Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Dogs and Star Wars.

http://youtu.be/6ntDYjS0Y3w

Love it!!!
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I kind of love this Lana Del Rey singer (well, I at least like the idea of her going for the sixties star looks). That bad SNL performance led me to her other ones and her album, which are all rather great compared to her competitors. Her performance on David Letterman last night went well, too. What do you all think? I realize I've posted about her a few times now... Here she is a bit:

seizure warning at the end parthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQyPxbxnGM&list=FLhT6a87K0ooikwyRiQHEtQw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g#t=03m18s

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315930548449402&set=a.141850879190704.29230.117713628271096&type=3&theater
    She's interesting...though unfortunately, my first impression of her was that horrid SNL performance D:

Pendragon wrote:
    She's interesting...though unfortunately, my first impression of her was that horrid SNL performance D:

Yeah, mine too. I got over it once I saw the other live performances, and like all artists, she sounds very polished in her studio sound.

They defended her a bit in a funny way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UznLEQeFj8
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For any keen photographers out there here's the new Nikon D800, which I've already Pre-ordered.

http://www.btobey.com/nikon/d800-review.php
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    i read today on the BBC's site that a bunch of injin's (of the red american type) are trying to sue a host of breweries in the states for basically turning the whole population into a bunch of pissheads.

first, i can't believe that a case like this even gets a look at, but it is america after all, so good luck bunch of pisshead injins.

the other bit that swayed me somewhat was the facts and figures aunty states. apparently the local population is 'around a dozen'. ok, so lets say 14? right, so 14 people. then the beeb says that there's 4 beer shops in town, and they sold nearly 5m cans of beer in 2010 alone.

so 14 people, 5m cans of beer, 1 year...........

now factoring in people passing through, people travelling into town for beer etc (ie halving the amount) i still work out that each person in this town would have to drink 500 cans of beer A DAY.

honestly, who gave the beeb these figures? does anyone check things out before going to print these days? and why aren't these people in the guiness (rather apt) book of pissheads?

the mind simply boggles :s
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    "What made the Red man pissed?"

Imagineering-Disney_Peter-Pan-Indian.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1269727351549
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    "What made the Red man pissed?"

pete saying sieg heil? :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    For any keen photographers out there here's the new Nikon D800, which I've already Pre-ordered.

http://www.btobey.com/nikon/d800-review.php
    What's with the 2nd photo in the Hands On section? Scratched monitor, or just dusty?
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    The cover of the screen looks scratched But thats probably from some
    rough handling, Demo cameras take a lot of abuse. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The cover of the screen looks scratched But thats probably from some
    rough handling, Demo cameras take a lot of abuse. :))

I'm one to buy SLRs in the mid to low end range, as I am not a pro or at pro level, so I am pretty certain I will be getting a Sony NEX series camera next. I like the look. Very modern and the results I have seen are fantastic.

They have stellar reviews too. They are, so far, the highest rated cameras in the mirrorless division. Sensor got ranked high for the NEX-7 and NEX-5 in the DxO Mark tests : http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Ratings

It doesn't hurt that it was the type of camera in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. ;%
    I've got a Nikon D-40, and I love it to bits <3

The morrorless series of cameras like Sony's Nex are Brilliant Instead of buying a Compact,I'll be getting one
    The 5n with twin Lens, Wont be anytime soon though I'm trying to get the Credit Card Bill down a bit. :))
    Pendragon I know many Nikon shooters who still have their D40, simply can't Be parted from it. :D
    And the old saying still holds true "It's the photographer not the Camera " But we all love our Gadgets
    The morrorless series of cameras like Sony's Nex are Brilliant Instead of buying a Compact,I'll be getting one
    The 5n with twin Lens, Wont be anytime soon though I'm trying to get the Credit Card Bill down a bit. :))
    Pendragon I know many Nikon shooters who still have their D40, simply can't Be parted from it. :D
    And the old saying still holds true "It's the photographer not the Camera " But we all love our Gadgets

On forums I hear the NEX-5N/7 is an upgrade for compacts and on par with low to mid range SLRs, depending on model, photographer, and using lenses from official line-up versus existing SLR lenses (NEX has those nice adaptors to accept many of the major lens brands). The lenses are a bit big, but it is a great size if you are used to a full DSLR most of the time and it still has all the customization features in the camera itself, just takes some customization to make EV, ISO, etc. quick to access. Anyways, several people who have recent NEX-5N or NEX-7 models have expressed that it has been a wholly satisfying replacement for their mid-range SLRs on some shoots and for the smaller size mentality of the class while still using full DSLR sensors.

Not a pro replacement, but certainly great for someone like me who is interested in replacing my current DSLR with one sometime. One tech site said they were considering buying the NEX-C3 for each staff member because they loved it so much during the reviews and thought it worked great for their tech event photos.

I do think they seem brilliant in concept and performance. The NEX series and their use of the full Alpha sensors has gotten praise and results!
    Note to self, the next time the mrs sprays deep heat on my neck, remember to have my eyes closed.

I'm resembling a cross between john merrick and paul gasgoine.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Note to self, the next time the mrs sprays deep heat on my neck, remember to have my eyes closed.

I'm resembling a cross between john merrick and paul gasgoine.
    :)) :)) :))
    Stuff people say to photographers.
    http://youtu.be/niyTIbiV19A :))
    truth...oh goodness truth...nothing irritates me more than people who only take pics on their iphones with the instagram or whatever it's called app call themselves photographers...

Stuff people say to photographers.
    http://youtu.be/niyTIbiV19A :))

:))
    ...job hunting SUCKS... X-(

I took John Merrick to a cocaine sex party once.

At the end of the evening, he was shouting: "I am not a human being, I am an ANIMAL!"

:D

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Pendragon wrote:
    Best of luck!
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Pendragon wrote:
    Best of luck!

thank you!. been at it for like, seven months now lol...
    I took John Merrick to a cocaine sex party once.

At the end of the evening, he was shouting: "I am not a human being, I am an ANIMAL!"

:D

oooh Nap :x

Oh, that's where my Elephant Man joke went. I thought it was in another thread.

Roger Moore 1927-2017

sudden urge to watch that movie again...

also...despite the general grumbling from me earlier, I managed to get an interview on thursday :D I really hope I get this...

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Pendragon wrote:

sudden urge to watch that movie again...

also...despite the general grumbling from me earlier, I managed to get an interview on thursday :D I really hope I get this...

Good luck to you!!!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

Uhh... Someone planning to photograph the Earth from orbit with those megapixels? Wonder if it is an icky 41 since it is a phone camera sensor...

Looks good in the video.
    Couple of funny cartoons,

427594_224755814287147_100002581914898_438767_940553081_n.jpg

421444_3138669219406_1045156305_3055659_171460208_n.jpg
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Did you guys see the movie Wanderlust? Is it any good? I've read critics that say it's good, ok, or bad.

This is my first post in this thread, so I just thought I'd post some really random stuff.

My old university gym
    HH01_005_0.jpg

The motto at this university
    its_not_enough_that_i_should_succeed_others_should_fail_kevin_chang.jpg
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?