Last film seen...

Comments

• DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    The Revenant:

Fun film, but it didn't met my expectations sadly. Still a fun watch.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Solace :

Quite a good thriller with two fine actors in Antony Hopkins and Colin Farrell as two
    Psychics, one a killer the other working for the FBI . Trying to catch him. A few twists
    but if you've been paying attention, they're easy to predict ( or I'm psychic ) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    One of my neighbors is a member of the Academy and gets numerous "For Your Consideration" DVDs each year, so every January my wife and I borrow them and binge-watch.

While your neigbour votes the the one with the biggest tits, presumably...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    One of my neighbors is a member of the Academy and gets numerous "For Your Consideration" DVDs each year, so every January my wife and I borrow them and binge-watch.

While your neigbour votes the the one with the biggest tits, presumably...

Ah, so he's into wildlife and our feathered friends in particular :)
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Just saw Deadpool. I know something about the character, but I've never once read the comic and so I can't say if this is faithful to the source. But who cares? The movie is an absolute blast--gleefully foul-mouthed and violent (though pretty tame compared to, say, Kingsmen), with Pool constantly breaking the fourth wall and spoofing superhero-movie conventions. With that in mind, this is easily the funniest superhero flick ever made. . .though Pool keeps saying he's anything but a hero. If you like the genre, you'll like this film.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Thanks Hardyboy! -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I'm really looking forward to it. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I also saw Deadpool last week. Lots of gags (not all hit the mark) but there are so many you'll be lauging out loud several times during the film. Fairly straight forward revenge plot and the pace of the story moves along well. Pokes a lot of fun at the superhero genre and is very self aware of what it is.
    I agree with Hardyboy that you'll see far more gratuitous violence in other films, the action in the first part of the film is the best in my opinion, it could possibly have done with a slightly bigger budget for some of the other sequences. You do actually get invested in the oddball relationship of two lead characters and Ryan Reynolds interaction with the supporting cast is great. I'd recommend seeing this.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,246MI6 Agent
    Watched Legend on my flight from the UK yesterday I thought it was pretty good and Tom Hardy was excellent.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Tom Hardy was great as Ronnie, I don't know who played Reggie. ;)
    That was another actor - also called Tom Hardy strangely enough - must be a coincidence :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    The actor who played Ronnie was fantastic - Oscar material, but he was brought down by the talentless actor who tried to play Reggie :))
    And old Tom gets a mention as a possible Bond, we could get a lot worse. ;)
    A very good actor, but should have been
    -younger
    - taller
    - far less famous

But I suspect he is Barbara Broccoli's type ......
  • DevereauxDevereaux EnglandPosts: 35MI6 Agent
    Sicario:

Superb film, absolutely compelling and completely draws you in. Tension and brilliant cinematography combined with a sublime score gives Sicario a terrific sense of dread and forboding. Easily the best film for me in a very long time.
    Devereaux wrote:
    Sicario:

Superb film, absolutely compelling and completely draws you in. Tension and brilliant cinematography combined with a sublime score gives Sicario a terrific sense of dread and forboding. Easily the best film for me in a very long time.

+ 1
    Reminded me of Michael Mann at his best.
    San Andreas :

Fun, if a little over the top Disaster movie. -{
    The special effects are magnificent. :)
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Guardians of the Galaxy and Ex Machina. Both great.
    Legend - brilliant film - every time I see a film starring Tom Hardy my respect for his acting ability grows more and more. If he was the next Bond I don't think I would be disappointed.
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I enjoyed the first hour or so of Legend (great acting by TH). However found it dragged and got a little tedious as it went on. It ended up more of a personal kind of story thing
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Just saw Deadpool. I know something about the character, but I've never once read the comic and so I can't say if this is faithful to the source. But who cares? The movie is an absolute blast--gleefully foul-mouthed and violent (though pretty tame compared to, say, Kingsmen), with Pool constantly breaking the fourth wall and spoofing superhero-movie conventions. With that in mind, this is easily the funniest superhero flick ever made. . .though Pool keeps saying he's anything but a hero. If you like the genre, you'll like this film.

I saw Deadpool today with my son...I happily concur with Hardyboy...this film is FUN, intelligent and silly all at the same time... -{
    YNWA 97
    :)) Me too -{
    Fast and Furious 7, I've watched it before but it's still tremendous fun, I really love The Rock
    In it, he's so over the top " Alpha Male" . :)
    Unfriended : Didn't like this at all, found it boring a sort of " Blair witch project" for the Skype
    Generation. So if I was a 15 year old girl, I'd probably love it.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Legend ,starring Tom Hardy , this is another film about the twins ,or as most people call them "The Krays" now I wont go into too much detail ,but "the twins " were friends of the family ,and I shall leave it at that,Now they always come across as nice rogue-ish latter day Robin Hoods,but at the end of the day ,they were brutal protection racket thugs , Now Mr Hardy plays the parts very well , but then he could play any part well .An ok film didn't live up to the hype ,its a take it or leave it film for me .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    edited February 2016
    Our man Flint :
    In the mood for a bit of camp 60s spy fun. :D

In like Flint, this morning. ;)
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Philomena: A beautifully acted, thought provoking film starring Steve Coogan and M from those James Bond films. -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Our man Flint :
    In the mood for a bit of camp 60s spy fun. :D

In like Flint, this morning. ;)

I remember seeing these in the cinema as a kid, they were terrific entertainment, I wish they had made more.
    I think the first Flint film was a huge success. Sadly the sequel
    was a big flop, in many ways like the Laura Croft movies.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I think the first Flint film was a huge success. Sadly the sequel
    was a big flop, in many ways like the Laura Croft movies.
    But the second one was funnier!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    :)) Probably the problem, and incredibly sexist !
    And what's wrong with that? :D