Last film seen...

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    chrisisall wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Recommendation accepted; movie ordered. Thanks man! -{
    We could recommend any film and you would order it, Chrisisial?
    No, but I like McG, so this is an easy blind buy. A recommendation here comes with a flash of research on my part and if it seems cool, I am obliged to take action. {[]

Enjoy! -{ I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was. Stylized and clever with the family angle.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Enjoy! -{ I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was. Stylized and clever with the family angle.
    Like Scotty said, "I'll let ya know." :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Murder on the Orient express, was on after The day of the Jackal.
    I love any Agatha Christie stories, but I have it on DVD so didn't
    stay up to watch it all. Although Connery puts in a fine performance.
    " Then there were none" is on over Christmas on bbc1 :)
    It's funny how every version of that story goes with an uplifting ending,
    While the original story had a very down beat one. The 70s remake, had
    Gert Frobe, with an odd high pitched voice. Which in my opion didn't suit
    his larger frame.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    white house down - Channing Tatum, need I say more... :))
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    I enjoyed it and Olympus has fallen. Great over the top shoot me up fun. :D
    Admittedly not night up on acting skills, but big on action.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    and there's nothing wrong with a former stripper saving US-president/ rapper Jamie Foxx :))
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    edited December 2015
    Also running around in a vest was a big tribute to the Die Hard films :)

I wonder why we don't get British versions of these sort of films. I could
    Just imagine 10 Downing street under attack and Prime Minister Dizzee
    Rascal being helped by Britain's top body guards The Chuckle Brothers. ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    Donald Trump commented that he was really impressed by the president in "Air Force One". Here is Harrison Ford's reply:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35059128
    :)) :)) :)) " ...... But how would you know ?" Great last line. {[]
    I saw "Still Alice" last night. It stars Jullianne Moore as a professor of linguistics who gets Alzheimers early in life. First rate acting from Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin and Kristen Stewart. Forget about the Twilight movies, Stewart is shaping up to be a really good actress. In a time of CGI-filled superhero movies it's sometimes great to see a top quality movie about real problems and believable people.
    Also running around in a vest was a big tribute to the Die Hard films :)

I wonder why we don't get British versions of these sort of films. I could
    Just imagine 10 Downing street under attack and Prime Minister Dizzee
    Rascal being helped by Britain's top body guards The Chuckle Brothers. ;)

In all seriousness, I just thought of Sir Sean as a retired agent who had to save a high politician. that would have made a great movie.
    It would indeed {[]
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I watched the Flight of the Phoenix today ,the James Stewart original (not the remake pos) the cast is a Hollywood whos who ,
    Some of the scenes are so emotionally charged ,its hard not to feel the odd tear coming, Attenborough ,is just superb his facial expressions convey more words ,than any spoken dialect.It saddens me to watch films like these ,as we will never see the like of such talent again ,certainly this film would be in my top 10, cast on a desert island .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Agreed, great film.
    I've started watching all the Star Wars films again. -{
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I'm watching whatever Star Wars film is on sky when I can, watched ROTJ two days ago, the last hour of ROTJ last night, and should catch some of ESB tonight. I'm not watching the prequels though, I have better things to do! X-(
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    :)) I'm going through them all. It's fun with the wife constantly asking " who's he again" :D
    not completely but the first hour of AVTAK today...love that movie
    MI: Rogue Nation, wow it was good. SPECTRE level good.
    The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith -{
    Now they're out of the way, roll on the Good Films. ;)
    The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith -{
    Now they're out of the way, roll on the Good Films. ;)

I thought those three got better as they went along...but of course nothing tops the originals. Did you see where Episode VII has topped $100 million in advance ticket sales? Talk about a licence to print money!
    I've been reading it's getting fantastic reviews, -{ . I hope to
    catch it next week. :)
    Just saw MI: Rogue Nation and I have to saw I loved it almost as much as I did SPECTRE. In fact, it's my second favourite MI film now. Tom may be a nut, but he makes some cool movies!
    I will be watching Force Awakens tomorrow, honestly can't wait!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    The Thomas Crown Affair (PB-one): good novie with Brosnan being as elegant and as charming as Bond!
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    The Force Awakens was absolutely fantastic. Saw it at 8am this morning. As soon as I saw the opening titles I had goosebumps. It had everything for me. This along with The Martian, and Rogue Nation as my favourite movies of the year. I went through every range of emotion. It's definitely going to break the box office. I so want to see it again.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
    Force Awakens

Wow. Absolutely brilliant. Possibly my favourite SW film.

And I'm 99% sure Daniel Craig has a cameo!
    Just finished all six Star Wars movies, so I'm up to speed for
    The Force Awakens, hopefully on Monday. :)
    edited December 2015
    I've never really been interested in Star Wars. :o
    As a result I'll probably won't see it in the cinema. This might sound strange, but I hear an isolated tribe in the Amazon I might not see The Force Awakens too. :)
    Number24 wrote:
    I've never really been interested in Star Wars. :o
    As a result I'll probably won't see it in the cinama. This might sound strange, but I hear an isolated tribe in the Amazon I might not see The Force Awakens too. :)

Not strange at all. Denying oneself pleasure is a longstanding human practice :v
    Especially in the Nordic countries, as we all know :)