Mistakes

Comments

• largo_7largo_7 PalmyraPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    I don't know if this is considered a mistake. In GF during the fly-by spraying over Fort Knox, the memeber of Pussy Galore's Flying Circus says, "5..4..3..2..0, commence spray." Where did the one go? Did it get cut out to accompany Barry's score, or is this just a procedure that I'm unaware of.
  • wet nelliewet nellie Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    I noticed in OP that when Bond sets his watch to coincide with the earpiece with Q, the stopwatch start counting up 1,2,5! What about 3 and 4?!
  • jbfreakjbfreak Posts: 144MI6 Agent
    edited December 2004
    At the end of TND, Wai Lin is in the water hanging by a chain. Then the boat blows up and Bond falls into the water to save Wai Lin, but she is still hanging there. If the boat just blew up, then how come the chain is still secure and not sinking?

In the pre title sequence of DAD, Zao has an a radio headset, but he talks into the radio instead of the headset. Also, during the hovercraft chase, Bond throws his gun, and then in the next scene he's shooting again.
  • Dave FarrellDave Farrell Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Haven't read all 197 replies so if I repeat anyone - apologies.

Watch out for Q saying "Now pay attention" in Thunderball with his mouth shut - now that's talented!
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    I wonder...was it intended when Bond and Leiter are in the 'copter above the Golden Grotto, that the frame is flipped around?
    Notice Connery's parting is suddenly on the right for one scene only.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Now that is observant!!

Another time Q demonstrates his talent is when he issues Bond with a standard issue ring finger!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    Quoting royalmile:
    I wonder...was it intended when Bond and Leiter are in the 'copter above the Golden Grotto, that the frame is flipped around?
    Notice Connery's parting is suddenly on the right for one scene only.

Also look out for the wristwatch and the stuff Bond holds in his hands, all of them change when the scenes are flipped. TB contains many of this kind of mistake, including the wondering pants, the pattern of Domino's bikini, the Junkanoo dresses, the licence plate mistake... etc.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Quoting YourBestStalker:
    We all know, or should know, that it is close to impossible for a movie to have no mistakes. And although, for the most part, these mistakes are trivial i would like to see how many we can name.
    So please, humour the idea and point out a few mistakes :007)

there's a nice collection at www.slipups.com
  • starman007starman007 Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Octopussy the whole thing was a mistake.
    Quoting DAWUSS:
    There's a nice collection at www.slipups.com

Uh... 6 mistakes for DAF? Come on, I have over 50 of them.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Zorin's shoes change between shots at the end of the film.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    This isn't really a mistake though many people think it is.
    In Licence to Kill, when Bond goes to the airport he just walks straight up to the counter! No queues. That is because he is travelling FIRST CLASS. Not that many people really travel first class and most of them will of probably bordered already!
    But I do admit about her telling him the truth. "Enjoy your flight - and by the way - watch out for the drug dealer!"
    Many people also think it is a mistake when in DAF the car switches sides when it it moving on 2 wheels. There was another shot added in showing that they DID switch sides.
    The whole thing happened in the first place because they filmed the first shot in Las Vagas and the second at Pinewood studios.
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
    Interesting.

If you look closely enough in the TWINE boat chase when Bond does the barrel role. One shot it is Bond in the boat as before, the next shot it's some other guy with a big black helmet on, then Bond again!

Also in TWINE, when M is in Maidens Tower and is talking to Reinard she has a shawl over her shoulder, then when he leaves the room it's gone!
    It might of fallen off :D - and they wouldn't of done the scene again just so they could have the shawl on her.
    Quoting FelixLeiter007:
    Many people also think it is a mistake when in DAF the car switches sides when it it moving on 2 wheels. There was another shot added in showing that they DID switch sides.

That's an old and long story, I think there was an explanation on this thread. It's the kind of blooper that is pointed out by people who haven't seen the movie, only heard about the blooper. Your very wise not to fall into that trap, Felix. :)

But answer this: If Bond has enough space to turn from one set of wheels to the other, why doesn't he just go on four wheels? Hm? ;)
    For fun...
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    Makes me wonder, couldn't they have gotten away with flipping that shot instead?
  • On LTK, when Bond has killed Sharkey and is trying to flee Milton Krest's henchman, one of Krest's divers can see him underwater and says something like:

'I can see something reflecting in the water over there but I can't be sure' and the diver waves his hand in the direction he thinks he is.

That's all very well, but the the diver has his head under water whilst he is saying all of this!!!!!
  • WaveCrestWaveCrest Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Quoting Moonraker 5:
    In The Living Daylights when Bond pulls up outside the Hotel Isle De France in Tangier after tailing Pushkin, he bumps into a pedestrian with his car.
    I was hoping (and thought there would be) there would be a post about this famous blooper from The Living Daylights. Every time since hearing about this blooper I've been looking for it and couldn't see exactly where it happens after Bond arrives in Tangiers. I'm glad I haven't had to ask about it as the film is on in a few minutes, and I won't see a possible reply till later.
  • skullkid17skullkid17 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    In the opening sequence of Moonraker, when Bond is fighting for the parachute with that guy, you can clearly see the parachute straps the stuntman is wearing underneath his clothes.

"Don't worry darling. Its just a hat that belonged to a small man with limited means who lost a fight with a chicken."
  • Bond_JamesBond_James Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet.
    In TMWTGG, 007 looses his gun while avoiding Nick Nack's Camera. He takes the dummy's clothes and his gun. Why would scaramange have a dummy with a loaded gun?
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    In FYEO Bond tells Melina it is important not to talk unless completely neccessary when they are scuba diving into the wreckage of the British ship, to save oxygen but he breaks his own rule by cracking a joke for no reason about a passing shark.
  • PUCCINIPUCCINI Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    in GE bond and Nat's parachute change from white to have red lines...
    Quoting Bond_James:
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet.
    In TMWTGG, 007 looses his gun while avoiding Nick Nack's Camera. He takes the dummy's clothes and his gun. Why would scaramange have a dummy with a loaded gun?

Maybe he was really going for that realistic idea. He wanted his dummy to be as much exactly the same as the real James Bond.
    Or he could of been just a total crackpot! :))
    Quoting kerby4u:
    i hope they all die horrible deaths

Man... Are you Luke Kendall or what? I hope Michael Kamen satisfies your thirst for blood.
  • SilverBullet_Club3GSilverBullet_Club3G Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    In YOLT - when Aki is driving bond to the hotel to meet Mr. Henderson, she is clearly on the right side driving, yet, just as they approach the hotel, the steering wheel is on the left and Bond is now on the right side. lol
  • SalvagebeastSalvagebeast Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    During the final underwater battle in "Thunderball", Emilio Largo rips off Bond's blue scuba mask. Bond then pulls a black scuba mask off a dead SPECTRE frogman and puts it on. But when the camera shows Bond's face again he is wearing the blue mask that Largo had ripped off just seconds earlier. I noticed that the 1st time I saw "Thunderball" on TV as kid in the days prior to owning a VCR.

That part always jumped out at me too. What's more is that donning a mask underwater would do him no good anyways as it would be filled with water.
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    During the final underwater battle in "Thunderball", Emilio Largo rips off Bond's blue scuba mask. Bond then pulls a black scuba mask off a dead SPECTRE frogman and puts it on. But when the camera shows Bond's face again he is wearing the blue mask that Largo had ripped off just seconds earlier. I noticed that the 1st time I saw "Thunderball" on TV as kid in the days prior to owning a VCR.

That part always jumped out at me too. What's more is that donning a mask underwater would do him no good anyways as it would be filled with water.

You can don a mask underwater and clear it of any water so you can see clearly. Learned that a few years ago in a beginning scuba class.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    This may not be appropiate for this particular page, but in DAD, Bond refers to a key as M's calling card. There's no such thing!
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • mimiemimie Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    do you know what james bond films have the sheriff in