Last film seen...

Comments

• MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Watched Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa the other night, was impressed with it, and watched it again the night before last. It's a brilliant little film, and just confirms my thoughts that overall british comedy films are far superior than most hollywood comedies!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Very entertaining and funny with a very well chosen cast and a great soundtrack.
    It's a lot like the first Avengers movie, but set in another galaxy and miles better.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    Watched [Daddy's Home today. Good little film, very enjoyable and had some great bits. Felt it may have originally been a 15 though.

And Will Ferrel's character was named Brad Whitaker!!!!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Just seen the heart of the sea, excellent and a good performance by Ben whishaw
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Get Hard...Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart feature in an occasionally funny (but predictable) film...nice turn from Alison Brie - had to google a few images of her ;%
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
    Really funny film, with some fantastic lines in it. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    "My God Kevin, you really do have the most appalling B.O."

What else, but Ken Russell's cult classic, The Lair of the White Worm.

Incidental pleasures include a before-he-was-famous Hugh Grant and now a before-he-was-famous Peter Capaldi, as the lord of the manor and local archeologist joining forces to investigate the uncovering of a giant worm skull. Then there is the dubbed Catherine Oxenburg.

But the film naturally belongs to Amanda Donohue as the sexy, sinister Lady Sylvia Marsh. Every teenage boy's fantasy, unless the said teenage boy is a sodden hitchhiker called Kevin who fancies his chances.

This is the sort of film late nights on telly were made for.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Amanda Donohue in Lair of the White Worm provokes many fond memories... ;%
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Just finished Shock Treatment, quite possibly the most underrated movie ever made. Seriously, I think it's better than Rocky Horror Picture Show, don't know why it isn't more known (even some RHPS fans don't know of its existence!)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Just finished Shock Treatment, quite possibly the most underrated movie ever made. Seriously, I think it's better than Rocky Horror Picture Show, don't know why it isn't more known (even some RHPS fans don't know of its existence!)
    Is it better than Forbidden Zone? :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Get Hard, ( as Sir Miles stated ) a predictable comedy, but it has a few laughs. With
    a Bond mention, on hearing they were meeting someone with a yacht and a private
    island " Hey, you're working for a Bond villain " :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sorry to say it, guys, but I HATED Get Hard. To me it was just an excuse for 90 minutes of prison rape jokes. . .and they weren't funny jokes at that. Anyway, since I'm here, I just saw another lousy film--with our own Pierce Brosnan--Survivor. A good cast adrift in a poorly-made, confusing mess that barely got a theatrical release. Should have been thrown in the incinerator. Bah. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Finally saw last year's The Theory of Everything, with Eddie Redmayne. A very good picture; reminded me of reading his book, A Brief History of Time. Keeps one's own challenges in perspective ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Sorry to say it, guys, but I HATED Get Hard. To me it was just an excuse for 90 minutes of prison rape jokes. . .and they weren't funny jokes at that. Anyway, since I'm here, I just saw another lousy film--with our own Pierce Brosnan--Survivor. A good cast adrift in a poorly-made, confusing mess that barely got a theatrical release. Should have been thrown in the incinerator. Bah. . .
    Yes I watched survivor over the Christmas period, you are right in was a dreadful film, I was very disappointed.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    IM watching one of my favourite films of all time ,TUNES OF GLORY , starring Alec Guinness John Mills ,and Gordon Jackson to name a few ,a rousing army film about a Scottish regiment ,a must film to see
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    I've seen "Gemma Bovery" starring Gemma Arterton. It's a British/French movie where Gemma and her husband (Jason Flemyng) move to the French countryside. They gradually improve their French and Gemma Arterton does most of the movie in French. The local baker (Fabrice Luchini) gets smitten with her, partly because he identifies her with the litterary character and partly because Gemma Arterton looks better than ever in this movie. I'm not kidding - the movie itself is mildly entertaining, but "our" Gemma looks a million pounds! Much better than in QoS. Just look:

X0xAWum.gifhqdefault.jpg
    Number24 wrote:
    I've seen "Gemma Bovery" starring Gemma Arterton. It's a British/French movie where Gemma and her husband (Jason Flemyng) move to the French countryside. Tehy gradually improve their French and Gemma Arterton does most of the movie in French. The local baker (Fabrice Luchini) gets smitten with her, partly because he identifies her with the litterary character and partly because Gemma Arterton looks better than ever in this movie. I'm not kidding - the movie itself is mildly entertaining, but "our" Gemma looks a million pounds! Much better than in QoS. Just look:

X0xAWum.gif
    o m g
    Yes. I think Gemma wears, not to mention takes off, her trenchcoat much better in "Gemma Arterton" than in QoS.

article-2276334-1776F158000005DC-957_466x620.jpg
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    I've seen "Gemma Bovery" starring Gemma Arterton. It's a British/French movie where Gemma and her husband (Jason Flemyng) move to the French countryside. Tehy gradually improve their French and Gemma Arterton does most of the movie in French. The local baker (Fabrice Luchini) gets smitten with her, partly because he identifies her with the litterary character and partly because Gemma Arterton looks better than ever in this movie. I'm not kidding - the movie itself is mildly entertaining, but "our" Gemma looks a million pounds! Much better than in QoS. Just look:

X0xAWum.gif

"Oh, THANK you, 007!" {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    So that's what she had on under that rain coat. ;)
    Yes :D
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Gemma Arterton :x :x :x
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Have you seen her in Hansel and Gretel ,skin tight leather trousers ,it even put a smile on sir miles face :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    But do they come in his size ? :D
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Have you seen her in Hansel and Gretel ,skin tight leather trousers ,it even put a smile on sir miles face :D

Yes I have! She wears these little denim shorts in Tamara Drewe..... Just off to have a cold shower!
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad

It did...but I still haven't seen the movie :D
    YNWA 97
    Watched Hot Fuzz. Easily one of my favourite comedies. Dalton is great in it, he really doesn't look that much older than he did in LTK - 18 years before!
    We just watched the Blu Ray of Star Wars (steelbook edition) and the Greedo vs. Han scene was handled to our satisfaction (finally!) but the unnecessary Jabba scene was (sadly) still included. The CGI for that is still horrible, but it's a skipable intrusion in an otherwise stellar presentation.
    This is our go-to version now. -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Huh. I thought all blu rays had Greedo shoot first?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Behind The Candelabra...about Scott Thorson and his relationship with Liberace...no idea why this was 'only a tv movie' the US as Michael Douglas is tremendous as Liberace and deserved an Academy Award nomination... -{
    YNWA 97