeptical -- or a little thick -- but it makes no sense for Goldfinger to kill Mr. Solo separately when he was going to gas all the gangsters in the room anyway. :007)
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    TND when the helecopter crashes in Saigon...the bloody dummies look soooo fake everytime i see that i cringe. I mean what idiot just goe into the wall sitting still... X-( X-(
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Agent Wade wrote:
    JennyFlexFan might like this one. In the tense scene in AVTAK when Zorin kills off Howe, Jenny Flex walks to the right and turns around. When the camera changes to a different angle on Zorin, Jenny walks right ant turns around again.

JFF likes, I've always seen her in the doorway and douse the floors with gasoline but I've never seen her do the same thing twice before and I've watched that scene in slo-mo plenty of times to catch glimpses of Jenny and Pan Ho. (If you can believe that ;))
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    but it makes no sense for Goldfinger to kill Mr. Solo separately when he was going to gas all the gangsters in the room anyway. :007)

I've never understood why Oddjob didn't take the gold out of the car before compacting it.
  • wstewartwstewart Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Not sure if this one has already been said. But did anyone notice that in FRWL the train changes from a European train to a British one?

Seriously though, i'm not a trainspotter, my dad pointed it out (who is a trainspotter)!:D
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:

In Goldfinger, Bond's hand turns off Jill Masterson's transmitter, which is on a table next to her on the balcony. But when she turns and asks "who are you?", the camera cuts to Bond who is several feet away, having just walked onto the balcony, where he utters the immortal "Bond ... James Bond" line.

Hopes... you may have spoiled that scene for me...! It's similar to the Oddjob decapitation of the statue, where the hat flies through it at speed and on, but then somehow we see it land right next to it.

Leiter's HQ with the White House out of his window is a bit odd, too! :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Leiter's HQ with the White House out of his window is a bit odd, too! :))

Don't be silly, NP. Obviously, Leiter and the CIA had set up a temporary portable 'situation room' on the White House lawn. ;)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    highhopes wrote:
    Hopes... you may have spoiled that scene for me...!
    Nothing could ever spoil that scene for me. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Dan Same wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    Hopes... you may have spoiled that scene for me...!
    Nothing could ever spoil that scene for me. :D
    Not forgetting the binoculars. They knew the pencil. Somehow.
    Alex wrote:

Eh? ?:)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Alex wrote:

Eh? ?:)
    Slow on the trigger today, Napoleon? Must I really explain? :)
    Yes please!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Auric wasn't miked, yet Bond and Jill clearly hear the pencil snap. Also, like the cameras in YOLT, how exactly did they know to automatically home in on his hands at that moment?

Just one more mistake we fans live for -{
    Ah, okay "they knew the pencil" was a bit cryptic for me... :D

But... what hands in YOLT? Or do you mean Hans the henchman?

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Ah, okay "they knew the pencil" was a bit cryptic for me... :D

But... what hands in YOLT? Or do you mean Hans the henchman?
    No, I just meant the unexplained camera views.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited May 2007
    Here's a link of a youtube video full of mistakes if you guys haven't already seen it. It's an amusing and interesting view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zygt_nGBGb0

Apologies if anyone already provided this link.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • FutureBond44FutureBond44 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Theres 17 pages of stuff here and im not reading it all so ill probly say stuff already said.

CR is the "first" Bond mission which truly was 1962 so almost everything is a mistake. They use cell phones. When every they show the date (security camera cd, bomber cell phone, vesper's cell phone etc all say 2006 which should truly say 1962 if they want to be right. He uses an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish one of the greatest cars to date but the DB5 was one of the only Aston Martins around in 1962. In the last fight scene nail guns dont shot rapidly. I worked in a lumber yard years ago and i never seen one do that. I dont know if you call those mistakes but theres more stuff like that just watch clostly.
    Hey FutureBond44, welcome to the forum.

Before anyone else jumps on you, CR is the first Bond mission, but it is not meant to be in set 1962. It's a reboot, not a prequel. In other words, it is set today (or last year).

Your point is like complaining about the technology of Batman Begins, saying it couldn't happen in the early 60s before Adam West took the role of the Caped Crusader...

I admit, the black and white Eastern Europe opening makes it look like its a Cold War film to start off with, but it isn't...

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Just another point FutureBond44, in 1962 the current Aston Martin would have been the DB4, the DB5 didn't appear until 1963.
  • ToshTogoToshTogo Rep. of South AfricaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Just another point FutureBond44, in 1962 the current Aston Martin would have been the DB4, the DB5 didn't appear until 1963.

Correct, the closest thing (looks wise) to a db5 would have been the db4 GT, which is absolutely beautiful
  • FutureBond44FutureBond44 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Wow ok question. How can it be the first mission if its set todate? So your saying every Bond movie is like being set in the one year? Im a huge Bond fan maybe not as much as you guys but Im not good with cars dates and other stuff. I dont want anyone jumping on me for mistakes thats part of the reason im here is to find out stuff i dont know so i can be a better fan.
  • clumclum Santa Cruz, CAPosts: 63MI6 Agent
    after all these years i just saw this:

in FRWL when Tatiana goes to the super-secret meeting to first see Klebb a mysterious hand reaches out to close the door behind her.

i guess you could say that Klebb had a guard outside the door but this seems a bit conspicuous for her covert mission.

more likely is a stagehand had to keep the flimsy prop door closed.

:)
  • Boris07Boris07 lincs ukPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    During the motorbike chase in Tomorrow Never Dies the two Land Rovers chasing Bond appear to t-bone each other, yet although you hear a crashing sound if you look closely they don't actualy touch each other, and even stranger still, when they continue the chase later on they aren't even damaged!
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    OK not sure if someone said this or not but on the DVD of TND during the mortobike chase. Bond jumps over the Heli and crashs through the roof. There's a female making love to someone in the background. As Bond drives out it shows a close up of her, for a quick second you can see her left nipple of her breast. Then it goes blury but should still be there from the camera angle.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
  • everypennyofiteverypennyofit Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Ok in CR
    at the airport they are in a fuel tanker ... FULL of fuel
    the police shoot the tanker at which point fuel is pouring out of the truck

why when they crash through the bus and flames go everywhere doesn't the tanker explode??
    OR even when the shots are fired .. surely there would be a spark to cause an explosion ???

another slightly annoying mistake
    is in the scene where bond enters the pin "Vesper" there is a cut away shot of him typing the pin in at which you can clearly see him press the "jkl" button and the "GHI" button ???
    why when he is entering vesper does he press these keys ???

also its not a mistake but i had to say .. the product placement in this film is appaling !!!
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    In From Russa With Love, Tatiana said Bond's eyes were brown, but everybody can notice that Pierce's Brosnan's are blue.

Well this was over 30 years before Brozzer was cast as Bond so it is understandable.

Also, Tiger kept going on about Bond's hairy chest in You Only Live Twice, but in TMWTGG, Bond's has no hair on his chest!.

Maybe he went a bit feminine and decided to have it waxed :))

When Bond is being pursued by Fiona Volpe through the Junkanoo in Thunderball, a small dog can be seen urinating.

So... dogs urinate all the time, it's hardly a mistake.

Tiger wrote:
    In The Man With the Golden Gun when J.W. Peppers wife wants to buy one of those cute little elephants, Pepper reply's by saying, "Elephants! Thems Democrats Maybel." An elephant is the symbol of the republican party, while the donkey is the symbol of the democratic party.

It might've just been a way of showing how idiotic J.W. Pepper was.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    Tiger wrote:
    In The Man With the Golden Gun when J.W. Peppers wife wants to buy one of those cute little elephants, Pepper reply's by saying, "Elephants! Thems Democrats Maybel." An elephant is the symbol of the republican party, while the donkey is the symbol of the democratic party.

It might've just been a way of showing how idiotic J.W. Pepper was.

Nah the quote is:
    "Oh look, J.W.! I just got to have me one of those cute little elephants."
    "Elephants! We're Democrats, Maybelle."

Initially the Republicans started in the north, and Democrats were strong in the south. This maybe the reason why they support the Dems, despite being against the sterotype (by todays standards anyway).

I've always liked that line ;)
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • sinlumsinlum Posts: 116MI6 Agent

I know I am digging up a very old thread here but I discovered something today that was quite interesting.

(If you assume that Brosnan's Bond is the same as Connery's) there is an often cited contradiction that Bond in TND ought to be able to use Wai Lin's keyboard since he told Moneypenny in YOLT that he studied Oriental languages at Cambridge.

This technically is NOT a contradiction!

Entering characters into computer systems to make Chinese words has long been a problem for Chinese people since it is a language which does not use an alphabet to write out words and instead uses symbols to represent words.

Many different input systems have however been created over the years to overcome this problem with many systems using characters which represent phonetic sounds of the words to allow the user to type out words based on the pronunciation of the target words.

The keyboard that Wai Lin uses has characters from the Cangjie input method which uses characters which represent graphical units of the target word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cangjie_input_method

As a rough example so you can understand how the method works, the word Triangle might be realised as the symbols / \ _ to make △. But the input order of the symbols needs to be learned. It could be possible that in order to write △, you need to put _ / \ in that order.

The Cangjie input method was created in 1976 so Bond would not have learned this method when he went to university. It is possible he might recognise and understand the symbols on the keyboard in TND but he would not know the order to input the symbols to be able to type the words out correctly.

+1 point for the filmmakers not making a mistake here 😁