Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm sure you get plenty of action NP. :))

The way you and Sir Miles, keep teasting each other.
    I keep expecting to hear you're going on a fishing trip. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MasterHandMasterHand BrazilPosts: 6MI6 Agent
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/north-korea-rocket-strike-threat-targets-us-071448227.html#pR1dkob

North Korea Rocket Strike Threat Targets US

If it wasn't so serious, this Little fat guy reminds me of the 60's
    comedy "The Mouse that roared " :#

He's just jealous because Psy is receiving more attention than him.
    Ours is the loneliest profession, Mr. Bond.
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/the-movie-stars-who-snubbed-royal-honours-112303842.html

The movie stars who snubbed Royal honours, A few Bond actors have said "No Thanks"
    John Cleese
    In 1999 comedy legend Cleese was offered a Life Peerage, and a seat in the House Of Lords, for his services to The Liberal Democrats. However Cleese declined the honour, and the bonus title of “Baron”, telling the Sunday Telegraph in 2011 “I realised this would involve being in England in the winter and I thought that was too much of a price to pay.” Well, it’s as good a reason as any. Cleese had previously turned down a CBE in 1996, stating “I think they’re silly.”
    Albert Finney
    Acting veteran Finney, who we recently saw keeping the British end up in ‘Skyfall’, declined a CBE in 1980, and a knighthood in 2000. In a scathing attack on the honours system, ‘Bourne’ and ‘Big Fish’ star Finney described the idea of knighting people as a disease, adding that it “perpetuates snobbery.”
    Honor Blackman
    There’s more to Blackman than Pussy Galore. The iconic Bond girl is a vocal supporter of Republic, the campaign for an elected head of state in the UK – so it’s hardly surprising that she turned down a CBE from her never-to-be-best-mate monarch in 2002. Blackman has also publicly criticised fellow Bond star Sir Sean Connery for his tax evading habits. “I don’t think you should accept a title from a country and then pay absolutely no tax towards it,” she said in 2012, “I don’t think his principles are very high.”

I like Honor's little dig at Sir Sean. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,418Chief of Staff
    She's a woman of many parts. I got her autograph at a Bond concert a few years ago, and she was an absolute stunner still, and well over 70 at that point.
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    On the subject of Korea I couldn't help but feel it was a bit childish of America to send those stealth bombers on a dry bombing run to South Korea. Sure, sure it was a "training exercise" but the message is clear, and if North Korea had done a similar thing (fired a non-exploding missile at Mexico for example) I reckon the USA would be kicking up one hell of a fuss about it!

What do you think? Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

JediM
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    On the subject of Korea I couldn't help but feel it was a bit childish of America to send those stealth bombers on a dry bombing run to South Korea. Sure, sure it was a "training exercise" but the message is clear, and if North Korea had done a similar thing (fired a non-exploding missile at Mexico for example) I reckon the USA would be kicking up one hell of a fuss about it!

JediM

I believe it was a joint training mission between the USA and South Korea
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent

JediM

Well, it's just a less hostile version of the events that brought us the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 - the Americans had missiles in Turkey near the USSR so the Russians merely followed suit with missiles in Cuba. History repeats itself. It has to. No-one listens.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/osborne-disabled-parking-space-storm-014632996.html#ko7fLdl

Osborne In Disabled Parking Space Storm.
    Richard Hawkes, chief executive of disability charity Scope , told the Daily Mirror the picture revealed "how wildly out of touch the Chancellor is with disabled people in the UK".

"They will see this as rubbing salt in their wounds," he said.

"Many are already struggling to make ends meet, yet the Chancellor's response has been to cut vital financial support and squeeze local care budgets."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    wasn't even osbourne driving it, and besides that, who gives a ****?

his driver was probably not the first, and i'm hazarding a guess that he won't be the last to partake in this most henious of villianous activities.

yes it's annoying, yes it's wrong, but there's plenty of people out there besides politicians that should and do know better, but they break the law anyway, yet they don't make breaking news on aunty.

christ, can you imagine if osbourne had said to reporters "whats the big deal? there was hardly any spassers there anyway" christ, it'd put north korea onto page 2
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    That hardly justifies it does it now?!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    yes we know its moraly wrong to take up a dis/abe space
    but our local sainsburys has about 30 dis/spaces none are ever used
    and whats the chance of 30 disabled shoppers all turning up at the same time
    ZERO
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    edited April 2013

I wasn't justifying osbourne's driver's actions, merely stating that it really is no big deal when compared to other current news features.

It's not the 'offence' that's in question, more the press' reaction to a rather lacklustre and trivial matter.

North Korea is shuffling missiles around, the US and S Korea roll out the battleships, claims of missiles being able to reach the UK, America on alert, China, Japan and Australia in Kim Ping Pong's sights, embassies being advised to leave PingPongPewPewPeeyow, plus Kim has found the winding handle to the nukrea reac-tour. Meanwhile, back in blighty....

Tony Bliar says he might have beating David 'Hugs 4 Hoodies' Cameron and Land Rover parks in disabled spot....

You can guess which matter got the top slot on Google News...

Thank god Osbourne didn't refer to the disabled by calling them plebs. We'd have to wheel in Peter Snow and get his swing-o-meter out.

8-)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Fear not, North Korea does not have missiles capable of reaching the UK!!!
    What. Not even in 45 minutes? :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

I wasn't justifying osbourne's driver's actions, merely stating that it really is no big deal when compared to other current news features.

It's not the 'offence' that's in question, more the press' reaction to a rather lacklustre and trivial matter.

North Korea is shuffling missiles around, the US and S Korea roll out the battleships, claims of missiles being able to reach the UK, America on alert, China, Japan and Australia in Kim Ping Pong's sights, embassies being advised to leave PingPongPewPewPeeyow, plus Kim has found the winding handle to the nukrea reac-tour. Meanwhile, back in blighty....

Tony Bliar says he might have beating David 'Hugs 4 Hoodies' Cameron and Land Rover parks in disabled spot....

You can guess which matter got the top slot on Google News...

Thank god Osbourne didn't refer to the disabled by calling them plebs. We'd have to wheel in Peter Snow and get his swing-o-meter out.

8-)

You're spot on, as always, minigeff. Glad to see you back on the boards. How's the little one doing? :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    She's doing fine, thanks for asking -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

Glad to hear it. Your comic asides have been missed here on AJB. :)
    minigeff wrote:

Glad to hear it. Your comic asides have been missed here on AJB. :)

Christ, then it's really hit rock bottom.

Just been trawling the www and found this pic of non other than ajb's very own bondtoys;

FF86983C-64B4-4943-A5A8-1F29EB77AA97-17777-0000054AC6A02A63_zps07022ab6.jpg

If you're reading this Markus, I miss your sausage banter.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Lovely pic. He looks lke a real-life Bo' Selecta latex face mask! It's those glasses!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Did you mean battered sausage Singe :D
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Hey, I just had an idea for a nickname for him, "Stumpy" :))
    Lol, stimpy more like :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    For any Radio 4 fans, Tom Tuck Straight to DVD. is a Comedy show
    18:30 Tuesdays. Very funny talking about all those low Budget straight
    to DVD films. Well worth a Listen. -{
    What every Good Bond villain Needs...... a private Island. :))

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/photos/luxury-beach-islands-for-sale-slideshow/
    Just caught the late News, some Horrible news about the attack in Boston.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Just caught the late News, some Horrible news about the attack in Boston.

F****** B*******,when are our so called world leaders going to wake up
    and eliminate these lunatics once and for all,all we get is the (which ever) goverment
    is appalled by this and we will bring those responsible to justice,
    and the terrorist say ooohh now im realy scared,the problem is all our UK leaders
    are all upper class ex public school twits and the say "oh cant do that its not cricket old boy"
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    94e2cb47_7bfc_45b9_b9c6_a636df51939a_boston_bomb9_160413.jpg

f9409024_06c9_4772_ac99_0638f3103196_boston_bomb12_160413.jpg

I hope these images are not upsetting to anyone But I feel
    the first photo shows the American spirit, Battered but never
    defeated.
    And in the face of yet more innocent civilians being attacked by unstable individuals who have been allowed access to dangerous items (not firearms in this case admittedly) the US government has voted not to impose tighter gun laws in the name of preserving some out-dated and completely misinterpreted tradition.

Meanwhile in the UK £10m was cut from the national arts budget this week for "unavoidable reasons". That just so happens to be the cost of a certain "not-at-all-state funeral" which took place today.

I do hate democracy.
    JediM
    Jedi Master wrote :
    Meanwhile in the UK £10m was cut from the national arts budget this week for "unavoidable reasons". That just so happens to be the cost of a certain "not-at-all-state funeral" which took place today.

:)) :)) :)) I didn't know that. Convenient yes?
    Highly. It does aggravate me how all the Tories are telling us that it was necessary for us to throw so much cash at this event. Clement Attlee was the first Labour Prime Minister to command a majority in parliament, he succeeded Churchill and basically rebuilt Britain after the war. He founded the NHS and the "welfare state", two fundamental aspects of our nation today so I think it's fair to say he is just as important at Thatcher. He died under a Labour government in 1967 (Harold Wilson) and they didn't feel the need to throw endless public money at him; he had, comparatively, a very modest funeral with something like 140 people attending.

But I shan't speak any more about it, my mum has already told me not to post so much about Thatcher on Facebook!

JediM