Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Very nice photos, but I do remember something about " Top less" ;)
    Or was that the Sightseeing bus. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Ah, thanks guys ;%

I am a fan of the sepia filter for sure... especially with buildings... it makes them so dramatic.

I had fun yesterday, I would never consider myself a tourist in London, as I used to live in Acton - but I love visiting, and just taking in the sights, it really is a beautiful city and sitting in Trafalgar Square, listening to music, or reading my book, I felt a part of the city....not to mention people watching.

Anyone visiting our great capital... I urge you to look up - the majesty is all above the eyeline :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I have never actually lived in London but I like to think I know my way around and it's one of my favourite places in the world to just wander. As Lexi says, look up, look down, look everywhere...there's history, art, architecture and just good old fashioned fun at every step, although you do have to look carefully (like the little sign near Lock & Co that states that the Texas Legation used to be located nearby, or the sign that shows you where the ticketing office was for the Titanic, etc etc etc). I love taking someone who has never been to London before and showing them around. It's a chance to see it like a tourist.
    I too enjoyed London, I photographed everywhere. Got a great
    Photo from the river of the London eye on one side and the palace
    Of Westminster on the other, very Moody sky,in Black &White -{ . Even
    Managed to get a lovely photo of a couple getting married, who had an
    old open top double decker bus. I converted it to B&W but kept the bus
    a deep red colour. I had that in my portfolio of wedding photos for a couple
    of years, always got an " Ahhh !" From Brides to be. :)) infact thinking about
    It I really should have claimed that trip as a business expense ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I've noticed from The Transporter TV series. That the
    Car of choice for international criminals, is the mercedes
    G wagon. :)) all the Bad guys seem to drive them.
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    Dunno where else to put this, but it only just occured to me that Goldeneye (which I re-watched yesterday) is probably the only movie where Sean Bean dies last. :))

Also on topic: http://9gag.com/gag/aLQDvDP/shaun-baun-seen-bean
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
    :)) Yes, Sean does "Die" a lot ! :D
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    After last night's Republican candidate debate I'm an optimist. Trump says that he will run as an independent candidate if the Republicans don't nominate him. In that case, the Republican voters will be split and the Democrats will win. If Trump wins the nomination I still belive the republicans will lose, but sadly I'm not 100% sure.
    Let's be clear - I don't think the Democrats are perfect. They are just not as bad as the Republicans at almost everything :v
    Let's have an early "vote", just to see how wrong most of us will turn out to be :)) . Who do you think will be the Republican nominee?

I'm far from certain, but I say Marco Rubio
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    im confused ,with regards to the London tube strike 8-)
    The govt, are constantly going on about the amount of alcohol us Brits drink,and how much it costs the country in lost days ,due to absenteeism ,and how much of a strain it puts on the health service .The police chiefs are always saying how much it costs to police the drunken British reveller ,and the strain it puts on their resources .But now they TFL are saying ,,that they want to run the tubes later so people can stay out longer in bars and clubs (drinking) 8-) .They also say ,oh ,we must make London more like New York ,because New York is a 24 hour city ,well the obviously have never been there 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Pierce Brosnan caught trying to board a flight with a hunting knife:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33785274

How on earth did they find it hidden in his attache case? :007)
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/758841/#p758841
    Look at post, 195. :p

Nothing wrong with carrying a Knife on Board, I'm never travel without my AK-47 :))
    I'm sure the security guard said " I'm just a professional, doing a job" ;)
    I don't think ,for one second PB had any intention of trying to smuggle a knife on board a jet liner,but according to the press ,he did seem to throw his teddy out of the pram at being stopped by the air port security team,
    I'd say all Brosnan wanted to do was a little
    Whittling, during the flight to pass the time. ;)
    A bit random (hence the thread) im watching Tommy Trinder at the mo ,in a very old black and white film
    called champagne Charlie ,from the famous music hall song of the same name. Now the champagne in question ,that seems to be downed by the bucket load, is being served up in the unmistakeable labelled bottle of Dom Perignon ,I told you this was random :))
    I drink champagne, like I eat my KFC chicken ..... By the Bucket ! :))
    Looking at a few WW2 documentaries, I came across this chap. Jack Churchill.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
    Who went into battle carrying Scottish broadsword, and holds the record for
    The last documented kill on a battle field using an English long bow ! :D
    We don't make them like him an more. :))
    My son was at Buck house today ,on duty (he is a cop) and some dimwit tourist ,climbed up the railings to get a better photo shot ,slipped and fell on the railings ,with one of the spikes piercing his arm ,so no more nocturnal manourvers for him this holiday :))
    :)) Silly sod.

I remember being outside Buckingham Palace ( as a tourist) and a very nice
    Police woman on horse back ( I'll always think of her as lady rose ) told everyone
    To stay where they were, If they moved forward, she would " Park" her horse right
    in front of them and they would see nothing. ;)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    After last night's Republican candidate debate I'm an optimist. Trump says that he will run as an independent candidate if the Republicans don't nominate him. In that case, the Republican voters will be split and the Democrats will win. If Trump wins the nomination I still belive the republicans will lose, but sadly I'm not 100% sure.
    Let's be clear - I don't think the Democrats are perfect. They are just not as bad as the Republicans at almost everything :v

There are many republican supporters who say that Trump is an agent provocateur from the "other side" and he could indeed have that effect.

In my opinion he'll more help democtrats than harming them - but hey - it's the USA.
    If we're not careful, he'd become president like GWB did and noone really took him seriously previously.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHHdKDPfMSQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRBmhWYM_Yw

T1 sgd poster and a poster sgd by Rigg :D

Just had them linen backed......I'm so lucky to have attended Riggs only autograph signing -{
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    :)) Silly sod.

I remember being outside Buckingham Palace ( as a tourist) and a very nice
    Police woman on horse back ( I'll always think of her as lady rose ) told everyone
    To stay where they were, If they moved forward, she would " Park" her horse right
    in front of them and they would see nothing. ;)

One thing you will NEVER catch me on is a horse !!! Nice to look at but .....
    :))
    Discovered something new today, Curry Beans ! ..... Will try them
    Tomorrow. :D
    Didn't know where else to put this so put it here ... Didn't want to start a new thread ...

Just been reading an old Tim Dalton interview and I thought it was funny how he can't remember anything about his own Bond films but can talk in depth about Connery, Moore and Craig. Obviously he was too misty eyed to see them :)) :))

http://www.ew.com/article/2010/11/01/timothy-dalton-chuck-the-tourist-bond
    :D
    For bits about Bond actors and other odds and ends there is.
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/758994/#p758994
    The 007 Scrapbook, in the general chat forum. ;)
    Thanks TP :)
    I too sometimes find the odd story, and couldn't find some where to
    Shove it ( I'm sure, I'd get a few suggestions ;) ), and like yourself didn't
    want to open loads of unnecessary threads. :D
    I read today that Greece ,has more people aged 110 years ,than any country on earth 8-) .Now the Greeks have either discovered ,the secret of long life ,and the W.H.O should go over there double quick ,to find out ,how we can all live so long . or the thieving lazy bas*ards havnt declared that the grand parents have died forty years ago ,and are still collecting their rpensions .I cant wait to find out ,
    edited August 2015
    I just found something interesting (at least to me) on Youtube. In 1974 a film called "Bortreist på ubestemt tid" (the title says it all :D ). I have heard about this movie all my life bercause much of it was filmed near where I grew up, but I've never seen it before. The movie starts with the titles shown over the place I grew up and am sitting now. You can see my grandparents house there on the other side of the fjord, just visible above the headland. We hear a woman getting murdered, and the next scene happens on the other side of the fjord from where I am now. The villan is trying to get rid of the body of his wife, played by Julie Ege from OHMSS :007)
    I post it here mainly because of the Bond connection and the Number24 connection ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_pzhZxBcI

Julie Ege in "Bortreist på ubestemt tid"
    2605965.jpg?itok=zokRdrKU
    Beautiful landscape, Number24. -{