Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent

The cause of all bad things has finally been found! (by the Swedes)

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

Sadly many Christians seem to be better at telling you what they're against than the good things they're actually for. It reminds me of the anti-abortion activists I see outside my local hospital every day as I drive to work.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Headline from local newspaper:

"Man hid on roof after drunken driving. Then he fell off". 😂

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited February 27

"Firda" is both more local and far more serious than Daily Sport, but serious newspapers have an obligation to report when people do stupid stuff too. Seriously, people can be very stupid! 😁

Working for the police in Reykjavik is grim and dangerous. Just look at their own Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/logreglan/

I live in a country with a higher crime level than Iceland and I suspect the police Instagram isn't quite as cute. But I'm watching the TV news and I actually smiled when I saw a single and unremarkable murder headlines national news. 🙂

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters

Law enforcement is 'so yesterday' here in the States.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

I remember my late aunt (My Dad's sister) saying once that when she was a girl (she was born in 1921) a murder was front page national news as it was so shocking but nowadays it's sadly a commonplace everyday occurrence. Although there have always been crimes and bad people who commit them it does seem that there are more of them about now than ever.

It depends on where you live.

For example the levels of violent crimes in the US has gone down as lot since the 1990's.

edited March 1

Well, this seems perfectly innocent.

Perhaps although all the mass shootings and gun crime in the US still makes headlines around the world with a depressing frequency. Crime statistics can also be massaged as anyone who has studied the British Crime Survey will tell you. Of course not all crimes are reported either for various reasons so crime figures only tell us part of the story.

So that's where Putin got the name for his missile then. I thought he'd borrowed it from the name of Ian Fleming's dog.

edited March 1

I feel sorry for Sigmund Freud and all the other psychoanalysts who never had the opportunity to to experience and discuss this image. I think they'd enjoy it a lot.

There is a certain phallic imagery there I'm sure they wouldn't fail to notice. Even I noticed it.

Perhaps a little bit phallic.

Yes, just a bit. It's very subtle. I almost didn't notice it.

"Never gonna give you up" In Old English. 😁

"Smells like teen spirit" in classical Latin:

This is the most Irish thing I've ever seen:

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff

@emtiem I was told during my leave that over in The Other Place someone made a post about the similarities between CR67 and NTTD, more or less quoting verbatim from my earlier post on here, and that you quickly sprang to my defence saying that the credit was mine. I'm very happy about that and would like to publicly thank you.

From the news:

"There will get enough eggs for Easter if people don't hoard them" says the Minister of Food. These are the problems in a first world country.

The Loch Loo monster was observed today.

😁😁😁 Do you believe in the Loch Ness monster? Obviously it's perfectly real, unlike Bigfoot, the Yeti, etc

edited March 24

I'll believe in the Nessie if you can show me photos just as good as the above photo of Sh*ttie! 😁

Alas, she's very shy.

edited March 24

So is Sh*ttie. Not to mention his wife, LooLoo. As of today there are no photos of her. Not even observations by sober witnesses. At least Nessie has a couple of really bad photos.

Really bad photos that have been proven to be fakes. Still, I suppose it helps the local tourist industry around Loch Ness so it's not all bad news...