Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent

There's a Katespiracy joke there I could have made a couple of days ago.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

I fear that the window for that one has passed. Comedy does have a sell by date.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited March 24

In fact the photo of Sh*ttie is taken close to the deepest lake in Europe. Legend has it that the lake has a large sea monster, much like Nessie. Because of the name of the lake the monster is called "Horney". Could Sh*ttie is a younger relative? Are Nessie and Horney distant relations? 😁

I found a photo of Horney online!

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

It does look very excited so it's named well. 😉

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Very nice. It was 65 years since the 1959 publication of Goldfinger the other day I believe.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,225MI6 Agent

You should post this picture on the Book Covers thread, it’s really good @Napoleon Plural

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent

who can identify all six editions of Goldfinger?

I think I recognise all but the second one

PAN painted cover, early 60s

???

PAN Hawkey cover (the iconic mid60s covers)

2nd Signet cover (the other set of iconic mid60s covers)

Signet film tie-in

PAN messy desk edition (early 70s series)

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff
    edited March 29

@caractacus potts The second is from the 70s (1975 IIRC) and it's a "safe for young readers" edition. Yes, that went on even back then. This was done with a few Bond books.

Someone has stolen eight left foot shoes from a sports outlet in Kragerø in the far south of Norway. "This is highly unusual. We have to keep a sharp eye on the remaining right foot shoes in the future!" said the manager. 😂

I hope they have the best gumshoe on the case. 😉

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,339Chief of Staff

I hope the right steps are taken.

🤣

edited March 29

Do you remember the part of the Bible where Jesus is held captive and Peter denied knowing JC three times. "Then the rooster crowed" says the Bible. Today a priest admitted to me that he once said during his sermon: "Then Peter crowed" 🤣🤣

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff

I suppose he did "crow" in the sense that he denied knowing Jesus three times as predicted before the rooster crowed.

edited March 29

No. The priest was supposed to say: "Then the rooster crowed" after Peter denied knowing JC. Jesus had predictef this earlier. Instead the priest said: "Then Peter crowed". 😁

edited March 30

Oh, yes, I know the Bible passage. I was just trying to be charitable to the priest there. 😀

😁 Luckily he has a sense of humor.

That's good. It doesn't do to take yourself too seriously in life. It certainly worked for Sir Roger Moore...

Never Send Floyeurs.

April Fool's Day and Easter Monday are on the same day this year. Does that mean that the world is going to end? 🌍

Clairvoiants predict a late spring this year. (I just took this photo outside my house)

edited April 3

For years I've warned against the health risks of doing sports, especially football. Just look!

The US Department of State mixes up Switzerland and Sweden! 😂 This isn't the first time I've suspected basic geography eduction in American schools is shi ..... not as good as it should be in the most powerful nation in the world.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,225MI6 Agent

I’m heartened to see that Britain’s eccentricity is alive and well - almost…from a newspaper column…

The Dorset Knob Throwing Games are back in business for the first time in five years. Stop giggling at the back. The knobs in question are traditional hard biscuits.

Competitors take part in a knob and spoon race and knob tossing. But the contest to decide who can eat the most knobs has been dropped on the orders of health and safety in case someone chokes themself to death.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 66MI6 Agent

I wonder if the makers of 'Hobnobs' took their inspiration from that name?

Author of 'An Ungentlemanly Act' and 'Execution of Duty'. The WW2 espionage series starring Harry Flynn.