Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,926MI6 Agent
    Good Show -{

On other News, the UK now has yet one more Claim to Faim. A Teacher getting killed in a Classroom.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 22,156MI6 Agent
    Just a pretty picture:

Amy-Manta-I.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Pitty the diver didn't pose upside down, as looking at it
    that way makes it even more ethereal :))
    ( still a beautiful picture though -{ )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited April 2014
    On a unrelated note; it's snowing outside right now. You might think this is completely normal in Norway on the last day of april, but it's not. It has been snowing less than five days this winter. This is really scary and should wake up anyone who still doesn't belive in climate change. The fact that more than 95 % of climate scientists are convinced that climate change is at least partly linked to CO2 should also be a hint.
    You'd have to be a complete nutcase to argue against climate change !
    But I don't believe in it. :)) :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Hey Number24, me and my GF are thinking of traveling across Norway (Her Native Country) and I'm wondering what is the best Time of Year to go?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Whenever Number24 isn't there ! :p :)) {[]
    Chemistry joke :
    Chemistry is as easy as .......... 1,2,3-Trichloropropane. :#
    ( school humour, these days )
    Hey Number24, me and my GF are thinking of traveling across Norway (Her Native Country) and I'm wondering what is the best Time of Year to go?

I's say late April/May is perhaps be the best time. The wheather is usually good. On the west coast we often get rain during the summer and you avoid standing in long que for some of the more touristy places. The snow is still on the mountain peaks and some places you can still get some skiing done if you want to. Our national day is on the 17th of May and it is celebrated by almost the entire population. In many European countries the national day is just tanks and troops parading past the president/monarch, but in Norway we have parades with lots of children and other people, often in colourful national costumes. That's Norway; patriotic, but in a non-agressive way :D
    :))
    That's just because Norway hasn't any troops or tanks. :p
    and once all the defence cuts happen, the UK won't have any
    Either. ;)
    edited May 2014
    Not true: Norway has a tank, but it's in Afghanistan right now!

To be serious: it was just revelead that some troops are only given 120-140 rounds to fire during their year of military service. I'm sure I fired about that many rounds on a single day when I served in 1991-92. We have F-16 jet fighters, but they are old and some days only about 15 are operational. We have bought 56 F-35 JSF's, but none are delivered yet and they are so expensive they will require most of our military budgets in the future. We have few new frigattes, but they are so expensive and qualified personale are so hard to come by, only one or two is operational. Sigh ...
    I'm only pulling your leg Number 24 {[] , Only making
    a joke about our military spending. When the aircraft carrier
    Is ready there will be no planes for it. {[] ah! Efficient government. :)) :))
    It will be stuck in Customs :))
    I think the idea is to hire some fighters from the french. :))
    I'm only pulling your leg Number 24 {[] , Only making
    a joke about our military spending. When the aircraft carrier
    Is ready there will be no planes for it. {[] ah! Efficient government. :)) :))

I understood ;-) Isn't it reasuring that the Norwegian military is considered to be on of the more well funded armed forces in western Europe? :-!
    More Talk of The Saint getting remade ! :D
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/prey-writer-working-on-saint-reboot-11363897786437
    TV hit of yesteryear The Saint is to be revived by the writer of ITV thriller Prey.

The series was a big audience draw in the 1960s with Sir Roger Moore starring as the fictional detective Simon Templar, created by author Leslie Charteris.

Now scriptwriter Chris Lunt, who is drawing acclaim for his TV debut Prey, starring John Simm, has said he is working on a "reboot" of the programme.

The Saint - which gets its name from the ST initials of the central character - has been revived before with Ian Ogilvy taking the role in a 1970s series, The Return Of The Saint, at a time when Sir Roger had moved on to playing James Bond.

Val Kilmer played the lead in a big budget movie version in 1997 although it was not a huge success.

Lunt said he is working on the new version with Ed Whitmore, whose credits include Silent Witness and movie Hallam Foe, and they were talking to broadcasters.

He said: "I'm doing a reboot of The Saint, just script commissions at the moment, they're not guaranteed to happen but yeah, that's pretty exciting.

"I was told by the producer to announce it any chance I got," he said on Richard Bacon's Radio 5 Live show.

He said he was going to Hollywood to work on it, but the producer wanted a "very British feel" to the production.

"It would be shot half in the UK and Europe and half globally. It's being produced by this American production company but they are looking for a British broadcaster to become attached so we're pitching it at the moment."

A lead actor has not been attached to the show.

Lunt said: "I think we need to find a Roger Moore-type character. Maybe someone that we break, but he's got to look big and he's got to look threatening and he's got to look like he could kill you with a tea towel, I think."

A pilot episode for a new Saint was made in the US last year but Lunt said it was considered to be "too Americanised" and he said he and Whitmore were "starting again from scratch" with the new version.
    I have just finished Åsne Seierstad's book "One of us". Seierstad is a very well known Norwegian author and journalist (her 2002 book "The bookseller of Kabul" was an international bestseller - also recomended) and this is her book about Anders Breivik and the terrorist attacks he is responsible for. This is a very dark subject, but this is probably the best book if you feel like learning more. His uppbringing, the lives of some of his victims and their families, the police, the trial and the horrible attacks themselves are covered very well.
    Just noticed that there is a severe lack of any Female Members here on AJB :(
    Can you blame them with all the ". sexist, misogynist dinosaurs " :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,619MI6 Agent
    The last decent female (Stephanie Broadchest) left after Asp9mm s helpless flirting attempts.
    Story of his life :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Typical 8-) :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    The last decent female (Stephanie Broadchest) left after Asp9mm s helpless flirting attempts.
    Story of his life :D

What about Lexi, Sir? Are you saying Lexi isn't decent? Or perhaps Lexi isn't female? ?:)
    I ask myself how to attract more females - on the forum and in life. Should we use a picture of Craig in swimming trunks as a screensaver? Discuss clothes and fashion more? Should one not ogle beautiful blondes less? I ask myself if these are good ideas - on this forum and in life. :))
    Let's brainstorm, because this is a big problem - on the forum and in life.
    Since she's not solo, lexi is not here often anymore.
    Or maybe after she met ASP9 mm in person last July, she ran away??

But yes, she's better than decent ;%

Number24 wrote:
    I ask myself how to attract more females - on the forum and in life.

Rule #1: Stay away from Asp9mm!

I think we should debate seriously debate what to do to attract more female members. Other than isolating Asp9mm, obviously.
    Well, isolating him from any female contact is the best advise that I have to offer :D

Isolate him from the rest of Humanity? :))
    ...and :

banhim.gif