Last film seen...

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Ladies. PLEASE!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    The Martian

Very good but a bit too predictable and in the same vein as other recent space movies
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Mad Max: Fury Road.
    Great action movie, the chases and stunt work are amazing. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Unconscious :
    A very good thriller, along the lines of " Misery" plenty of twists.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    watched Daniel Craig last night , battered leather jacket ,un shaven , swigging vodka straight out of the bottle , putting lots of 9mm bullets into people , laying in bed half naked with some dusky female , running across roof tops, SKYFALL!! no Defiance , a ww2 war film starring our Dan as a jewish freedom fighter , well worth a butchers ,apparently a true story .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I saw the Norwegian film "Birkebeinerene" (The Last King") last night. Don't worry, it has been sold to more than 60 countries, including Germany, the US and India. :D It is based on real kick-ass events during the Norwegian civil war in the 13th century. The heir to the throne is just a baby and has to be smuggled out of enemy territory before he is found and killed. Two Birkebeinere (litterally "birch leggs" - guerillas who fought against the Danes) must transport the royal baby accross the mountains to safety. The movie has has ski chases, people getting stabbed in bloody ways, snow and mountains, beared men (including one awsome beard from GoT), the northern lights, a beautiful blonde, evil Danes - everything you want in a Norwegian movie! If you get the chance, go see it :007)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKbnq_3gL20

birketeaser1000-lav.jpg
    Olympus has fallen :
    Die Hard in the Whitehouse, silly but great fun, last Time I watched it was on
    It's release.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,246MI6 Agent
    Hannie Caulder. A 1971 violent western with a great cast, Raquel Welch, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Culp, Jack Elam, Strother Martin and TMWTGG himself Christopher Lee, Stephen Boyd also turns up in an uncredited role. Worth watching.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Recently showed Layer Cake to my girlfriend; she'd never even heard of it...I hadn't seen it in ten years or so, and was struck by how thin Craigger was...not to mention the presence of Tom Hardy and Ben Whishaw (who were unknowns when last I saw it!) ;% Still and all, a great little picture. I fully expect Matthew Vaughan to get a crack at Bond fairly soon.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Only my opinion of course, but I regard Layer Cake as one of the best British thrillers ever made. -{
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Only my opinion of course, but I regard Layer Cake as one of the best British thrillers ever made. -{

I'm with you on that one. I've never really got into the whole Ritchie-Brit-Gangster genre, but I really do enjoy Layer Cake. A cracking good film! And as Loeffelholz mentioned, such a good cast including a number of people who would go on to become big names.
    I also watched " Angels and Demons " , I do enjoy these thrillers, and I think
    another is due this year " Inferno "
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Olympus has fallen :
    Die Hard in the Whitehouse, silly but great fun, last Time I watched it was on
    It's release.
    have just watched this for the first time and loved it, can't wait to watch the follow up London has Fallen -{
    Looking foreward to it myself -{
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I watched Caddy shack last night ,Rodney Dangerfield just has me in fits ,I then started to watch
    The Warriors ,but sadly fell asleep
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Watched Goldfinger yesterday. It's my favourite Connery Bond film, because it has introduced many aspects of the series that are still with us today. It set the standard for the series.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Finally saw Terminator: Genisys. Sigh: it's time to put this series out to pasture. The film blithely rewrites/reboots the first two classic Terminator films, which is bad enough in itself; but in the hands of Emilia Clarke, Sarah Connor becomes a whiny, petulant pill. Is this the fate of one of the greatest female characters of modern times? Not impryssd. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I then started to watch
    The Warriors ,but sadly fell asleep
    Falling asleep during The Warriors?!?!?!
    I'd not thought that possible... :))
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,246MI6 Agent
    No Escape starring Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan. I thought it was going to be some lightweight shoot 'em up but it is quite an intense action thriller with some good Eastern locations. Well worth a look. PB has been in a lot of decent movies lately.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Theatrical Blu Ray.
    Such a cool flick. But now with the timeline change Wolvie has no adamantium skeleton???/ not cool.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Quantum Of Solace

Highly recommended. Very cool, action-driven and very underrated.

You should try it.

And by the way, it is a James Bond movie even if it doesn't feel like it.

My "last film seen..." is almost always a Bond movie :)) these days...
    Dalton Rulez™
    :)) I'm watching Moonraker now on TV
    Watched.Captain America: The Winter Soldier again last night, I'd forgotten
    How good some of the action sequences were in it :)
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    I watched Malcolm X last night, for the first time in about ten years. Spike Lee's epic is overlong, but Denzel Washington is simply brilliant in the title role. What struck me most, however, is how ironically relevant this 24-year-old film seems today, in light of heightened racial tensions in the US (Ferguson, etc.) and the perverted version of Islam currently serving as the so-called "rationale" for so much global terrorism. It was quite eerie watching scenes of Malcolm's pilgrimage to Mecca and hearing him speak about how Islam and its principles of humane unification were softening certain aspects of his worldview.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    5$ a Day , 4/6.....Walken as a con man

The Oppurtunists , 4/6.....Walken as an auto mechanic turned thief
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Been away for a while and endured a couple of long haul flights which are excellent for catching up on movies:

Creed - a re-run of the original Rocky but I still shed a tear ;%

Victor Frankenstein - Bit rubbish with a very annoying James McAvoy.

Crimson Peak - Not brilliant but saved by the fact future Bond hopeful Tom Hiddleston :x is in it. (Def Bond material if they want less action man style Bond)

Black Mass - Johnny Depp 70's gangster movie. Really enjoyed it.

The Big Short - highly recommend this film. Christian Bale, Ryan Reynolds, Brad Pitt and Steve Carrell. Group of brokers who recognise the housing market is about to crash in the US and make a killing.

And finally ...

Spectre (twice ;) ) ....
    Spectre? .......... I think I've heard of that one. :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Watched Noah this week with Russel Crowe, not impressed at all! And I will be watching fyeo this afternoon :)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Watched Grimsby yesterday, the new film with Sacha Baron Cohen. Very funny in parts, although as a whole less funny than Ali G or Borat, and with Baron Cohen's trademark schoolboy/scatalogical humour.

The PTS however is - intentionally or otherwise - in parts a very amusing send-up of the Skyfall PTS.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Me too - Grimsby is about the same level as The Dictator, maybe slightly less amusing still. Or maybe I'm just getting older :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."