Last film seen...

Comments

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I'm currently watching some of the Sherlock Holmes movies with B.Rathbone- they're what ai would call classical old movie
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I love the old Basil Rathbone "Sherlock Holmes" films. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    they're the best ones I think :007)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Mark Gatiss ( who helps write the Sherlock TV series) has said they were a big
    Influence on his love of all things Holmes. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I should really give that a try then :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Please do. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I'm a big fan of the new Sherlock series, but I love anything Sherlock Holmes. :D
    chrisisall wrote:
    Please do. -{

promise :)
    I love all murder mysteries, ( no better feeling than solving one) I know they're not in anyway related to
    real detective work, basically a puzzle solving exercise. I've read all the Miss Marple books and a
    few other Agatha Christie stories, watch all the adaptations of her work. Even now watching "And
    Then there were none" on bbc1 . I know the story very well -{
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I saw The Good Dinosaur. It was good (pun intended).

My expectations were low, and earlier that year I saw Inside Out, which I thought was amazing, so The Good Dinosaur I thought would pale in comparison.

I guess it does pale. But it is still a good, entertaining film with some really good morals/lessons. A lot better than what the reviews are saying.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,665Chief of Staff
    Birdman...not sure what all the fuss was about :s too clever for its own good...I was very disappointed :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Birdman...not sure what all the fuss was about :s too clever for its own good...I was very disappointed :#
    Haven't seen it yet but I got that impression.
    :)) Me too, I've avoided watching it, as I feel it would be too
    intellectual for me to make head or tail of it. :#
    Regarding Keaton,
    *he's Batman...* -{
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I've not seen Birdman yet, but have heard about its technical prowess...looking forward to it, just no time yet.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,283MI6 Agent
    I saw Birdman a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it but it was definitely a pretty bizarre movie which really requires that the viewer form his or her own conclusions about what does or doesn't happen. If that sounds strange then you've already gotten the general vibe of the movie. Keaton does give a great performance and his internal monologues with his Birdman alter-ego (a clear nod to his days as Batman) were the highlight of the film for me.
    TonyDP wrote:
    I saw Birdman a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it but it was definitely a pretty bizarre movie which really requires that the viewer form his or her own conclusions about what does or doesn't happen. If that sounds strange then you've already gotten the general vibe of the movie. Keaton does give a great performance and his internal monologues with his Birdman alter-ego (a clear nod to his days as Batman) were the highlight of the film for me.
    I'll take that as a must-see recommendation. -{
    Rise of the planet of the apes:
    I really enjoyed this film ( loved the older ones too) the effects are amazing
    and totally believable, good story and they even managed to slip in a few lines
    from the original movie " It's a madhouse " and " Get your hands off me you
    Damn dirty ape !" :D
    I enjoyed this better than the sequel.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Just saw SPECTRE again this afternoon at Bluewater , it is definitely better the second time around ,sadly Sam Smith ,is still rubbish :D .I did notice in the end (Westminster bridge ) scene, a number 15 bus to Trafalgar square was parked up waiting to cross the bridge ,from the south to the north side, Sadly this isn't the correct route for this service :p (for the benefit of you non Londoners.) :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    :)) I must point that out, when watching it on bluray. ;)
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    'Frozen' with my 3 and a half year old Goddaughter this afternoon. We both enjoyed it and I didn't cry once, honest. Shortly I am off for some fish and chips and when I get back I will be watching YOLT. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    I remember those days, sitting through hours of Telly Tubbies, and
    Various Disney films. You'd get so brainwashed, you'd be outside
    Singing either Disney sings or nursery rhymes about tea pots
    Same goes for that big purple b*stard Barney ! :))
    " I love you, you love me, we're a Happy family "
    :)) I must admit I have been watching quite a few Disney films with her recently. And lets not mention Peppa Pig! I am looking forward to the time when we can watch Bond films together and although that time is years away I have been giving some thought as to what should be her first Bond film! :))
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Sadly both my daughters have no interest in Bond :# Thankfully
    My oldest girl is in to Dr Who and the new Star Trek films. :D so
    We have some common ground.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Been bingeing on my new Bond Blu ray boxset these past few days and watched AVTAK,LALD, FRWL,Moonraker and Goldeneye
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Have you been impressed with the quality of the blurays ? :)
    Sadly both my daughters have no interest in Bond :# Thankfully
    My oldest girl is in to Dr Who and the new Star Trek films. :D so
    We have some common ground.

There is a big probability that my Goddaughter will not like Bond films and I will spend my later years watching 'chick flicks' ahhhh! :))
    Yes, there is that problem. Over Christmas I've endured ( bits off, haven't
    watch them all the way through ) The Holiday, Paper Towns, love Actually
    Wimbledon, and several other chick flicks, I can't name. :))
    They didn't even seem impressed when I explained what a paper town
    was before the film did. ;)
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Have you been impressed with the quality of the blurays ? :)

Yes. The picture is crystal clear. Some scenes stick when transitioning to the next scene though.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I think the early films look amazing on bluray, so much detail.
    I find myself checking out, items on desks and tables, as everything
    is so detailed. :) even the stubble on Connery's face in Goldfinger
    when he meets Pussy on the plane.