Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Forgot to ask Lady Rose. What did you think of
    Taken 3 ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    If you've seen Taken and Taken 2 you've seen Taken 3 :))

More of the same but if you like that kind of thing , watchable.

It does suffer that it only has a 12 rating. It's a bit game in comparison.

Think I have a girl crush on Famke Janssen ....still stunning
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    There has been a rise in traditional sweet shops of late. Trying to think of some from my youth. Does anyone else remember these?

Swizzles, curly whirly, Old Jamaica, Love Hearts, Flying Saucers, Sherbet Dip, Astec, Opal Fruits, Texas Bar, Toffee Crisp, Picnic, Double Decker, Lion Bar, Refreshers, Jelly Tots, Caramac.

Not Forgetting Marathon!

A trip down memory lane for those of us of a certain age. I had completely forgot about Cadbury's Bar Six and Toffo, I used to love them back in the day.

1970s Chocolate Bars
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9I0a6f0N4

70's and 80's sweets
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsN0y9L9w4
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    I loved Taken, Taken 2 was rubbish so I
    guess I'd think Taken 3 was was bad too. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Moore Than wrote:
    A trip down memory lane for those of us of a certain age. I had completely forgot about Cadbury's Bar Six and Toffo, I used to love them back in the day.

I loved both of those ... And the assorted Toffo's were yummy.

Obviously I'm not of a certain age ... Someone told me about them :v
    Just to make out that I'm from the times of Dickens !
    I can just remember the excitement of getting my ....
    ... First long pair of trousers. :)) a big day in a young
    Boy's life. ;)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I loved Taken, Taken 2 was rubbish so I
    guess I'd think Taken 3 was was bad too. :#

Taken 3 broke the Mold a bit :))

And Cheers Higgins {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    stag wrote:
    Old Jamaica! Now there's something I haven't thought of in years. I can almost taste it. And yes...Spangles. Nothing comes close to them.

I think you can still buy Old Jamaica. Yes Spangles! There was also this other confection I can't remember it's name but it sort of looked like loose tobacco. It was made from coconut I think, coated in sugar, brown in colour. You bought it by the quarter in white paper bags. Does anyone remember?

I drink Old Jamaica Ginger Beer, but was not aware that it was also a Confectionery.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    There was also this other confection I can't remember it's name but it sort of looked like loose tobacco. It was made from coconut I think, coated in sugar, brown in colour. You bought it by the quarter in white paper bags. Does anyone remember?

Oh yes, I remember: http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/sweet-tobacco-p-409.html
    I feel young :# :))
    £5, for some chocolate, those guys must be Pirates. ;)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Old Jamaica! Now there's something I haven't thought of in years. I can almost taste it. And yes...Spangles. Nothing comes close to them.

I think you can still buy Old Jamaica. Yes Spangles! There was also this other confection I can't remember it's name but it sort of looked like loose tobacco. It was made from coconut I think, coated in sugar, brown in colour. You bought it by the quarter in white paper bags. Does anyone remember?

I drink Old Jamaica Ginger Beer, but was not aware that it was also a Confectionery.

Old Jamaica is the best ginger beer. Great with rum, for a dark and stormy! -{

Don't remember the tabacco you're speaking of, but I do remember the cigarettes...the white sticks with a red end, you can still get them, but they're not marketed as cigarettes anymore!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I remember the tobacco, :)) if being made today
    You'd have a sugar filled syringe with a bag of
    Sherbet, with rub on tattoos of needle marks. ;)
    Lexi wrote:

Don't remember the tabacco you're speaking of, but I do remember the cigarettes...the white sticks with a red end, you can still get them, but they're not marketed as cigarettes anymore!

I used to love sweet cigarettes .... In the winter I used to blow out cold air pretending they were real ... Can see why they changed the name to Candy Sticks :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

Don't listen to these old miseries ... My husband loves being married to me :v

I like how convinced you are about that ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) I love being married to my wife too, or so she tells me ! :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    So it was actually called 'sweet tobacco'!

i remember that stuff , i think it was braned Spanish gold ,it was like strands of brown coconut stuff i think ,
    and i used to love those AZTEC bars ,you mentioned Stag, a good night in as a boy would be ginger beer and a licorice pipe ,oh the joys of a simple pleasure ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    This is so facinating to me since I don't drink or smoke. Can you discuss sweets too since I'm also a diabetic :))
    Im 11 years this month with my mrs but still not married! The pressure is building up with hints, the kids asking and our mutual friends seem to be marrying left, right and center which doesnt help!!!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Have you seen any shotguns around the house or at her parents yet? I've heard it's a sign things are coming to a head :v
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I have a vision of Welshboy parachuting into his wedding in top hat and tails :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I have a vision of Welshboy parachuting into his wedding in top hat and tails :D

Great idea, though I'm scared of heights :D
    Me and TP can push you out the Plane, so you wont have Time to be scared
    Don't stand on the top hat then. ;)
    Given his location, I see a decorated Land Rover, camouflage gear with
    A flower in the lapel, and a few penguins dress as ring bearers. :D
    Don't stand on the top hat then. ;)
    Given his location, I see a decorated Land Rover, camouflage gear with
    A flower in the lapel, and a few penguins dress as ring bearers. :D

I think I would prefer to sod off somewhere warmer for the occasion!!
    :)) :)) :))
    A winter in Scotland ? ;)
    Could wear my Canada Goose! :)
    Just noticed the First:utility adverts are very Bond in nature. ;)
    Hero, parachuting into a super villains meeting room.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im 11 years this month with my mrs but still not married! The pressure is building up with hints, the kids asking and our mutual friends seem to be marrying left, right and center which doesnt help!!!

Managed 11 years as a couple unmarried, 10 of those years with kid(s) before my wife and I married.

Kids loved the idea of attending their mum and dad's wedding, which none of their mates had/have done. :)

-{