Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    My 6 year old has just joined after school drama club - he was asked to bring in a prop - he brought of course, a lightsaber.

He then had to do a speech - using his 'prop' - he decided, controversially to be Darth Vader.

Of course he had to watch Star Wars episode V - for inspiration obviously - he then took his Darth Vader costume in (“just to add a bit more to the character” - his words :)) ) and apparently was very convincing...... :D

Gotta start them young.... :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,302MI6 Agent
    Well, up to a point...

cheltenham-ladies-college.jpg

(Sorry Lexi, was gonna post this anyway, then saw your last post... :# :D )
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    just passed 3000 posts...finally...considering how long I've been here :P
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Congrats Pen!!!

Not to change the subject, but I wonder where our Fearless leader SiCo is. Haven't seen him around here in a long time. Can anybody reach him? Maybe whisper in his ear to check in and say Hi so we know he's O.K.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    last I saw SiCo was on Facebook...all seemed well, but that was a couple months ago...

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,641Chief of Staff
    Pendragon wrote:
    last I saw SiCo was on Facebook...all seemed well, but that was a couple months ago...

And that's still the best place to try and get hold of him....he's very much the absent landlord these days.
    YNWA 97
    Lexi wrote:
    My 6 year old has just joined after school drama club - he was asked to bring in a prop - he brought of course, a lightsaber.

He then had to do a speech - using his 'prop' - he decided, controversially to be Darth Vader.

Of course he had to watch Star Wars episode V - for inspiration obviously - he then took his Darth Vader costume in (“just to add a bit more to the character” - his words :)) ) and apparently was very convincing...... :D

Talking of which

http://www.popbitch.com/home/2011/03/17/withnail-and-i-vs-star-wars-utterly-brilliant/

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Agent_MAgent_M lost in the speed forcePosts: 353MI6 Agent
    hey guys how's it going? i've been away for a while as my entire earth station was suddenly made redundant. It was literally a case of the management saying on Monday "we need to make a few cuts but you guys are fine" then by Friday they said "actually we're decommissioning the whole site and making all of you redundant in two months" add to this the fact that my wife is due to give birth to our first child in may it's been a bit hectic to say the least. but I have managed to find a new job so that's taken some of the pressure off.

So have I missed anything?
    Purvis,Wade...........GRRRRRRRR!

www.scottacademymartialarts.co.uk
    oh yikes, A_M...glad things worked out in the end! and pre-congrats on the imminent birth of your child!!! and welcome back!

can't really say if you've missed much :P I've rarely ventured off OT in a couple weeks...

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Anyone catch " Snach Wars " on youtube, very funny But with strong lanuage. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Rumors are growing about a "Professionals " movie. Loved the Old series so I'll be looking forward to it, Hope they do a good Job, and don't go for a comedy remake like "Starsky & Hutch "
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I hate when re-makes are terrible. kinda ruins the memory of the awesome original :#

• Jedi MasterJedi Master UKPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    Hey peeps, come on lets not let the topic die, it's been too long! Lots to chat about anyway:

Anybody watch Dr Who? New episode on Saturday was good but confusing!

And how about that Alternative Voting system in Britain atm, d'you guys know about that?

In other news I am going to fail my degree because I am not doing any work!!!!

JediM
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and everyone dies.
    I did not see Doctor Who, but will get an earful about it from a friend today at lunch :P

nope :P

BAD! get your nose to the grindstone! I gotta work extra hard in one of my classes, but that's it...I'm graduating in two weeks :P

Heatwave weather in London.

It's hard to nude sunbathe when you're a bloke. You have to get semi aroused if you want an even tan, rather than white rings along it.

Then you have to turn it over if you want to be evenly done.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    how about sunbathing in a fenced backyard? if you don't have one of your own, borrow a trusted friend's :P then there's no awkward questions.

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

It's hard to nude sunbathe when you're a bloke. You have to get semi aroused if you want an even tan, rather than white rings along it.

Then you have to turn it over if you want to be evenly done.

But think of the advantages. Everyone who walks by can use you as a sundial. ;) :)) :v
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,641Chief of Staff

You are lucky !! It's raining here in Manchester !! And they have the nerve to charge us for water :s :))
    YNWA 97
    And when the sun don't come you get a tan from standing in the English rain.

Surely Napoleon you have to roll over in order to tan your back, so would that not suffice for providing an even tan on you ... hem hem wedding tackle?
    Hmmm, trying to think where it goes when I lie on my front... ?:)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    dig a hole :P

"I Looked at myself Nude the other night and wondered if I should diet. Then thought NO, I'll leave it the colour it is " Bob Monkhouse. :))
    Ahh...summer. Time to relax. And find a job :P

• TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Pen, I thought you were starting an anthropology grad program? Is this a summer/temp job you're looking for?

I just graduated last week and am taking this week off. I never thought I'd say this, but my biggest regret is not having more fun while I was in uni; now that all of my friends have scattered across the country/globe, I miss hanging out in person and not working all the time. That, and in retrospect I should've checked out where I was going to live before moving next to a frat house and a place where awards ceremonies, raves, and circuses take place.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    I am, but not for a year or so. I'm taking some time off haha. Gonna take an astronomy class at the community college here for ten weeks just for fun though. Can't be COMPLEATLY out of school and into the real world just yet haha. Nope, I'm done with full time school for awhile.

Congrats on your graduation, Tracy!! I know what you mean though. I really only stared going to bars once a week in the last month and a half of uni...and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. Enjoy your week off. You've earned it!!

I'm just coming to the end of my second year of uni, it's really weird how fast it's going! It's all about the extra stuff you do at uni, the best thing I've done while I've been here (and in my whole life actually) was in February this year I conducted an opera with the opera society, amazing!!!

The idea of going into the real world, getting a job and all that, really scares me! What do people do in the real world?! A friend of mine (someone I considered to be the same age as me, although he's a little older but you know what I mean) just bought a house... This makes me feel very old!
    one of my friends just got married...I know about the feeling old.

well, the real world so far consists of me doing chores around my folks' house and going out searching for "HIRING" signs :P

One of your friends got married? When my brother and his girlfriend get engaged (and they've been together for some years and are currently living together so I'm guessing it's not gonna be long...) I will be the youngest member of my entire extended family (and I have a large family) not to be engaged or married.

Eap! :o
    "Bloody kids!"

lesliedwyer.JPG

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    One of your friends got married? When my brother and his girlfriend get engaged (and they've been together for some years and are currently living together so I'm guessing it's not gonna be long...) I will be the youngest member of my entire extended family (and I have a large family) not to be engaged or married.

Eap! :o

of my immediate family (if we counted second cousins, I'm not the youngest), this is mostly true of me too....excepting my cousin in the Navy 'cause she's like uber mega busy in Iraq right now (but I think she has a BF)

*sigh*