Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Nice avatar AOS, is that from Licence Renewed ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Nice avatar AOS, is that from Licence Renewed ?

It is indeed :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Anyone watching Grantchester ? A Vicar who's also a sleuth ! :D
    Although it's set in the 50s it's a very contemporary portrayal of
    a Vicar. He's got some post traumatic stress injuries and likes a
    Drink, so he's not Fr Brown. :))
    So far only two episodes, but I found both very entertaining -{
    In fact I think it's a shame it's only an hour long, I wish it was like
    Lewis, or Midsomer Murders running for two hours. Although you
    Never know, if successful it might be recommissioned as a two
    Hour show. {[]
    ITV, Mondays at 21:00.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Have been watching this programme about JFK death . Turns out he was shot in the face by one of his own secret service body gaurds ,hence why the back of his head was missing . Apparently one of the S.S minders stood up in the leading limo to return fire, the limo braked ,he stumbled ,his AR15 went off , JFK dies .A dreadful accident ???
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Yes, I watched that before. Makes a lot of sense. Having a coverup
    To hide the fact the American Commander and chief was killed by
    Mistake by his own bodyguard !
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited October 2014
    Sadly stranger things have happened...some think that the Mafia were behind it too.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    From this year the national service is mandatory for both sexes, in other words: both boys and girls can be called to serve in the military. We still have a tiny military, though.

Bilde%20av%20en%20j____%20(4%20of%204).jpg
    We don't really have a Military anymore -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    That girl handles her weapon well ! ;)

As For our army ? I'm a believer in scrapping Trident, then spending
    The money on traditional weapons and soldiers. But I'm kind of old
    Fashioned. :))
    Now our army is about 8000 soldiers "strong", the navy and air force have about 6000 combined.
    The national guard has about 45 000 soldiers. To think we had a miltary of several hundred thousnad once, including reserves!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    From this year the national service is mandatory for both sexes, in other words: both boys and girls can be called to serve in the military. We still have a tiny military, though.

Question,
    how old ,how long,any exceptions,ect ect
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just have been watching a Toyota ad on german TV

Their punchline is "Go Fun Yourself" and I just thought WTF??

Is that slogan used in other countries as well or is it just here hoping that germans don't know the quite similar phrase?

aygo_whos_driving_website-1024x576.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Yes it's on over here too " Go Fun Yourself"
    I think it's directed at young people, so
    Shouldn't worry you ! :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I assume that the target group are younger ladies and I have strong doubts that they will buy a car with a "Go Fu__ Yourself" image 8-) or find that cute
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    As long as Jeremy Clarkson's not driving 8-)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Here in the U.S. I haven't seen the Go Fun Yourself ads for Toyota. Perhaps when baseball season is over they'll run those ads here. Currently Toyota uses Buster Posey and Lou Seal from the San Francisco Giants in their ads.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Number24 wrote:

Question,
    how old ,how long,any exceptions,ect ect

You serve when you are roughly 18 years old and you serve for one year. Later you can be recalled to the military for excercises. The quality of the training the first year and the frequency of the later excercises wary a lot depending on what unit you are in.
    Back in the cold war nearly all the boys served. If you are in your fourthies or older people wonder why if you didn't serve. Only
    conscientious objectors or people with medical reasons didn't serve, and if you were a pacifist you could be sent to prison for a while.
    Now only a few are needed in the military, so only the fittest and most motivated have to serve. In addition to equal rights reasons (they work both ways), girls are now part of the national service to give the military a large pool of candidates to chose the best candidates.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Sadly stranger things have happened...some thing that the Mafia were behind it too.

Bruce Lee :

-Golden Harvest (supposedly financed by triads)

-Rome (where Way of Dragon was filmed , another mobster hotbed)

-Bryanston (distributed Way in the US , also TX Chainsaw actors had to fight for yrs to get their royalties from the mobsters who owned Bryanston)

-Lo Wei , director (claims Lee threatened him with a knife from his belt buckle , police came to GH studios but found no knife.......Lee was dead 10 days later. Wei is confirmed to have had triad connection)

-Raymond Chow (did Chow tell triads that Lee was leaving H.K for good and could not be reasoned with......Bruce was def a stubborn person , also there was no way GH could afford to pay Lee a whopping 2 mill US per movie , this was the fee he was asking after Enter Dragon had wrapped)
    http://turningpromag.com/incredible-photos-from-the-army-photographic-competition/

Winners of the Army Photographic competition have been announced with exceptional images of Army personnel at work and play. The awards were split between pro and amateur, with categories of portfolio, sport, portrait and soldiering, some amazing shots ! {[]
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    What up everyone. Trying to stay distracted so I don't have to study for my microeconomics class haha.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
    Hey ! No slacking, hit those books ! ;) :))
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Do I have to? :( I probably should as I have the second test of semester on Friday. Gah I hate university.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    It beats working though! :)) :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Flat Hunting Saturday, this will be fun :# :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Flat Hunting Saturday, this will be fun :# :))

Sounds great - but how do you kill and cook it ?:)

:p
    YNWA 97
    Wish I knew :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited October 2014
    Wish I knew :))

You simply pay some game rent. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :))