Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Had an idea for a story ( would anyone have heard of this )
    As you can have a ride along with the police, what if a criminal
    Group allowed ride alongs, for killings and beatings, for rich
    Thrill seekers to watch what happens, almost like a prize fight ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    (Gruff dramatic American accent)

"When bi-polar goes baaaad"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-30876360
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :)) That's amazing and Sad ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Just to make out that I'm from the times of Dickens !
    I can just remember the excitement of getting my ....
    ... First long pair of trousers. :)) a big day in a young
    Boy's life. ;)

I vividly remember my first long trousers too...and I also remember a year or two later when I was permitted to wear black long trousers instead of just the grey ones! Was their no limit to my joy?

...and you tell young people that today.... :D
    :)) :)) :)) They don't know they're born :D
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    You might want to put a Copyright Claim on that Story Idea, before someone else takes it :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Having to type on my Phone :# The Laptop is in for Repairs.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I hate typing on the phone, always loads of letters in the wrong place. :))
    Yes :))
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    I'm in L.A now , wish I had a car......lots of bussing to see TV & movie locations :s
    I didn't know there were buses in LA! :)

I'd heard it's the most car-oriented city on earth.

Hope you have a great time.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    IM just watching the great Kenneth Moore in the Douglas Bader film, Reach for the sky .Anyway in the opening episode ,Bader,as we all know ,crashes his plane . (sorry to ramble ,but there is a point :D ) Bader has lost his leg in the crash ,and the cameras take great point in filming his legless shoes, Now (heres the point) as a (ex) police man ,I have been to several RTAs (road traffic accidents) both professionally and as a off duty officer .One thing that has always struck me ,is the shoes .Shoes always seem to get flung/prized off ,and I would often think to myself ,how the hell did they come off .
    I don't know if any of my fellow law enforcement officers (Lexi Stag,) have noticed this,
    or similar any of you non LEO s have seen this phenomena ??????
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Oh by the way ,tell Thunderpussy there is a great selection of cravats being worn in this film :D
    No Green Trainers?
    Yes, The cravat is slowly coming back, :D my trend has been well and
    Truly set ! ;) by the way AS, did they cut out the bits with his dog ? As it's name
    Is unacceptable these days, or did the sound just drop off ? Or am I mixing it. Up
    With one of the other old RAF films. :))
    Yes, The cravat is slowly coming back, :D my trend has been well and
    Truly set ! ;) by the way AS, did they cut out the bits with his dog ? As it's name
    Is unacceptable these days, or did the sound just drop off ? Or am I mixing it. Up
    With one of the other old RAF films. :))

Yes im afraid you are me old mate ,the dog in err herm question a black labby , was owned by wing co Guy Gibson ,in the film
    The Dam Busters ,and yes lots of cravats in that too :D perhaps its an RAF thing.
    :)) The dam busters, -{ yes, I'm getting confused ( no change there) ;)
    Watched the league of gentlemen last week, with wonderful Jack Hawkins
    Sporting jaunty Ascot! -{
    Heard this morning on the wireless that the new hobbit adaptation of the Dambusters will be mainly filmed in New Zealand.

Now call me picky, but I can't recall the bit where they flew over Mount Doom on the original mission....
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Heard this morning on the wireless that the new hobbit adaptation of the Dambusters will be mainly filmed in New Zealand.

Now call me picky, but I can't recall the bit where they flew over Mount Doom on the original mission....

Is the on-again/off-again/on-again production actually on-again? If this happens, it should be very good indeed as Peter Jackson is genuinely interested in the subject matter and committed to historical and technical accuracy. He is apparently going to film the last two air-worthy Lancs and he's having a whole bunch of life-size replicas made for the airfield scenes. Last I heard, Stephen Fry was writing the screenplay which is interesting!
    Oh by the way ,tell Thunderpussy there is a great selection of cravats being worn in this film :D

I was given an RAF ascot when I was in my teens. Never worn it (apologies TP!) but perhaps the day for a public appearance is approaching!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    :)) wonderful thing to happen, I going to reenact the questioning
    Scene from Basic Instinct, to see who turns up! :))
    Now this is completely random but I want to put it out there ....

Just watching The Artist .... Jean Dujardin is gorgeous and would be fabulous in a Bond film as either villain or Bond associate.

And Colin Firth is on Joanthan Ross .... Just need Tim Dalton to pop up somewhere and my evening will be complete.
    It is truly amazing the cruelty one group of the human race can do to another.
    When they believe them to be inferior. :# murrder on an industrial scale has
    Happened several times.
    I've taped it. Will catch up with it through the week.
    Happened several times.

"My god's better than yours"
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Happened several times.

I've just posted this in the war films thread ... But you should watch 'Conspiracy' with Kenneth Branagh ... It's about how it came about.
    edited January 2015
    Yes, I remember that from a few years ago, Like many small boys I always had an interest in WW2, so
    watched many programmes, read many books about it. The planning of the Extermination of the Jewish
    race was just like some large company deciding to get rid of a discontinued product.
    Sadly it continues all over the world, and afterwards the very same excuses are used. " We didn't know"
    " a small group of rogue elements " etc. :#
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Happened several times.

"My god's better than yours"

I have to point out to you that the holocaust was not about "my religion is better than yours", but "my race is better than yours."

If you look at the worst genocides you will find the worst are not mainly religious, but caused by racism, communism and nationalism. On this list you'll find few where religious conflict was the main factor;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genocides_by_death_toll

One can argue successfully that some genocides such as the Belgian genocide in Congo had religious undertones, but your comment still rings hollow to me.
    Antisemitism (also spelled Anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as a national, ethnic, religious or racial group.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org