Last film seen...

Comments

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Guardians of the Galaxy--pure, unpretentious fun.

I agree. I haven't had that much fun at a film in a long time. I loved it!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • samurai4114samurai4114 Alberta, CanadaPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    The Seven Year Itch. It actually had a couple really funny moments. Couple that with the stunning Marilyn Monroe, very, very watchable movie.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Taken2, was on when I came in. My opinion hasn't changed
    They should have left taken, Alone. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Taken2, was on when I came in. My opinion hasn't changed
    They should have left taken, Alone. :))

Wot you had it on your TV ? on normal channel or cable?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    im going to watch raiders of the lost ark tonight (TV) if only just to see the great Ronald Laceys performance
    as the GESTAPO officer ,a very talented man who sadly lost his life to cancer,
    I have NowTV the cheapest way to get Sky movies. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thanks for the heads up, just watched Raiders {[] brilliant
    Mid week pick me up. A fantastic film. I still think the
    Fight round the aircraft is one of the best action sequences
    Ever put on film. :))
    Thanks for the heads up, just watched Raiders {[] brilliant
    Mid week pick me up. A fantastic film. I still think the
    Fight round the aircraft is one of the best action sequences
    Ever put on film. :))

I think R.O.T.LA. has some of the best stunts in movies ,(possible future thread :) ) we saw the Indiana Jones show at Disneys Hollywood studios
    in Orlando , it was magic to see it all explained, a must see show :) its probably on you tube somewhere ,
    That would be a brilliant thread ! {[]
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Also watched R.O.T.L.A. last night, still a good film -{
    Vic Armstrong was Harrison Fords stunt double.
    Favourite line from the film "I hate snakes Jock" :))
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    I love the line,
    " looks very dangerous, You go first ! " :))

Pains me to think of what a hash they made of Indy 4 :#
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Pains me to think of what a hash they made of Indy 4 :#

Fully agree on that one -{
    Did learn one thing from that film, If you hide in a fridge it protects you from a nuclear explosion :))
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :)) Yes very useful, I hope they've put that into the
    latest "Protect and survive" leaflet in case of Nuclear war. :))
    Temple of doom ! {[] another Indy action packed adventure. -{
    Bbc3
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    With Crystal Skull, I always get the impression they had a better time making it than we had watching it!
    Everything looked as if it was filmed in a studio, poor plot and dialogue, poor villain, Karen Allen, wasteful Of John Hurt, don't even get me started on the CGI monkeys or those rodents at the beginning...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    With Crystal Skull, I always get the impression they had a better time making it than we had watching it!
    Everything looked as if it was filmed in a studio, poor plot and dialogue, poor villain, Karen Allen, wasteful Of John Hurt, don't even get me started on the CGI monkeys or those rodents at the beginning...

Its a shocker isn't it!

I agree everything looks pristine and fake. Even his main adventure clothes look newish.

Should not have bothered with it - watching Raiders compared to that tripe is astounding to say the least
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Or they should have stuck with the original Idea - The Saucer Men from Mars
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • samurai4114samurai4114 Alberta, CanadaPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    Jaws 2 on AMC. Nothing really on at the time. It's alright, but it's not one to re-watch I'd say.
    I give anything after Jaws 2 a wide Birth :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I give anything after Jaws 2 a wide Birth :)

yep they should have stopped at 2, oooh they have made Jaws 4 ,I wonder what its about 8-)
    It's similar to the Sleepaway Camp or Nightmare on Elm Street Franchises, both got daft after there second or third Outing.
    Jaws was a masterpiece, the rest just got worse until they became drivel :#
    Jaws was a masterpiece, the rest just got worse until they became drivel :#

I actually saw Jaws 3 at an advance screening in a theater in Chicago. Believe it or not, sitting two seats away from me was Roger Ebert and seated right in front of me was Gene Siskel. At the time they were co-hosting their television program At The Movies . On the way out of the theater I happened to be walking next to Mr. Ebert. I told him I was a big fan of the show. He said thanks, and then he shook his head and said "That was really awful, wasn't it?", referring to the mess we had just seen. I quickly agreed and I mentioned a particular scene in which Chief Brody's wife appeared to be having a flashback about an event that occurred when she wasn't even present. Ebert chuckled and said that he noticed that too. When I watched Siskel and Ebert's review of Jaws 3, Ebert used that scene as an example of how silly the movie was. Needless to say, I had a big grin on my face when I saw that!

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent, but I was a big fan of Ebert's and I was really touched by his recent death. I will always have fond memories of my brief encounter with him.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Great that you got to meet those two great reviewers, BL. I enjoy watching copies of their programmes on You Tube, especially the Bond ones like OP and AVTAK. Sad indeed that they're no longer with us. :(
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Great that you got top meet those two great reviewers, BL. I enjoy watching copies of their programmes on You Tube, especially the Bond ones like OP and AVTAK. Sad indeed that they're no longer with us. :(

Yes, and I really enjoyed their written reviews that appeared in their respective newspapers as well.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Siskel & Ebert made movie reviewing cool. . .I'm glad to you got to be a small part of it, BL!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Great that you got top meet those two great reviewers, BL. I enjoy watching copies of their programmes on You Tube, especially the Bond ones like OP and AVTAK. Sad indeed that they're no longer with us. :(

Yes, and I really enjoyed their written reviews that appeared in their respective newspapers as well.

Yes, those would well worth a read too. I wonder if they are collected in book form?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    We're The Millers....very funny...quite rude...certainly not subtle...but entertaining all the same...
    YNWA 97
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Siskel & Ebert made movie reviewing cool. . .I'm glad to you got to be a small part of it, BL!

Thanks, Hardyboy! I cherish the memory.

Yes, those would well worth a read too. I wonder if they are collected in book form?

I believe several volumes of Roger Ebert's reviews have been published.