Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    With the Man from Uncle making a return another old spy/ action star
    Is back too...........
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3199050/The-Milk-Tray-man-Heroic-figure-classic-ads-set-return-mark-beloved-brand-s-100th-anniversary.html
    The Milk Tray man is Back ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    2304.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=1b4261e80f2308975daad6fac925a631

With apols to Sophia Loren and the late Peter Sellers:

Oh doctor, you're in trouble,
    Goodness Gracious Me
    For every time a certain girl
    Is standing on the pitch.
    A flush comes to my face
    And my heart begins to race,
    It goes boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom Boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom-boom-boom,
    Boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom
    GET OFF THE @&;****££@ PITCH!!!

1429675-30590364-640-360.jpg

Goodness, Gracious Me...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Another silly question from me but ....
    Watching Agent Carter ( yes superhero type silliness) when they all had to
    Parachute out of a Plane to get into Poland, ( WW2,adventure stuff). Now
    They all lined up and began jumping out, but none of them had attached their
    Rip chords to the line, to open them ?
    Now I realise a pilot might have to bail out, and not have a static line opening
    but were there free fall jumpers in WW2, or was this introduced much later ?
    I'd be interested in any answers. ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I googled a bit, and all I found was that the US military didn't start free fall jumps until the late 1950's. I really hope someone here knows more.
    https://vimeo.com/47773073
    Happy World Photography Day. -{
    In an earlier post on this thread TP asked when free fall parashuting was invented. I started wondering too, but a Google search only revealed that the US army didn't start free fall jumps until 1957-58. Can anyone give us a better a answer?
    edited August 2015
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-altitude_military_parachuting
    I too would be interested in any information on this, as from watching old
    War films it seemed to be all static line opening, then at some point it
    All changed.
    http://www.pathfinderireland.com/index.php?p=1_15

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882621/Special-forces-soldiers-dogs-tandem-parachute-freefall-10-000ft.html
    Special forces soldiers and Dogs parachute in training exercise.
    Perhaps it's something a certain Harry Flynn, might try on a
    Future adventure ? ;)
    I just remembered something. Soviet paratroops (I belive they were among the first to field paratropps together with the Italians) used to climb out of the airplane and hang on to the wings and fuselage af the plane before letting go simultanously. I assume they wanted the unit to land closer using this crazy tecnique. They can't have been using static line then, could they?

Paratroopers_jumping_from_Tupolev_TB-3.jpg
    I found this video. There is no line there as far as I can see (or understand)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMb_ue4aG4
    https://youtu.be/M6xzyVY7EfU
    I'd say those Russian chaps are just copying these American Girls ! :))

I'm sure in the early days they must have been trying out all sorts of ideas with getting
    troops in parachutes, out of the plane more quickly or landing more accurately ? I would not
    have liked to have been one of those Russian troops hanging on the wing :))
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I was just wondering. How are Minigeff, AOS and BL doing?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    edited August 2015
    stag wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    I just remembered something. Soviet paratroops (I belive they were among the first to field paratropps together with the Italians) used to climb out of the airplane and hang on to the wings and fuselage af the plane before letting go simultanously. I assume they wanted the unit to land closer using this crazy tecnique. They can't have been using static line then, could they?

Paratroopers_jumping_from_Tupolev_TB-3.jpg

Yes. the Soviets pioneered military parachuting. I don't think they used static lines (far too dangerous under the circumstances - many would have got tangled in the strops) but their method of delivery was largely dictated by the lack of suitable aircraft, hence the falling off the wing routine from obsolete bombers. The German Ju52 was also largely unsuitable because of the height of the door, hence the reason the Germans dived head first - though the type of parachute also dictated this, it hung from a fixed point on the back. The Germans couldn't carry kit like the British or Americans.

I knew about the Soviet and German methods, but not reasoning behind it. Thanks! I knew a man who served in a airborne unit in WWII - in Sweden! Many young Norwegians fled to Sweden during the war. Many were trained in the "police troops". Yeah, "police" with mortars, anti-tank mines and even a parachute company :)) They were inteded to impose order after the Germans capitulated. There was a fear that the German troops stationed in Norway and Norwegian nazis would fight on after the war ended on the continent. The Swedes secretly promised to help the allies fight them. The Police Troops would also have a role then. The Swedes were neutral during the war - favouring the Germans pre-Stalingrad and favouring the allies after Stalingrad. Anyway, the old ex-para said the parachutes didn't dampen the fall very much - "We came down pretty fast!" :))
    -{ All very interesting stuff guys {[]
    This maybe an old myth ( many of my facts are) but weren't the
    German's also the first to use the helicopter as an attack craft,
    as opposed to just a cargo/ troop carring vessel ?
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    http://www.vintagemovieposters.de/zoom.php4?pic=2009071013142044524

August 22nd , 1975......german premiere {[]
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34023361
    There are still heroes out there. {[]
    Three American men are being hailed as heroes for overpowering a heavily-armed gunman on a train in northern France.
    Mr Cazeneuve said the passengers were "particularly courageous and showed great bravery in very difficult circumstances", adding: "Without their composure we could have been confronted with a terrible incident."
    The irony is that the three marines were dressed in civilian clothes because of the terrorist treath against uniformed personel from groups like IS. If they had been in uniform I assume they would not have prepared the terror strike within earshot of them.
    I'm sure the passengers were glad they were there, in uniform or not. ;)
    In the same situation, I wouldn't care if they were dress as a lady Gaga
    Tribute act ! :))
    My point was that the reason the IS terrorists got caught becauase of the IS tactic to target people in uniform :))
    That is of course understandable, if a soldier, you don't want to be
    Easily identified by some Maniac. Still well done chaps I say. -{
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    -Ernie Reyes jr (Keno in TMNT II) has kidney trouble

-John Saxon is ill , he's last remaining main cast Enter Dragon star

:(
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    That is of course understandable, if a soldier, you don't want to be
    Easily identified by some Maniac. Still well done chaps I say. -{

Yes well done ,in this day and age of litigation ,(oh you shouldn't have done that ,you were not technicaly on duty)
    I say B***ox to that and let common sense prevail ,I hope those guys get the medals they deserve ,I mean I some un-talented soap star from Corrie can get an OBE ,then these guys should get the purple heart /silver star ect
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    They should Never have to buy a drink again . {[]
    I had an idea the other day, mainly due to my buddy TP, recommending which camera to buy .Now we seem to be getting a lot more members joining the club ,and great news that is too ,from far flung corners of the earth .Now a lot of us ,me included are quick to post pics of Bond scenery ,sets,locations ect all very good and very enjoyable . how about we post pics of our home town ,city ,ect im sure the guys around the world would be interested to see pics of say Newry where TP lives or Bexley where I live ,New Jersey ,Gainsborough , Liverpool ,its only a idea ,it just seems lately ,as we are all waiting for SPECTRE to arrive ,a lot of members seem to be falling by the way side ,because weve run out of things to keep us interested ,I will leave it up to you guys on a subject topic ,whos going to kick off fist :D
    It would be interesting to see some of the exotic location some AJBers
    Live like Liverpool :p or Medical cell 34A, East wing for the very nervous. :D
    Like some of my more esteemed colleagues ,ASP 9mm springs to mind ,I often go past the o2 dome in Greenwich ,and ASP9mm is always somewhere in the west end ,theres many a guy here that walk past many a location and frankly don't take a blind bit of notice of it ,we do it every day , I just thought some basic pics of our home towns would be of an interest to those of us un able for what ever reason ,to ever get to see other parts of the world ,we could call the new topic/thread MY HOME TOWN :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    A hearty thank you goes to Thunderpussy for helping me re-size my new Colonel Sun 1970 Pan Books cover avatar. As the Leader of 'The Colonel Sun Research Special Interest Party' I thought that it was more appropriate than the skull avatar that I've had for a long time. I hope members here like it. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Very good!!! -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007