Last film seen...

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    Robbo88 wrote:

George Miller was behind all four of them, he clearly knows what he's doing with his franchise. The interceptor is there because the Mad Max films don't have a continuity; they're supposed to be legends and myths told in a post apocalyptic world.

Yeah and does that include making Charlize Theron the lead role and Max being a mute side character that barely says a word? Terrible movie. Mr Miller has been rumoured to be directing Man Of Steel 2. Which I hope doesn't happen as Superman will suffer the same fate as Max and be a side character to Supergirl.

Last movie I watched was Taken 3. I thought a second viewing after not seeing it for a few month would change my opinion. It didn't.

In Fury Road, whilst the story wasn't about Max, he got involved with other people's business and needed up in it. Exactly the same as what happened in the 2nd and 3rd movie. Max is someone who wanders the wasteland, he gets involved in other people's stories. And, what you said about him being mute and barely saying a word, I'd like to point out Max has only 16 lines in Road Warrior.

-{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Die Hard :
    Great action movie, a classic. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The Martian, an unabashedly optimistic "hard" science fiction film (i.e., no fantasy; everything in it is pretty well provable science) that comes off very well; and Spy, Melissa McCarthy's spit-take on the Bond/espionage genre. . .often very funny, but why is it two full hours? 90 minutes would have been enough. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    I just saw Spielberg's Bridge of Spies The movie tells the story of the insurance lawyer James B. Donovan (Tom Hanks) who defended Soviet spy Rudolf Abel (Mark Rylance does a wonderful job). Later he is tasked with negotiating the prisoner exchange between Abel and downed U2 pilot Francis Gary Powers. I don't know how close the story follows what really happened, but it does show parts of history I wasn't aware of before. But IMDB tells me that Donovan was General Counsel for the Office of Strategic Services during WWII, while the movie doesn't mention this (they do mention he was part of the prosecution team at Nurenberg). Instead they give the impression that he was a fish out of water in the shadowy world of espionage and foreign affairs. In spite of this I really loved the story. It's too rare now that movies assume the viewer is inteligent and willing to pay attention to a complex script, but this movie has that confidence. The Cohen brothers co-wrote the script. There are also two Norwegian links to this story. Abel (not his real name) lived and spied in Norway for a while and Francis Gary Powers was supposed to land his U2 plane in Bodø in Northern Norway.

A very smart, interesting and well-acted movie. Highly recomended!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Mockingjay, Part 2. Very satisfying final chapter to the Hunger Games.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    My Daughter loved it, she's seen all the films and read all the Books
    ( Keeps going on about it sometimes ) I'm glad I'm not like that ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • TylerTyler Posts: 184MI6 Agent
    Bridge of Spies, Burnt and Suffragette
    Never fear the event
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    watched " I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE" ooohh that's enough to make your eyes water ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    The original or the remake ? I noticed on the sky movie store, they're
    Up to " I spit on your grave 3" :))
    The original or the remake ? I noticed on the sky movie store, they're
    Up to " I spit on your grave 3" :))

I don't know TP ,if it was the original or the re=make ,but do the words policeman ,shot gun ,bent over , help :))
    edited November 2015
    I know Disney has really changed these days :D

Just watched Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon. {[]
    I love Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce as the famous detectives.
    Made in 1942, it very patriotic. The Story is about fighting Moriarty
    and stop him getting his hands on a new accurate bomb sight.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    A queens ransom is on YouTube , Lazenbys final GH movie......in a scene hes on the phone while getting it on with a woman , a bit sleazy but then again hes the villain :p
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I know Disney has really changed these days :D

Just watched Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon. {[]
    I love Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce as the famous detectives.
    Made in 1942, it very patriotic. The Story is about fighting Moriarty
    and stop him getting his hands on a new accurate bomb sight.

That was the very first Basil Rathbone Holmes film that I saw and I hooked me immediately. There are certainly better films in the series such as The Scarlet Claw and The Spider Woman, but I have a really soft spot for the WWII Holmes adventures.
    Even Mark Gatiss who appears in and helps write the new
    Sherlock series. Names Rathbone and Bruce as one of the many
    Influences on his series. :)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Birdman, with Michael Keaton.

Brilliant acting by a fantastic cast, intense performances, and laugh-out loud funny in places, but not at all what I was expecting and I'm still kind of wondering about it...
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Creed. Absolutely loved it. Some parts were really tugging on the old heart strings :)).
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Mr Holmes (2015) on DVD - very good and dealing with the latter years of Sherlock Holmes (aged 93) when he was beekeeping in the countryside in his retirement. Holmes is superbly played by Sir Ian McKellen as he tries to remember his last case as a detective and why it was that he decided to end his career as a detective. Highly recommended viewing. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    633 Squadron :

WW2 film about the bombing of a rocket fuel plant in Norway, with a
    Very famous Theme.
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    I've been binging on romantic TV movies lately.
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
    I managed to watch GLORY , a film about the American civil war (true story) starring Morgan Freeman Denzil Washinton and Mathew Broderick , the film is about the plight of freed slaves willing to join the union army ,to fight the confederate forces . This is a must film to see ,if only to try to understand mans inhumanity to his fellow man ,ie how the white people treated their black counterparts. A scene where Washington was flogged ,just had me in tears ,(im a great big soft old Hector) :) a great film ,one of the best ive ever seen .
    On a similar subject but different film, I watched Django Unchained again
    last night. Brilliant movie, some outstanding performances.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,620Chief of Staff
    I watched Ex Machina last night...interesting story and good performances all round -{
    YNWA 97
    I loved the Dad's Army film and series ( have my doubts about the new film ) .
    I also love the "Carry Ons" .... I get most of my material from them. ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I loved the Dad's Army film and series ( have my doubts about the new film ) .
    I also love the "Carry Ons" .... I get most of my material from them. ;)

I love the scene where they steamroll all over their own tents in the 1971 film version - the most hilarious thing ever committed to celluloid! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    The radio version is still on BBC radio player, I download an
    Episode or two to listen to out and about. Also bbc2 is doing a drama
    Over Christmas about Dads Army.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    The odd thing about the movie is that it proceeds as if the series hadn't begun, so it starts with Mainwaring recruiting his soldiers, like in the very first episode. Maybe that was for the overseas audience who may not have known about the series.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    The Rock - good film in which SC is definitely the highlight
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Haha - all this recent talk of the Rock had me watching it last night. Sadly I fell asleep so will finish tonight!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    yes, I read about it here last night, too and the put the DVD in :))
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    The Rock - good film in which SC is definitely the highlight

"I am the lascht of the enemy ......"

I love that scene :D