Last film seen...

Comments

• VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    35cmx5g.jpg
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    The Godfather, oranges, a bread and.......... potatoe peelings?
    You can probably tell I'm a gourmet :)
    Number24 wrote:
    It is the Fat Clemenza's pasta! He would not approve of using potatoes :))
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    35cmx5g.jpg

Brilliant!! The Godfather and The Godfather Part II are in my opinion, the two greatest American films of all time :)) :)) -{
    edited November 2017
    Number24 wrote:

The negative of not really having a mafia in my country is the lack of gourmet cooking. Never forget what organized crime has done for American the cinema and kitchen! :D
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

The negative of not really having a mafia in my country is the lack of gourmet cooking. Never forget what organizer crime has done for American the cinema and kitchen! :D
    Have you seen the Netflix show "Lillehammer"? It makes it seem like Norwegian crime families are really into milk and waffles. Both are delightful!
    Of cource I've seen Lillihammer! Many of our crimminals are influenced by foreign culture (Hells Angels, Pakistani gangs etc.), but we have true Norwegian crimminal masterminds too. Here is a major drug lord:

2102532.jpg

Our most hard-core bank robber:
    stavanger-norway-david-aleksander-toska-the-alleged-leader-of-a-group-picture-id71780928?s=594x594
    @number24 I hate to admit it but almost everything I know about Norway comes from Netflix. Every place needs a few good home grown criminals. They both look so nice and normal. The perfect cover.

I have really enjoyed Lillihammer. It is much more quarky than any other mobster movie or show I have seen. They do a good job of making you love/hate everyone.
    I like the series a lot too. Lilyhammer was in fact the first series made for Netflics. People here say that judging by my posts, Lilyhammer is quite realistic :D
    I spent a new years eve in Lillehamer. Very nice and very cold!
    Number24 wrote:
    People here say that judging by my posts, Lilyhammer is quite realistic :D ,
    Are you a fan of Justin Bieber and deer racing? :))
    I'm not a fan of Bieber and I have never seen deer racing :#
    But I have seen reindeer and I did know the Norwegian Biebers (twin boys)
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm not a fan of Bieber and I have never seen deer racing :#
    But I have seen reindeer and I did know the Norwegian Biebers (twin boys)
    Who are the Norwegian Bieber's? I will Google.
    Marcus and Martinus.
    I think they are the biggest popstars in Scandinavia today, but live remarkably normal lives at home.
    They are very cute and make me glad I am no longer 14. According to the video for "Girls" the best way to woo a "10" is with a QR code. Some how I do not think that is Bond approved.
    :)
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Just saw "Allied". Loved it! Have to say the story was very similar to Vesper Lynd in the novel, there were so much similarities! Wouldnt be suprised if Fleming was an inspiration of some kind...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    35cmx5g.jpg

Brilliant!! The Godfather and The Godfather Part II are in my opinion, the two greatest American films of all time :)) :)) -{

I agree 100%! {[]
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The Founder, with Michael Keaton in another outstanding performance, this time as Ray Kroc, who didn't so much found McDonald's as franchise the hell out of it. Let's see--the story of a man who takes over someone else's creation, makes a lot of money on it, bullies and legally manipulates the creators out of their own business and buys them off for a fraction of what the business is worth. . .I was expecting this to end with the main character becoming President of the United States! I kid. This film is good. Keaton deserved an Oscar nomination, but 'twasn't to be. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I saw Morten Tyldum's "Passengers". starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. It can be summed up as "Titanic in space" and it's not a masterpiece, but well worth watching. I liked both the humor and the way it shows isolation and lonelienes. It did strike me: wouldn't it be interesting if the female and the male roles were reversed - Jennifer Lawrence's character woke up first?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    GOLD ,im watching Gold right now,starring Roger Moore ,havnt seen it for years and just noticed its on and im in the mood to watch
    big Rog at work ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Had a bit of a mini Bond marathon today watching
    LALD, TMWTGG and TSWLM -{
    add Moonraker and Octopussy and you have my top 5 favs right there :) -{
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    GOLD ,im watching Gold right now,starring Roger Moore ,havnt seen it for years and just noticed its on and im in the mood to watch
    big Rog at work ,
    recorded it and just watched it, this one Shout At The Devil , Wild Geese, and his first 4 Bonds IMO Rog was at his peak in the seventis -{
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Yesterday I watched live and let die. I like this film and think it is one of the good Bond films.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    Trainspotting 2

Loved it but also had mixed feelings during the viewing but it got better and better as it went on! Did they need to make it!? Not really, some of the scenes were poss over the top - so many flashbacks etc that would generally make a film feel weak due to heavily leaning on the original etc However since the film is really 100% all about old age and nostalgia they kind of get away with it.

I think its a winner though due to the banging soundtrack and some great great scenes (combo of both makes some great viewing with the perfect track selection to match the scene)

Depressing, uplifting, lots of emotion - though prob nonsense if your not a fan of the original! :)

Man - I cant believe its 20 years since I saw it in the cinema when I first left home as a overseas student - great great days of my life hence even more nostalgia for me!!! Kind of the soundtrack for the whole of 1996!

Although the soundtrack is not as great as the original it is pretty damn good - the song from Wolf Alice - Silk is superduper and of course great remixes of Born Slippy and Lust for Life!

Look forward to seeing it on blu ray very much
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I have seen the German movie "Elser", release in some countries as "13 minutes". It's about Georg Elser's attempt on Hitler's life in November 1939. He tried to blow him up, because Elser wanted to stop the then (among many) popular war. Sadly Hitler left 13 minutes before the bomb exploded. Elser tried to escape to Switzerland, but was aprehended. He was shot only weeks before th war ended. As a movie it's solid craftmanship, but it's mainly worth watching for the facinating story.

Another facinating story from true history is "State of Jones" starring Matthew McConaughey. The movie is set in Mississippi during and after the cilvil war. McConaughey plays Newton Knight, who defected from the Confedereate army. He joined escaped slaves and other deserters in a swamp in Jones county. The group led to a large uprising against the Confederates with many local poor farmers joining the rebellion. They ended up proclaiming the Free State of Jones, very much a rebelion against the rich slave-owning plantation owners. This story was completely new to me and very facinating. Gugu Mbatha-Raw plays Knight's love interest and is great and stunningly beautiful in the film. "Free State of Jones" is alright, alright, alright! :D
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The Brothers Grimsby, which I understand is just called Grimsby in its native UK. Wow. Just wow. I went into this with open eyes--I've seen Sacha Baron Cohen movies before, and so I expected the focus on body parts and bodily functions--but jokes at the expense of victims of AIDS and leukemia (OK, Trump was made into an AIDS victim). . .an incredibly long scene involving an elephant penis. . .was the purpose of the movie to make me laugh or vomit? I notice Ian McShane was unbilled. I wonder if it was for shame. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,222MI6 Agent
    Big Game starring Samuel L Jackson. 90 minutes of hokum as Air Force One is shot down in the forests of Finland and a very ineffectual POTUS is saved from the terrorists by a 13 year old boy. There is a short scene that takes place on a farm in Norway which reminded me of Number 24 :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Now I have to see that movie! :D
    I just saw the trailer. When did Lappland grow mountains like that? :))

"Big game" Lappland;

biggame.jpg

Real Lappland:
    clouds-over-landscape-karigasniemi-utsjoki-lapland-finland-picture-id88858681?s=170667a
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Underworld: Blood wars.
    Vampires are still fighting the werewolfs, good enough action film.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."