Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Nice! I can't wait wait to get my next geeky ink

Got the itch for tattoos again...
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,700MI6 Agent
    Hey Pen, big baseball series coming up on May 16th Your Rockies, my Giants!!!! Game on!!!!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Will have to catch the series! Bring it on indeed!

How bout them two Rockies homers in a row, Mr. M? :007)

Pendragon wrote:
    How bout them two Rockies homers in a row, Mr. M? :007)

Still have three more games for this series. How about that Giants 4th and 6th inning ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Thing about tats is, it's like putting a poster on your wall or buying a fridge magnet. Soon you have to have another, and another. I don't advise it.

Plus, it's usually trivial stuff, I mean it's like a Facebook page with photos you can't delete of ex boyfriends, I mean there's no guarantee you'll be into the same stuff in a few years time. I agree about your parents about not getting tats, and also you could die from sex, but make sure you have a safety release sighal when he stuffs the rubber ball in your moujth, also doing it hanging outside the window of the 27th floor is not advised, I've lost a few girlfriends that way... :(
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Someone told me a few years ago......if you want a tattoo, find an image you like. Wait one year and look at the image again. If you still want that image as a tattoo, go ahead and get it.
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Someone told me a few years ago......if you want a tattoo, find an image you like. Wait one year and look at the image again. If you still want that image as a tattoo, go ahead and get it.

as someone who's had their tattoos for going on three years now, I don't regret getting them one bit. it's a matter of taste is all. I regret the circumstances that my tattoos honor (the passing of my beloved dogs). my next one is pure geekery that I've been planning for nearly four years. can't wait to have it on me!

and Mr. M...how 'bout my boys and their grand slam tonight? -{

My parents have no idea about it. A few days before I first left for university my mother told me "If you have sex, you could die" and then "do not get a tattoo". As I returned home in my first year with extra piercings at both Christmas and Easter they sighed (well actually my mother recoiled in horror the first time) but accepted them, adding "but please don't get a tattoo". I never said I wouldn't and tried to hint but I don't think they ever believed I would.
    I used to laugh at an older work colleague because I thought it was ridiculous that at 23 she was afraid to tell her dad about her first tattoo. I am nearly 20 and realised that there is never an age when it is going to be alright to tell my parents. The plan is to tell them the next time I see them, which will be on my birthday. They won't have seen me for a couple of months and being my birthday, I am hoping they won't go too mental. :D They will only be here for the day and will then have a month to get used to it before I come home for summer. Here's hoping anyway... :)

when I got mine, I told the parents "hey, this is gonna happen so make your peace with it..." they thought I was joking. a few days later, they got a text from me with the image of my first tat saying "here it is!" when I went home a couple weeks later, dad was all gung ho to see...mom said "I'll see it when I see it" and I said "no, you'll see it now cause it's not going away" and basically made her her used to it. my aunt, who came over later that day saw it, made a face, asked me if it was real and then went on saying how I ruined my leg blah blah...too bad. my money, my leg, my decision :P

208535_1825913122275_4570961_n.jpg
    216278_1839345178068_10973_n.jpg

next is gonna be this

182812_10200419578226709_615905845_n.jpg

Sherlock Holmes quote in Circular Gallifreyan -{

Pendragon wrote:

Thought the Giants were going to come back again. Didn't happen tonight though. 2 more games this weekend, then the Rockies come to our turf. BTW, what's the name of the Rockies mascot? I saw it in the stands behind home plate a couple of times. Just curious what the Dinosaurs name is (it is a Dinosaur right)?
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Pendragon wrote:

Thought the Giants were going to come back again. Didn't happen tonight though. 2 more games this weekend, then the Rockies come to our turf. BTW, what's the name of the Rockies mascot? I saw it in the stands behind home plate a couple of times. Just curious what the Dinosaurs name is (it is a Dinosaur right)?

That's Dinger the Dinosaur lol. he's kinda lame as a mascot (it should be a rock or a mountain or something like that...) but I kinda love him anway :P

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ?.....but make sure you have a safety release sighal when he stuffs the rubber ball in your moujth, also doing it hanging outside the window of the 27th floor is not advised, I've lost a few girlfriends that way... :(

Waaaaaaaaaah - too much information, Nap! :o
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    *struts around in Rockies gear* :p

Pendragon wrote:
    *struts around in Rockies gear* :p
    10-2, good lord. What happened Giants? Time for a shot of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Whiskey, then it's off to bed.

Giants win and it's a series split for this 4 game set. Then the [strike]Rookies[/strike] Rockies come to SF next weekend.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Thing about tats is, it's like putting a poster on your wall or buying a fridge magnet. Soon you have to have another, and another. I don't advise it.

Plus, it's usually trivial stuff, I mean it's like a Facebook page with photos you can't delete of ex boyfriends, I mean there's no guarantee you'll be into the same stuff in a few years time. I agree about your parents about not getting tats, and also you could die from sex, but make sure you have a safety release sighal when he stuffs the rubber ball in your moujth, also doing it hanging outside the window of the 27th floor is not advised, I've lost a few girlfriends that way... :(

I take your point Nap. Especially about the safety release, although I think my mother was referring to STIs as the closest we've ever come to a conversation about sex was discussing Freddie Mercury and AIDs.
    It is why I am hesitant about having any more as this is actually the only design that I have been settled on for several years. Even if one day I decide I hate The Saint, I am fairly hopeful that I will still love the design.
    Pen, that was an awesome way to tell your parents and your new tattoo is possibly one of the most brilliantly geeky ideas ever!

I do like this picture, although I believe it is everyone's own choice about tattoos and I totally accept that there will be some people who will always hate them and it just isn't for them.

972GU.jpg
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Yes, but wait til the next serial killer goes around leaving stick figures of the Saint on his child victims, then whatcha gonna do? I sound like a parent now. :#

I always wondered what would happen to the poor sod who had a name like Myra Hindley, they'd have to change it, what a curse. :o

Would your dogs get a tatto for you, Pen? No they would not, just go back to licking their balls.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    What was it today, Martini? 5-0? Who're the rookies now? :p

We'll see how it goes down next week.

Haha FL :P they both got used to them in time. Can't wait for my next! Hopefully in the next few months!

Oh Nap. I've missed you :P

Pendragon wrote:
    What was it today, Martini? 5-0? Who're the rookies now? :p

We'll see how it goes down next week.

Yeah 5-0. Giants looked bad. Not sure why they had so many errors this weekend. Oh well, that's history now.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/spielberg-star-wars-millions-074500622.html
    Spielberg’s Star Wars Millions.

Screen legend Steven Spielberg may have had nothing to do with 'Star Wars: A New hope' but it seems he still managed to make a small fortune from it…
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Inside geff's head, two cells ponder...

Cell 1; "Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a modern day version of the Aston Martin DBR1, but with modern technology and styling!!"

F966D962-E660-4F85-81D6-3C6876F5336B-7159-0000021954C8A34C_zpsf42c148f.jpg

Cell 2; "No"
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I need to pick your musical brains.

My housemate seems intent on doing a lot less revision for her exams than I am for mine. She has taken up daily singing and alternately playing clarinet and guitar. I need loud music with no singing (else I end up singing along and not taking stuff in) to block this out. I have been enjoying Glenn Miller and Wagner so any suggestions for similar stuff accessible on YouTube would be much appreciated. :)
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    edited May 2013
    Go for Freebird by Lynard Skynard, turn it up to 11 when the guitar solo starts.

Alternatively you can use Jools Holland's clip of Booker T doing Green Onions.
    http://youtu.be/NcaIiyIJGso

Failing that, punch your flatmate, snap the clarinet across your knee and take some sidecuts to the geetar strings.

Or as an after thought, put on a soundtrack. Lord of the Rings has some dramatic stuff, charge of the urak hai is good (typo?) or Star Trek Generations is good at full volume.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    i would go for home by the sea part 2 by Genesis
    2 full drum kits for openers should drown her out
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    the band Two Steps from Hell. EPIC movie music with no lyrics. you'll recognize some of their stuff.

Pendragon wrote:
    the band Two Steps from Hell. EPIC movie music with no lyrics. you'll recognize some of their stuff.

Less than 24 hours until game time. Colorado is in town for a three game series. Let's hope it goes better for the G-Men this time.
    This celebration, this league not just degrading to women – it’s degrading to sport
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/celebration-league-not-just-degrading-women-degrading-sport-093036070.html?vp=1

I didn't even know this sport existed. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :D can't find anything wrong with it -{

I'd pay for seeing it when my wife has migraine again :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Still it's bad sportmanship, I've lost all respect for these
    fine athletes. It would seem Only the Womens Beach volleyball
    play with honour. :p
    If she tried to do that to Me, After a few hours I'd definitely
    think about telling her to stop. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,778Chief of Staff
    If she tried to do that to Me, After a few hours I'd definitely
    think about telling her to stop. :D

Now hang on, TP...let's not be too hasty :007)
    YNWA 97
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Pendragon wrote:

Less than 24 hours until game time. Colorado is in town for a three game series. Let's hope it goes better for the G-Men this time.

*cracks knuckles* let's do this thing -{