Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Thanks Pendragon,

You can make a living at it, there is a lot of competition But if you're Any way decent
    you will get some bookings. The only way I could ever afford the equipment I use is by doing weddings.
    They are a lot of stress. Although a lot of fun too.
    I started as a keen amateur and did a couple of close family and friends weddings to get a portfolio and took
    it from there. Then add in a few Graduations, family portraits, Babies etc.
    So go for it, I know I'm glad I packed in my Job and went fulltime. Never have to set an alarm clock
    and can wonder off to the mountains etc whenever I want.
    I know many who do it part time whilst holding down another Fulltime job.

I only whish I could get more Bikini Model Beach shots. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    I've done one friends wedding and some other random portraits/headshots/cosplay (glorified dress up) photos so I've got a bit of a portfolio...gonna try to get in with the grad photos next year. I do local events too...mostly on a volunteer basis, but that's cause I get the photos published. Free publicity!!!

And I'm cheap cause I'm not a pro haha. That's usually a selling point
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    well Cheap, Is a big selling point :))
    and Good luck. -{

312199_262923033756851_100001174686793_693864_870879815_n.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Haha thank you!!! Love that quote :P
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    Don't know if anyone in the uk likes old radio serials But at the moment on BBC4 Extra around 1:30am
    thay are running an old spy series fron the 1930s about an american spy "X9" last night he stopped the
    hijacking of a liner by a Boat with torpedo tubes which x9 foiled by dropping handgrenades from a sea plane.
    Silly escapist stuff but I'm amazed to think it was made in the 1930s, real Boys own stuff. :))
    edited July 2012
    Funny vid for all Jack Bauer Fans. :D

http://youtu.be/AuzPN_8GwYA

and Adele has a new one too.

http://youtu.be/sLYFhrl27hU
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Speaking of 24, if you liked the show you should watch the video below. It's the 1994 Unaired Pilot for 24. It's just over four minutes long. Funny stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLH_QyPTYM
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    That's a brilliant video MrMartini :)) :)) :))
    edited July 2012
    Spoof Skyfall Trailer, some spoilers.

http://youtu.be/zWj_h9C-8v8
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Ahem! While a spoof, still some spoilers as it has cliips from original, actual trailer!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Sorry, didn't think before posting. ;%
  • Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    I don't think you can criticise someone for giving spoilers when they just posted material that was in the trailer!

On a random note, I watched the recent Sherlock Holmes movie last night for the first time and I was struck by how similar the music is to that of the recent BBC series. Has anybody else noticed this? What do you think the reason for that might be?!
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    You can, cos some people are trying to avoid stars, locations, plus real fans can get the gist of it.

Anyway, another day, another Craig lookalike:

Glenn+Mulcaire

(Glenn Mulcaire, dodgy journo)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    You can, cos some people are trying to avoid stars, locations, plus real fans can get the gist of it.

Anyway, another day, another Craig lookalike:

Glenn+Mulcaire

(Glenn Mulcaire, dodgy journo)

What??? Craig look alike.... I'm not even going to comment...
    (but you should have gone to specsavers.... :)) )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-editors/exclusive-jack-reacher-trailer-premiere-160059031.html

Don't know if this has been posted, But here is a trailer for the Jack Reacher Movie.
    Cruise might have to be digitally increased to 6 foot 5 :))
    Hey folks! So I am graduating this Thursday and I have bought myself a bow tie in my university colours:

http://leeds-gear.co.uk/images/Leeds%20Bow%20Tie.jpg

And I'm just wondering if it will actually look any good with my graduation gown and hood, which will look something like this:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/graduation/assets/dress.jpg
    (not me, just the example photo from the uni website)

As you can see the hood tucks quite neatly underneath a straight tie, but it does have a button for fastening onto the shirt so this isn't essential, and of course girls don't have the option of tucking it under their tie!

What do you think!?
    :007) :007) :007) :007)
    It's alright. Not sure bow ties are really quite cool, unless it's tux style.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I can think of someone who thinks they're cool. ;)

mattsmith_doctorwho.jpg
    Got talking to a kid a couple of nights ago after watching TDKR, He seemed very impressed
    with the movie as was I. On leaving he put his hand up and it took me a second to realise he wanted to "High Five"
    so I did . Being a bit of an old duffer. I can honestly say I think this is the first time
    I've ever High fived anyone. :))
  • GordoLeiterGordoLeiter Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    Hello Muddah....Hello Faddah....here I am......at Camp Grenada...
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Hello Muddah....Hello Faddah....here I am......at Camp Grenada...

Cool... story..... bro....?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Hey folks! So I am graduating this Thursday and I have bought myself a bow tie in my university colours:

http://leeds-gear.co.uk/images/Leeds%20Bow%20Tie.jpg

And I'm just wondering if it will actually look any good with my graduation gown and hood, which will look something like this:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/graduation/assets/dress.jpg
    (not me, just the example photo from the uni website)

As you can see the hood tucks quite neatly underneath a straight tie, but it does have a button for fastening onto the shirt so this isn't essential, and of course girls don't have the option of tucking it under their tie!

What do you think!?
    :007) :007) :007) :007)

I can't give you any reliable fashion advice, but I can offer you my congratulations on your graduation! {[]
    Thaaaaanks Darenhat! I went with the bow tie in the end, I think it looked pretty natty...

532557_10152049968590425_1575565652_a_1.jpg

Did everybody enjoy the opening ceremony last night? Couldn't believe that was the ACTUAL Queen with Daniel Craig! But the highlight for me was Sir Simon Rattle sharing the stage with Mr Bean!!
    Would have been better if it was Sean Connery instead of Craig.
  • Agent_MAgent_M lost in the speed forcePosts: 353MI6 Agent
    Well not wanting to blow my own trumpet (Too much Anyway) I passed my exam and am now the first official affiliate of the Training For Warriors system in the uk. www.trainingforwarriors.com

scroll down the right hand side and there's a link to my site.
    so if anyone's in the London area and wants help with fitness and diet ect or wants to learn some Martial arts look me up
    Purvis,Wade...........GRRRRRRRR!

www.scottacademymartialarts.co.uk
    You can blow your own trumpet, but not two of them Agent_M!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    The hills are alive with the sound of sweet chin music.......
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Just noticed this, but ajb seems to substitute naughty words all by itself.

Nice idea, but the main problem is when the naughty word isn't so naughty, for instance;

The male equivalent of a hen would be a ****. A **** usually lives on a farm, when they peck at grain and seeds spread in the yard. Sometimes while foraging for food, the **** will inadvertently spread its seed around by scraping it with its feet.

Many people like animals, especially down the farm. Cows, sheep, goats and a **** all live together happily. A farmer near me has a big **** which he lets run round his yard. His wife feeds it, but she doesn't enjoy it when the farmers **** wakes her up early in the morning. She says it's always up early and if it wakes her up early again, she'll shoot the farmers **** with the 12 bore and then put it in the oven.

MG -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:
    Just noticed this, but ajb seems to substitute naughty words all by itself.

Nice idea, but the main problem is when the naughty word isn't so naughty, for instance;

The male equivalent of a hen would be a ****. A **** usually lives on a farm, when they peck at grain and seeds spread in the yard. Sometimes while foraging for food, the **** will inadvertently spread its seed around by scraping it with its feet.

Many people like animals, especially down the farm. Cows, sheep, goats and a **** all live together happily. A farmer near me has a big **** which he lets run round his yard. His wife feeds it, but she doesn't enjoy it when the farmers **** wakes her up early in the morning. She says it's always up early and if it wakes her up early again, she'll shoot the farmers **** with the 12 bore and then put it in the oven.

MG -{

Yep...most of that is down to me ;%

Most of the MODS will usually just star out the offending word, thus -> ****

Alas, I prefer to substitue the 'offending' word for another word.....guess I got this one wrong ;%

Better go and change it :#

:))
    YNWA 97