Last film seen...

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    Especially in the Nordic countries, as we all know :)

:))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Not interested in Star Wars ?

( Heavy Breathing) " You are a traitor and a member of a rebel alliance " :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,164MI6 Agent
    The Force Awakens.

Excellent.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    The Right Stuff

Philip Kaufman's entertaining treatment of the true story about America's "Space Race" against the Soviets, to be the first nation to put a man into orbit, and the seven Mercury Astronauts, who were the first Americans in space.

Well-acted by a great ensemble and quite funny in some places (One moment involving Alan Shepard, played by Scott Glenn, is a real gem), but unfortunately a film that outstays its welcome by being too long.

Trivia Note: The producers of this film also worked on the Rocky films with Sylvester Stallone.

7/10
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Watching A New Hope, seeing as I'm in a Star Wars mood after the great Force Awakens!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Layer Cake for a second time and the first time since 2007.
    great to see Bond and Q together, alongside with next Bond Tom Hardy :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Taken 3 " extended cut" , not a big improvement. Such a shame that a
    Brilliant film like Taken, had such poor sequels. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    yes, the first one was really good. but I've never seen the third one so I can't judge.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    It's better than the second, but not brilliant . The story is quite good
    but it's just cashing in on the name.
    13 Sins.
    An interesting story idea. A game which starts of with people being asked
    to do small crimes for money but building to more evil acts. A sort of nasty
    Do you want to be a millionaire ;) The film isn't fantastic but worth a look.
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    I'm going through Marvin's Room, which features DiCaprio, Streep, DeNiro, and Diane Keaton.
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
    Home Alone 2: Lost in NY
    ever year at x-mas time....
    Finished watching Marvin's Room. Loved it and it's def one of my fave DiCaprio movies, as well as Streep movies.
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Carry On Matron. Loving the Carry On box set. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Carry on Screaming is one of my favourites. -{ the little touches
    Such as the Z cas theme playing as the police car pulls up. ;)
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Carry On Screaming from my freshly opened Carry On boxset.

My favourite 'Carry On .... ' movie.

'Frying tonight ' :)) :))
    Charles Hawtrey was brilliant as the toilet attendant.
    I always remember the line about if someone comes
    along to use the toilet, it's like a breath of fresh air. :D
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Carry On Screaming is a classic that stands head and shoulders above all the other Carry Ons.
    "Are you sure those are your feet?"
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    Watching one of the many documentaries on the Carry Ons, I was
    shocked to learn that for Carry on follow that camel. Phil Silvers was
    Paid something like £35,000 while the others like Kenneth Williams
    were paid only £5,000.
    Agreed, but it's funny to hear the many American comedians and
    Comedy actors. Who mention the Carry on films, as part of their
    Childhood and an influence on them.
    I also think they changed production companies, and they thought the
    Carry on films were very " Down market" hence why Follow that, Camel
    and Don't lose your head, originally didn't have the Carry on prefix.
    I'm getting through Glory, and am loving it.
    Scary Movie 3 :)) , I can't help myself. I simply love these zany comedies. :D
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    The Lady Vanishes. Hitchcock version. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,665Chief of Staff
    Whiplash....really only watched it to free up some hard drive space - but absolutely loved it ! I'm not a jazz fan at all and thought that may count against it - it didn't ! Very easy to see why JK Simmons won the Oscar...such a powerful performance -{
    YNWA 97
    Finished watching Glory, loved it.
    Galaxy Quest :
    Haven't seen it in years, still funny and an affectionate bit of Star Trek fun. :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Galaxy Quest :
    Haven't seen it in years, still funny and an affectionate bit of Star Trek fun. :)
    Hey, I just saw you on the 'other' site! You traitor! :v
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I give, and give and give .............. ;)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron:
    Usual superhero fun, some amazing set pieces and special effects. -{
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Avengers: Age of Ultron:
    Usual superhero fun, some amazing set pieces and special effects. -{
    I thought it was okay, but nothing special. The actors were great as always though.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS