Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I woke up this...... let's call it morning. Everything was coveret with prestine snow -{
    I didn't watch the weather forecast last night, so I didn't expect snow this week based on earlier forecast. Nice...
    Sounds lovely, I think we have only ever had 2 White Christmas’s in my lifetime here in the UK and the first was the first year I got a bike from Santa. Couldn’t ride it for a week - typical! :D

Enjoy

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,842MI6 Agent
    Only two? Do school children have "snow days" in Britain?
  • Andi1996Andi1996 ZürichPosts: 50MI6 Agent
    The entire James Bond collection has been made available on iTunes in real 4K.

Just stumbled on it by chance, as we own the movies on iTunes. The amazing thing is that you don't need to purchase the films again if you already own them on iTunes, they get upgraded for fee!

That's true for all the movies on iTunes by the way. Everything you purchased in the past and that is now available in 4K will be yours in that resolution to watch. If you have the necessary TV set of course.
    "It's always a pleasure to welcome someone with a mutual interest."
    I'm going out for a drive .....

engage-hyperdrive.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I once had an odd sensation while driving. It was a foggy night, but for a section of road. The fog was around five feet
    Above the ground. So it was like driving under a cloud !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited December 2017
    Tonight is the traditional village Christmas party. Everyone who can make it is welcome!
    There will be a Christmas play were I will play one of the Wise Men (radical casting :D) and my father will interpret the role of the owner of inn owner.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited December 2017
    I once had an odd sensation while driving. It was a foggy night, but for a section of road. The fog was around five feet
    Above the ground. So it was like driving under a cloud !
    Living near many rivers and open country I often experience this at certain times of the year, and also willow the wisp is common.
    This morning I woke up opened the curtains and discovered it was snowing quite heavily, which was a nice surprise.
    20171227_134106.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited December 2017
    Number24 wrote:
    Tonight is the traditional village Christmas party. Everyone who can make it is welcome!
    There will be a Christmas play were I will play one of the Wise Men (radical casting :D) and my father will interpret the role of the owner of the inn.

The job is done. I'm no longer a wise man.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    There will be a Christmas play were I will play one of the Wise Men (radical casting :D) and my father will interpret the role of the owner of the inn.

The job is done. I'm no longer a wise man.
    you will always be a wise man to us number 24
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Very kind :)
    I hope the gathering went well. It sounds like a nice community to live
    Thank you. It was and it is. :)

On a more James Bond-related note: I just found out two SIS-agents were based 50 a minutes drive from here during WWII. They observed ships going up and down the coast (to Germany) and directed allied bombers to them.
    It seems very quiet today on AJB
    edited December 2017
    I just found out two SIS-agents were based 50 a minutes drive from here during WWII. They observed ships going up and down the coast (to Germany) and directed allied bombers. The two WWII SIS agents were brothers, Ole og Tore Snefjellå. Here they are to the right in the photo, the old man is their father and the tall man in dark uniform is king Haakon 7.

032wY1cVGkCw?dimension=1200x1200

This photo shows the results of ther work. RAF planes attacking German ships that were reported by the SIS agents.

22kulOve%20R%C3%B8v%203.jpg

22kulOve%20R%C3%B8v%202.jpg

This is a reconstruction of the SIS radio station named "Frey".

Frey-radiostasjonen-i-Oksavika_content_banner_morotur.jpg

"Frey" was well hidden:

Frey-radiostasjonen-i-Oksavika_lightbox_full_screen.jpg

All traffic on the fjord was reported to London:

Frey-radiostasjonen-i-Oksavika_lightbox_full_screen.jpg

The brothers were taken to and from "Frey" by the submarine chaser "KNM Hitra". Hitra was piloted by "The Shetland Gang", a Norwegian outfit running agents, refugees and weapons accross the North Sea. I have written more about this Special Operations Executive unit in the SOE thread.

HNoMS_Hitra_%282003%29.jpg

On another mission the brothers had to be saved by this Catalina named "Vingtor":

1024px-Norwegian_Consolidated_Catalina_named_Vingtor.jpg
    This should make Number24 smile, after the constant coverage on bbc breakfast news this morning about the snow, and how not to travel unless absolutely necessary and that we are having an amber snow warning up to 6 inches expected this morning we've had extensive snow fall here! I can report some of the blades of grass on my lawn are completely covered!
    20171229_114657.jpg
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    I'd wait till it's a settled before you pick a spot to bury that tw*t who nicked "The Regiment's" Planet Ocean! :s Dear Father Christmas please can I have a death wish for Christmas!
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    I'd wait till it's a settled before you pick a spot to bury that tw*t who nicked "The Regiment's" Planet Ocean! :s Dear Father Christmas please can I have a death wish for Christmas!
    An educated guess would be that once they catch up with that lightfingered toe rag they won't bother doing any digging! I'd say he'll get his just deserts, and usually these things are dealt with just before you leave on ops.... So I've heard.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    An educated guess would be that once they catch up with that lightfingered toe rag they won't bother doing any digging! I'd say he'll get his just deserts, and usually these things are dealt with just before you leave on ops.... So I've heard.

Allegedly! -{ :D
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Apparently so :)) -{
    Chriscoop wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Apparently so :)) -{

If only the perp went by the initials H.M. & had a Little Library & of course is clueless my year would be complete ..Tap Tap! -{ :D
    :)) extensive library I think you'll find :D
    And you could only double tap with a first edition p99 with a particular shaped trigger guard that you recieved before any one else in the world...... No other pistol would do ;)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    This should make Number24 smile, after the constant coverage on bbc breakfast news this morning about the snow, and how not to travel unless absolutely necessary and that we are having an amber snow warning up to 6 inches expected this morning we've had extensive snow fall here! I can report some of the blades of grass on my lawn are completely covered!
    20171229_114657.jpg

I hope everyone survived :D
    edited December 2017
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    20171229_114657.jpg

I hope everyone survived :D
    :)) It was close, I had to go to the supermarket today for some essentials like milk, bread smoked salmon and some cheese biscuits....... So pleased I packed some snow chains a shovel, a flask of hot drink and wore my Canada Goose coat for the 6 mile round trip :))
    On the news this morning a man from the UK highways agency even advised carrying a first aid kit " for any casualties you may come accross" :)) meanwhile we were shown scenes of heavily affected areas with houses with a few inches of snow on then :o
    Seriously though I once drove a series 3 land-rover around Finland encountering 2.5 meter snow drifts. I also once had to drive into the Alps to rescue a friend who'd broken his leg skiing off piste. This over dramatic coverage of a light snow shower (or storm according to the BBC) is laughable.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) extensive library I think you'll find :D
    And you could only double tap with a first edition p99 with a particular shaped trigger guard that you recieved before any one else in the world...... No other pistol would do ;)

:D -{ :D
    Mrscoop braved the weather today to go to work, her car park outside her office is on a slope, of course she bumped the new car while sliding in the snow against a wall!! Despite me telling her " go very very slow. And give yourself space" we've only had this car 12 days!!!
    DSC_0128.jpg
    :# I hope 2018 starts a bit better for you.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) It serves me right for making light of all the severe weather warnings in the comfort of my own home while the hapless mrscoop was out at work!
    My first purchase of 2018, some touch up paint! :D
    Or a sleigh ? ..... if it's going to be as bad as
    They predict ;)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Mrscoop braved the weather today to go to work, her car park outside her office is on a slope, of course she bumped the new car while sliding in the snow against a wall!! Despite me telling her " go very very slow. And give yourself space" we've only had this car 12 days!!!
    DSC_0128.jpg

I'm sorry CC but this is just far too apt to pass up! :D

fullsizeoutput_4bf.jpg
    https://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w
    Women know your limits ! :))