Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I'm afraid I was the last to arrive at the star of the year so didn't get any choice about my room. Advice duly noted for future reference.

minigeff has pointed out that I am rather lucky. My room is above my mates and as two of my housemates are together, it could have been horrendous. As it is, the first time I realised they had been up to anything since we got here was when I spotted his boxers on the floor in her room :))
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    the first time I realised they had been up to anything since we got here was when I spotted his boxers on the floor in her room :))

What were you doing in the room? Filming? :o :v :))
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :))

I'm incredibly cautious when approaching that room! Last year in halls I would knock and then just let myself into her room (before they were together).
    My other mate had a spider in her room and came to me so we both went to get him. I had to knock several times before I got an answer but there was no way I was walking in. They shouted out to us and we then had to wait for him to get dressed.
    Found the 'view all posts' function on my profile and have spent far too long going over them tonight.

For the most part I found it quite depressing and have only looked at ones from my first few months at AJB. It has been a stark reminder that what you put on the internet is there forever. I come across as rude and arrogant and having noticed some posts in old topics before, I find my old-self dismissive of other people's opinions. I just look at my old posts and think "what a prick". The words I want to use are ignorant and childish. I was 11, nearly 12 and didn't think I was...well, like that. I don't want to think I was that person because if I was, it meant everyone reading back then thought I was a prick too.
    Part of me wants to look ahead, in the hope of a gradual improvement and maturity. I know I approach the written internet differently as back then AJB was the only place I used full sentences, being largely used to text-speak on MSN, something I loathe seeing used now.
    But then there is a part of me that doesn't want to look ahead in case there is no change, in case I remain a person who I don't think I like, and if that is the case, am I still a bit of that prick now without realising it again? I don't think I am but then I didn't think I was being a prick back then. I hate thinking I've offended, annoyed, angered or wronged someone and yet looking back it seems I probably have done.
    It's all a bit weird to be honest. There aren't many occasions you get to see the results of the inner workings of your past-self, or at least what your past-self thought was the right way to present them to the world. I thought it might be intriguing but instead it has left me feeling a bit grim.
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    Found the 'view all posts' function on my profile and have spent far too long going over them tonight.

For the most part I found it quite depressing and have only looked at ones from my first few months at AJB. It has been a stark reminder that what you put on the internet is there forever. I come across as rude and arrogant and having noticed some posts in old topics before, I find my old-self dismissive of other people's opinions. I just look at my old posts and think "what a prick". The words I want to use are ignorant and childish. I was 11, nearly 12 and didn't think I was...well, like that. I don't want to think I was that person because if I was, it meant everyone reading back then thought I was a prick too.
    Part of me wants to look ahead, in the hope of a gradual improvement and maturity. I know I approach the written internet differently as back then AJB was the only place I used full sentences, being largely used to text-speak on MSN, something I loathe seeing used now.
    But then there is a part of me that doesn't want to look ahead in case there is no change, in case I remain a person who I don't think I like, and if that is the case, am I still a bit of that prick now without realising it again? I don't think I am but then I didn't think I was being a prick back then. I hate thinking I've offended, annoyed, angered or wronged someone and yet looking back it seems I probably have done.
    It's all a bit weird to be honest. There aren't many occasions you get to see the results of the inner workings of your past-self, or at least what your past-self thought was the right way to present them to the world. I thought it might be intriguing but instead it has left me feeling a bit grim.

hi, i often see myself and what i did in my 14 yr old daughter, and now im able to understand what my dad was trying to do when i was 14, .. but, i can see no real hrm in my daughters rebelious behavior, we all did it, so i can relate to your opinion of your younger self, .. growing up should always be done with the past in mind, thats how we develp into adults, snd shape our own childrens future,
    I really wouldn't worry about looking back.

The past is gone, you can't change it, but you can learn from it.

We all make mistakes, and life is one big learning curve. There's things I look back on with regret, but there's also things I look back on with pride.

I think the best advice with regards life is try not to repeat mistakes, think before acting, and try not to hurt anyone.

I don't think you have anything to worry about Felix.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm sure by now everyone has seen Skyfall so no need for a Spoiler tag. :))

In 2012 Bond has to watch the destruction of his Car and last saturday after hitting
    some black ice I too went off road for a while. Although the damage looked minimal
    and I drove on to shoot the wedding I was photographing. I've been advised by my
    insurance that sadly it's probably a right off. :# So I feel Bond's Pain .
    It was the first "New" Car I'd ever bought and I looked after it like a baby. Now the
    Hunt is on for a replacement, Sadly a DB5 is a little out of my price bracket. :))
    Still I got to feel the thrill of the car chase from QOS, everthing spinning around.
    ( Hope I looked as cool as Bond, But I think not :)) )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I feel your pain, Thunderpussy. I bought my first car in 1987 not "New" but about two years old. One morning just over a year later, I was on my way to work and had stopped waiting to turn right when my car was hit from behind, the man was too busy talking on his mobile. The impact pushed my car into the oncoming lane and was then hit by another car, it was a write off. Luckily I was not injured but it did affect my confidence a bit. It was years before I bought another car, though in the meantime I did drive company vehicles on a fairly regular basis.

As a passenger, I have been involved in two accidents where luckily nobody was injured. The first, my dear late Mother was driving a car and went too fast round a left hand turn and ended up crashing into someone's front garden brick wall. The second, a work colleague was driving the company van through the Dartford Tunnel when the car ahead suddenly stopped and we ended up being part of a four vehicle pile up.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Apparently, informing the pregnant wife that she has the same side profile as Alfred Hitchcock is not deemed 'funny'.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Happily I'm back on the road and my new Motor has Bluetooth ( Never had this before )
    I feel like Bond answering a call while driving, ( I soooooo 20th Century ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Happily I'm back on the road and my new Motor has Bluetooth ( Never had this before )
    I feel like Bond answering a call while driving, ( I soooooo 20th Century ) :))

So, what did you get? I have the same feature in my 2012 Ford Escape. I'm so tempted to answer the phone one day "Bond here" :)) :)) :)) :)) Sadly, no one will the joke. :#
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Sadly my budget didn't strech to a DB5. :))
    But I think if you squint and close One eye my Micra kinda
    looks like a Lotus :D
    Micra_2.jpg
    Well I'll keep telling myself that it does.

( And yes I know it's a Pensioners favourite, But as soon as I get the dangly dice and "Go Faster Stripes"
    all heads will turn ............................... and a few stomachs too )
    my car...
    010.jpg
    Sadly my budget didn't strech to a DB5. :))
    But I think if you squint and close One eye my Micra kinda
    looks like a Lotus :D
    Micra_2.jpg
    Well I'll keep telling myself that it does.

( And yes I know it's a Pensioners favourite, But as soon as I get the dangly dice and "Go Faster Stripes"
    all heads will turn ............................... and a few stomachs too )

Never seen or heard of a Micra. It's small and neat looking.
    It's a small city car for the European market. It will do me
    for a couple of years until I get something more in keeping
    with my standing in the community.
    Like a push bike. :))

Love the car don p -{
    ( Your bonnet is much longer than mine. ;) )
    don p wrote:
    my car...
    010.jpg

Dax?

Pilgrim?

GD?!

ORIGINAL??!!! :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    don p wrote:
    my car...
    010.jpg

Dax?

Pilgrim?

GD?!

a 1977 DAX. rover V8, jag running gear ..

my pride and joy.
    It's a small city car for the European market. It will do me
    for a couple of years until I get something more in keeping
    with my standing in the community.
    Like a push bike. :))

Love the car don p -{
    ( Your bonnet is much longer than mine. ;) )

thank you..
    don p wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    don p wrote:
    my car...
    010.jpg

Dax?

Pilgrim?

GD?!

my pride and joy.

Sweet stuff, I just wish kit cars would return to the original idea of affordable replica motors. My favourite car is the 1959 DBR1, but the only replica you can get costs as much as a real modern Aston V8 Vantage (second hand mind).

I know with the GD427 you can blow £45k easily :o

That's not to say its a rip off, but I think kit cars have morphed from affordable replicas to stand alone cottage industry car manufacturers.

The only others that interest me are the eagle E type copy and the Ariel atom, but again it's high price there at £30k for a bedstead on wheels. :o

Hope you have a good Xmas don and get home safely,

MG -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    don p wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Dax?

Pilgrim?

GD?!

my pride and joy.

Sweet stuff, I just wish kit cars would return to the original idea of affordable replica motors. My favourite car is the 1959 DBR1, but the only replica you can get costs as much as a real modern Aston V8 Vantage (second hand mind).

I know with the GD427 you can blow £45k easily :o

That's not to say its a rip off, but I think kit cars have morphed from affordable replicas to stand alone cottage industry car manufacturers.

The only others that interest me are the eagle E type copy and the Ariel atom, but again it's high price there at £30k for a bedstead on wheels. :o

Hope you have a good Xmas don and get home safely,

MG -{

fully agree, and the reason why i partly chose a cobra is because the real car is basicly a Kit,, originaly the AC Ace, sold to shelby he renamed it the cobra and stuck in a ford engine with wide wheels,,
    i do prefer a replica, to a 1 off design, i searched hard to find the car i wanted,, no stereo,, no bling,, just a retro interior and a good runner,

the car does turn heads, and sounds great,,

and thank you. ill be home end of jan,, woohoo..
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    work work work work work...
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    Pendragon wrote:
    work work work work work...

Welcome back!!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Yes...nice to see you back, Pen -{
    YNWA 97
    Mrs_Brown.jpg
    I'm 1/5 through writing an essay. I'm unusually relaxed about this at the moment.

I've been researching and planning for it since I got back to uni after Christmas and have spent some of this week trying to get a plan together. On Wednesday I was sat in the silent section of the library with various articles and notes spread out in front of me and after looking at it all, I found myself screaming inside my head "WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN? What does ANY of it mean? I've gathered a collection of information which means nothing! I don't know what to do with any of this!" This is now perfectly normal for me, but whereas most my previous essays have only been 1500 words, this one is 2500 and I'd allowed such a large number to overwhelm me a bit.
    After getting some ideas together I spent half an hour with student support. It's the second time I've seen the woman there. Once again she made me realise that what I was saying to her was too general, she asks questions, makes me calm down, think things through. I find that what I really need to do is say my ideas aloud. Hearing my own voice saying them I am able to pick out the point I'm trying to make.
    I relaxed by going out with the rugby team, then spent a day in recovery, planned some more, sought reassurance from my tutor and finally began.

I used to really like the last minute writing of an essay. I'd start work on it less than a week before it was due in and then start writing it the day before and stay up till 3am the night before to make sure it was word perfect.

This one isn't in until Wednesday. I have this evening, all of tomorrow, most of Monday, and if I've been really slow, Tuesday afternoon and evening. I feel so much less stressed, although am still looking forward to it being out the way.

Right, break over!
  • mac007mac007 WisconsinPosts: 92MI6 Agent
    Thunderpussy, Heard about that this morning on a talk show...I don't know about you guys, but I think that is very clever. :)
    Tied 1st: CR & SF, 3rd: DAD

"How did he die" "Your contact, not well" ~ DC in CR
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Ladies, you really need to think twice before booking a Valentine's pedicure for your fella...

Oscar-Pistorius-wins-400m-008.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Watching Charlie Brooker's Screen Wipe last night (a sort of satirical weekly review programme) I laughed for quite a while when they showed the shower scene from Skyfall and Charlie remarked "These scenes would take on a very different tone if you could see his erection"!!!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/-kristen-stewart-is-so-expressionless-she-might-as-well-be-a-brick-wall--112131600.html

"Kristen Stewart is so expressionless she might as well be a brick wall"

They are the film awards that Hollywood actors dread winning. But on Saturday night, 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part II' cleaned up at The Razzies, the spoof award show which names and shames the worst Hollywood films last year.