Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Love a bit of 'Pop Master' ....
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Currently writing a review on Wordpress on Dr No. I will be reviewing all 23 films. Might start a topic and post them, but it's a work in progress.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    That's not only bad for VW, I'd bet that many car manufacturers are doing a similar thing with petrol engines.
    It's common practice with all manufacturers since the late 90s that when a testing mode is detected, the engine power gets reduced and thus the emmission get less.

Newspapers reported yesterday, what VW really did:

To save around EUR 70-100/car , they've installed a very small NOX filter.
    Because it was so small, it would have used a lot of diesel to regularly clean that filter and take away some engine power.

Because of that, their engine software simply turned the filter active only when a testing mode was detected - all the other time the filter has been inactive.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I think many car makers will be also caught out. ;)
    Luckily Britain no longer has a car industry, some great
    Forward thinking from our politicians. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    IM sure VW dub are not the only ones ,im just worried that my wifes VW will have to go back into the dealers ,and she will want to use my Bee Emm 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I'd hate to own a diesel car ( by any manufacture ) as I'd say all
    Their values will be heading downwards Fast !
    my mate has a new BMW 330 diesel , youd never know ,its silent and its quick .
    but must admit ,I wouldn't buy one .There is talk of one of the commie north London boroughs ,who are thinking of taxing residents ,who own diesel cars ,as they don't want their beardy sandal wearing employees breathing in fumes, So no police cars or fire trucks to attend any emergencies in that borough then X-(
    I just heard that in London, from 2018 all Taxis will have to be hybrids.
    Even though NoBody makes one ! 8-) , crazy politicians making rules !
    I just heard that in London, from 2018 all Taxis will have to be hybrids.
    Even though NoBody makes one ! 8-) , crazy politicians making rules !

Yes lets not have any pollution taxis in London ,because theres too many cars on the road ?
    not "oh the reason why theres to many cars on the road "is because the public transport is crap ,and is the most expensive in the world ,or ,heres a funny one ,could there possibly be too many people coming to live in London ,hmmmm let me think
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3246609/Brad-Pitt-accused-terrifying-chickens-loud-explosions-gunfire-films-latest-movie-Northern-Ireland.html
    These American actors coming over here, frightening our chickens ! :))
    Brad Pitt, terrifying chickens in N.Ireland. :o
    Theres been a lot of chat lately about the VW saga concerning their emission controls regarding their diesel engines. But and a big but,no one has yet to mention Audi ,Skoda ,after all are they not the same group ? use the same technology ,and do they not take their orderd from the same managerial group ?
    Let's face facts the Germans just can't make good cars ! :p :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    There is a nice retro feel to it now that the Germans are the villans again :D
    :)) ,im afraid its the same old story all over again , :))cut corners to make more and more profits for greedy directors ,shareholders,ect .Sod the poor person who has to loose his car for a few days while VW recall it and have it put right ,or worse still ,see his value of his car plummet ,as he tries to sell it on the 2nd hand market .I could go on ,but you get the picture :#
    If VW had tried to get to the high standards of the Austin Allegro, things
    Like this wouldn't happen. ;) or the. Morris Marina. :D
    :)) :)) :))
    The legendary MM :D

:))
    Only low flying pianos, killed it off. ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,600Chief of Staff
    Theres been a lot of chat lately about the VW saga concerning their emission controls regarding their diesel engines. But and a big but,no one has yet to mention Audi ,Skoda ,after all are they not the same group ? use the same technology ,and do they not take their orderd from the same managerial group ?

When this all started they said that it also affected the Audi A3...but only the A3 -{
    YNWA 97
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Good to see some Germans are still taking their green image seriously. :))

bildschirmfoto18wo5nxzeq.png
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Morris Marina. :D

Wasn't that the Basil Fawlty just in cars? :D

:D :D :D

And no switch-off devices involved - promised :D

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

:D :D :D

And no switch-off devices involved - promised :D

Have you been probed for emissions recently ? :o
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    According to my wife, I've failed miserably last night :#

Any news on our good friend Blackleiter , I miss him ,he was one of the great contributors here.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Any news on our good friend Blackleiter , I miss him ,he was one of the great contributors here.

I haven't been on as much as usual lately, but I haven't noticed much from Alpha Omega Sin (AOS) lately either.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

I haven't been on as much as usual lately, but I haven't noticed much from Alpha Omega Sin (AOS) lately either.

AOS is back at AJB, his partner having just recently had a beautiful baby girl. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Excellent! Guess I haven't been paying close attention in my more casual visits!