Last film seen...

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In the mood for a classic, so watched "The Omega Man " 1971.
    I love the down beat tone of this film -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The 5th Wave,
    Standard teen Alien Invasion movie. Fairly predictable ( with a twist you can see coming a mile off) :))

Deadpool,
    Still a great fun action movie -{ Love the mix of comedy and action.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    In the mood for a classic, so watched "The Omega Man " 1971.
    I love the down beat tone of this film -{
    You love a good cry now & then, eh? :#
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    edited March 2016
    I'm in touch with my feminine side .................. Girlfriend ! :D

I love all the old 70s distopian / horror films. Lovely grainy film, natural lighting, an
    almost documentary feel to them.

This morning I watched "Sherlock Holmes Faces Death " with Basil Rathbone. -{
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Batman v Superman

What a mess. Mostly focuses on setting up other movies, and the fight scene between the two is barely three minutes long. Unbelievable in a 2h30 minute movie.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Batman v Superman

What a mess. Mostly focuses on setting up other movies, and the fight scene between the two is barely three minutes long. Unbelievable in a 2h30 minute movie.

Seems this one is getting hammered everywhere :))

Anybody else seen it??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I have no desire to see it, but a mate who's a big superhero fan said it was
    " Disappointing " :#
    I honestly think these superhero films have run their course!

Iron Man was great, the first two Nolan Batmans were great too - the rest and the crazy sequels are a bit meh to me personally!!

I fear for Star Wars and hope Disney don't come knocking for Bond!!!!!!!

PS - enjoyed half the X-Men also
    I simply think some superhero movies are better made than others.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    While there are some good superhero movies, there are simply too may of them.
    AJB-Man is soon to start production. In any given situation he'll appear to give a Bond quote, or
    point out that Bond "Did it first" :D
    His costume is still to be finalised but green trainers are a given ! ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    AVTAK today on TV. I really enjoy that film.

Me too. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Keeping in with the whole Easter vibe .....

Fast and Furious and GI Joe- Retaliation. Both fun action films. :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,698MI6 Agent
    Yes, Moore was really up against it in AVTAK.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    The Gift.
    A clever physiological thriller. -{
    edited March 2016
    The Gift.
    A clever physiological thriller. -{

Watched on Friday. Not bad at all - dont really see films like this nowadays, reminded me of the 80s kinda style of thriller
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,285MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

An uneven movie with some really good moments and some parts that don't quite work. Ben Affleck (who I've never been much of a fan of) does a great job as Batman/Bruce Wayne, finally nailing both halves of the equation. His appearance and approach to the role are right out of the comics. Jeremy Irons makes a great foil as Alfred, providing much of the film's ironic humor and generally helping Batman all along the way. Henry Cavill takes something of a back seat in this one until the final act, largely reacting to others' actions rather than helping drive the narrative. Jesse Eisenberg is tough to pin down; he captures Lex Luthor's xenophobia and arrogance but also delivers a quirky, tick-laden performance. Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman has a relatively small part and her accent took a little getting used to but she acquitted herself really well in the action scenes and did not seen at all out of place. The action scenes are really well choreographed; a chase involving the Batmobile is spectacular and a sequence near the end where Batman takes out a room full of thugs while trying to rescue someone were the standouts and almost worth the price of admission alone. The final confrontation with a certain Kryptonian abomination was also well done with each hero using their particular strengths and ultimately coming together as a team to save the day. Some of the plot points and attempts at world-building however seem somewhat forced and clunky. I still give it a thumbs up as I think the good easily outweighs the bad, but I do think WB meddled somewhat in trying to fast track their inevitable Justice League movie.

SPECTRE

Watched it again with my brother. This was our third viewing and the film definitely holds up to repeated viewings and we keep seeing more and more little things each time. It's become my favorite Daniel Craig Bond movie and I will miss Sam Mendes if he is done with the franchise as he managed to take it back to something far more familiar and resonant with the Bond movies I grew up on.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    As it's Easter... my two daughter and I watched Hop which was enjoyable. I even liked Russell Brand as E.B. (the rabbit) which was a real surprise.
    My one complaint? There wasn't enough Kaley Cuoco.
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    Red Dawn (2012)
    I liked this remake, plenty of action and patriotism with the nasty N.Koreans and Russians
    invading America.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    The Lego Movie - so many funny funny references to other films in it.
    Dad's Army (1971),
    A great gentle comedy with characters so well known, it's almost like watching
    an old family film. :D
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    The Triple Cross this afternoon on TV starring Christopher Plummer, directed by Terence Young and with Gert Frobe and Claudine Auger ,decent little WW2 thriller.
    The Revenant,
    Visually stunning movie, the opening fight/battle sequence is fantadtic, one of those
    Films to make you appreciate cinematography.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Wots cinematography den?
    It's pointing the camera in the right direction. :D
    Conan The Barbarian, extended (wow, 2 minutes!) cut.
    Still THE classic sword & sorcery movie!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well im watching DR NO at this very mo ,and in the opening assassination scene , Strangways gets shots .whilst getting in to a Harry Potter ice blue Ford Anglia :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I always thought Connery's driving was awful, he was all over the white lines on the road. On his
    Way up to the hills in Dr No. :)
    We just watched Conan The Destroyer on Blu Ray (the DVD was visually horrid) to complete our Conan-fest.
    So much fun! Lots of laughs too.
    If the first Arnold one was its DN, this one jumped to an OP level. A few 'WTF' moments but a solid story nonetheless.
    The more recent Momoa one was just harsh & charmless. No fault of Jason.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I watched the 2nd part of Jack the ripper last night (it was sort of a film ) :D starring Sir Michael Caine ,and mans man Lewis Collins
    (AKA Bodie) :) two names I thought most unlikely to be in the same sentence . Lewis played inspector Avelines side kick sergeant Godley.A very good adaptation of this most heinous case of multiple murders . Again,the same thread seems to pop up ,"The establishment "protecting well the establishment .Some very good points raised in this (film) which would rule out a lone lunatic.So as more than one person was portrayed ,then a conspiracy is in place .I find the whole J.T.R story a fascinating subject ,will we ever know who they where ????
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?