Last film seen...

Comments

• scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    It sounds mad I know -but I have finally watched Chicken Run and I loved it! :D
  • ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Garfield (only thing good about it was JLH)

This was even worse than Scooby Doo (SD had a better story at least)
  • Hells AngelHells Angel Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Cinema:Meet The Fockers, it was pretty good

Home:OHMSS I like it more every time I watch it!
  • The BaronThe Baron Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Had imsomnia last night and watched the Delta Force. Nice to see Chuck Norris and Lee Marvin in this one. Still makes me laugh when you see Robert Forster plan the lead villan... ala Saddam Hussein.
  • BondovBondov Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    I watched Los Diarios de Motocicleta (The Motorcycle Diaries) last night because I didn't have any other time to do it -- had to make a wonderful six hour trip back home for Spring break and all.

Anyway, I thought this movie was fantastic. I was debating whether to rent this one or Maria Full of Grace (I was in a foreign movie mood and there wasn't a lot of choice at the store), but I ended up with this. The film is basically about what moulded Che Guevara into what he did later in his life. Some may call this movie boring and slow, but every silent scene added to the overall effect of it.

I'd recommend it if you have an interest in foreign movies and/or Che Guevara.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Rear Window[/quoting Tracy]
    Great film! Only saw it once but that was enough and I loved it!
    Last flim I saw was TWINE on the Bond Season last night. I prefered it more on 00 heaven for those of you in UK.
    00 heaven wasn't on so late! 8-10 then news, then 10.30-11.
    But Bond Season is on 8.30-10.30 then news, then, 11-11.30.
    Ridiculous times!
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Throw Momma From the Train, Danny DeVito, 1987

A classic comedy, this was DeVito's directorial debut. He and Billy Crystal are great, but Anne Ramsey really stands out for her performance (for which she received an Oscar nomination shortly before her death). You really connect with the characters too.

9.7/10
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    The Wild, Wild World of Jayne Mansfield.

Jayne and her chihuahua tour Rome, Paris, and Cannes among many other places. An exploitation classic with husband Mickey Hargitay. The film comes to a screeching disturbing end with footage of the crash which ended Jayne's life at the young age of 33.

It's another great disc loaded with extras from Something Weird entertainment. Not for the timid and innocent.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,636Chief of Staff
    House Of Flying Daggers.

A beautifully shot film with really rich colours. Great fight scenes with excellent wire-work and it does have a good storyline too !! Well worth a watch.
    YNWA 97
    Single White Female - I am a late boomer with certain movies. I wish I wasnt for this one .Very disturbing scene with the puppy, almost as bad as the cooked bunny in Fatal Attraction.
    Conspiracy Theory

Considering it starred two people I despise; Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts, it was a rather enjoyable film, though perhaps a little long for its own good. There was a decent villain in Patrick Stewart but they could have made more of his talent. The ending was rather predictable also.

7/10
    Goldfinger! I love that movie soo much! I expext you to die!
  • Stromberg1Stromberg1 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I saw Scent Of A Woman with Al Pacino and Chris O'Donnal. It was very entertaining and didn't seem like it was 2.5 hours. Al Pacino definitely deserved the Oscar, and the message it was giving was great.
  • BondovBondov Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    I watched Magnolia at 1:00am the other morning (it was on the Internation Film Channel and I've been meaning to see it for awhile, anyway). It was really long, but it really kept me on the edge of my seat; I didn't mind staying up until 4:00am at all. :)

I watched the remake of The Italian Job tonight. I've seen it before and I really think I need to purchase it.
    Our Man Flint - A romping 007 spoof starring James Coburn. A cross between Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Austin Powers. :) A good laugh but a bit slow in places.
  • DominoDomino Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    edited March 2005
    I saw Dr. No, FRWL, Goldfinger, Thunderball, YOLT, THMWTGG, TSWLM, Moonraker, FYEO, Octopussy, LTK, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, and Die Another Day. Don't know what one was first or last
    -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    Equilibrium with Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Emily Watson and Sean Pertwee. It's dubbed Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four meets The Matrix.

Straight-to-DVD fodder, though entertaining enough. The opening seems a homage to GoldenEye as Bale and Bean play two govt operatives taking out renegades. However, Bean has a betrayal to play, as in the other film.

But the film is pretty corny and it's too easy to pick holes in it. Like that Emilio Estervez/Mick Jagger sci-fi film from way back. Still, good cinematography. If you'd seen it in the cinema you'd have been disappointed.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    The Glass Menagerie

Some good performances, though I never was a fan of this play, so the film didn't thrill me.

4.9/10
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Seen a few good movies recently.Most whilst trapped on a long haul flight.

First off was 'Dear Frankie' with Gerard Butler.A very sweet film which managed to stay away from being mushy.

Next was 'The Machinist' with Christian Bale.Very dark in the mould of 'Se7en'.Not sure if I liked it or not.

Then it was the turn of 'Vera Drake'.Imelda Staunton deserved her Oscar nomination.But like 'The Machinist' not to be watched if you want a feel good film!

Finally,I saw 'Man On Fire' with Denzil Washington.MY favourite.Superb movie,with some classic lines and great dialogue.Dakota Fanning is going to be a great little actress.
    Around the World in 80 days. Our English teacher rocks! He let us watch it all through class!
    Pulp Fiction was on and I couldn't resist the temptation.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,415Chief of Staff
    3 Pink Panthers at a sitting:

PP Strikes Again (funny)
    Revenge Of The PP (ok)
    Trail Of The PP (dodgy)
    Watched Jet Li in Hero on DVD last night -what a visually beautiful film -the colours and fights were excellent -shame the tale was lacking the real sense of danger that would've driven it along to make it into a truly great masterpiece -nevertheless fans of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon should enjoy it.

Went to the cinema to see Constantine tonight -and really enjoyed it. Dark yet humorous with some good effects. Reeves plays the role well in his understated style - its certainly made me interested in reading the graphic novel. :D
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Watched Jet Li in Hero on DVD last night -what a visually beautiful film -the colours and fights were excellent -shame the tale was lacking the real sense of danger that would've driven it along to make it into a truly great masterpiece -nevertheless fans of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon should enjoy it.

I happened to prefer Hero to CTHD because Hero incorporates much more real Chinese history into the storyline and has more polished action choreography (alright, I'm biased on this point as the action director of Hero, who also did House of Flying Daggers, is a family friend). Jet Li, unlike Chow Yun Fat, is clasically trained and is far more capable of executing more sophisticated moves. The wirework on CTHD becomes a bit obvious on repeated viewings. Personally I preferred Hero's gradual unwrapping of the truth than CTHD's duller storyline.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    edited March 2005
    Quoting Tracy:
    Quoting Tracy:

I happened to prefer Hero to CTHD because Hero incorporates much more real Chinese history into the storyline and has more polished action choreography (alright, I'm biased on this point as the action director of Hero, who also did House of Flying Daggers, is a family friend). Jet Li, unlike Chow Yun Fat, is clasically trained and is far more capable of executing more sophisticated moves. The wirework on CTHD becomes a bit obvious on repeated viewings. Personally I preferred Hero's gradual unwrapping of the truth than CTHD's duller storyline.

I agree that Hero is the better of the two films -I just wanted people who have seen CTHD to watch this film -because in my mind the camera work, the fight sequences, score and everything just make it into a true piece of art. On a second viewing I enjoyed Hero even more, and now that I've watched a rented copy and enjoyed it -it is now one DVD I wish to add to my collection.
    BTW Tracy have you seen The DUEL? I got this on DVD from Blockbusters for one pound! Its a real fun film and apparently the last in a trilogy. The fighting in this is good fun to watch and Dragon Agent Number 9 thinks of himself as a James Bond type character! :D
    http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/duel.htm
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Leave Her To Heaven

A film I've loved for a long time that's finally been released on DVD but I'd been unaware of until now. Gorgeous color cinematography. Gene Tierney never looked so beautiful, Cornel Wilde, the lovely Jeanne Crain, and the always excellent Vincent Price the cast.

Classic color in the noir era, great looking DVD with TERRIFIC restoration but ...

TERRIBLE COMMENTARY! Next time get someone who actually enjoys the film they're reviewing, Fox!

Former child star Darryl Hickman and film critic Richard Schickel both seem less then thrilled with the film. (when Hickman actually stops talking about himself to comment on the film at hand that is) The backhanded throwaway compliments both heap on the film have made this viewer very angry for one.

Hickman comes across as a pompous and self centered "acting teacher". The tirade of the '40s acting style is extremely weary and tiresome. According to Hickman, anything that predates "The Method" isn't worth it's weight in salt. But I suppose all the Scooby and Scrappy Doo voiceovers in your resume allow you to talk. (Yes I checked)

Still a great job from Fox, avoid the commentary unless you want to get your blood up. X-(
  • Stromberg1Stromberg1 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I watched Heat with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro together for the only time, and they were great in this underrated movie.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I remember seeing Heat in the cinema. I remember some good parts, then other times it seemed to run long. But in the end, I almost shed a tear. You know the scene. Near the airport, by the runway I beleive.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • royale53royale53 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    At the moment i'm watching The Day Of The Jakel. (the original film with Edward Fox)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,299MI6 Agent
    Ah, Mr Jackal, you appear with the tedious inevitablity of an unloved season...

Changing Lanes, with Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson. Good supporting roles from Sydney Pollack, Toni Collette and William Hurt too.

Gripping stuff, keeps you enthralled. A bit pat at the end, mind. It's about a road rage incident, a car accident that leaves Jackson late for his custody hearing for his kids and Affleck the lawyer missing a crucial folder, without which he's stuffed on an important legal case which he can't afford to lose.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017