Last film seen...

Comments

• VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    They really are alarmingly alike :))

Lunch today is Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and a hot dog (in honor of NYC.)
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Home Alone 2 and Skyfall. They are surprisingly similar.

IMG_20170401_101331.jpg

Indeed they are :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sort of connected , but my daughter was working in Edinburgh on Thursday/Friday ,and whilst walking around the city with her work chums ,was slightly worried at the loud bangs she could hear . On further investigation ,the three of them got close to the film set of the new Avengers film ,currently being film up in bonnie Scotland ,and one of the film crew pointed out to them various units of the mobile film equipment ,she was more interested in the star of the film ( I didn't catch his name)
    .so now when that film is released I suppose I will be dragged along to watch it ,and pay to watch it and pay for the popcorn and pay for the pre film Nandos dinner and drive her about in my X3 8-) I think my old mate thunderpussey knows what I mean :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Ghost in the Shell

Last night I saw the live-action remake of the Japanese anime. I can reccomend the anime very highly- it's perhaps the best animated movie made for adults ever made (autocorrect wanted me to write "made for adultery" :))). The remake stars Scarlett Johansson and she's an impressive action hero. She plays the first person with a human brain and a robot body, the Major. The soul or mind is the" ghost" and the robot body is the" shell". The Major is a part of an anti-terrorist/hacker unit. While the plot isn't the same as the original, a few scenes follow it shot by shot. To me that's a treat and the movie doesn't lack creativity. I think Ghost in the Shell is a great sci-fi/action movie well worth watching.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Just got back from France where Netflix has quite a bit more movies on offer than here in the Netherlands. So I took this chance to watch a few of the latest movies like Casablanca and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    'Lawless' with Tom Hardy and Shia Labeouf.

It's the true story of the bootlegging Bondurant brothers.

Quite enjoyed it.

I keep saying I can't see what all the fuss is about Tom Hardy but I keep watching everything he's in !!
    I do find him very enigmatic even though he grunts constantly. ;%
    Peppermill wrote:
    Just got back from France where Netflix has quite a bit more movies on offer than here in the Netherlands. So I took this chance to watch a few of the latest movies like Casablanca and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

"The latest movies like Casablanca and Breakfast at Tiffany's."?
    And I thought the cinemas here were behind the times....
    In a few years you might find even newer movies like Chinatown and The Godfather :))
    I'm watching "Doctor Proctor's fart powder" based on a novel by Jo Nesbø. Highbrow stuff, but still very entertaining :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    A few I've watched ..........

Kong:Skull Island. Great action adventure, really enjoyed it.
    Life: Space Horror and terrific fun
    Ghost in the Shell : it got bad reviews, and it's not fantastic but I enjoyed it. Then again I love
    Scarlet Johansen.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'm just having a little sing-a-long to 'Oliver'
    I watched "The Witch" last night. It takes place in Colonial America in 1630 and the story center almost completely around a family of pilegrimsleden. They have left the pilegrim community because of a disputerer and are now trying to make a living on an isolated farm. Several tragic incidents make them wonder if there is a witch nearly - or indeed if one of them is a witch. The language sounds very autentic to me and the light is natural or from a light source the characters are using. Since much of the story takes place at night it can be difficult to follow what's happening sometimes, but we also get some beautiful and moody shots. The movie is very good and well worth watching. Anna Taylor-Joy who plays the teenage daughter may be a future movie star.
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    The Sound Barrier, the 1952 David Lean movie about British test pilots, fantastic footage of the Supermarine Attacker and Swift as well as the DH Vampire and Comet 1, followed by Strategic Air Command starring the then Colonel James Stewart USAFR basically playing himself flying B-36 and 47s.
    So I just watched "In With Flint" for the first time. It was absolutely amazing! I can't believe I have lived before this. It is terrible and wonderful in a delightful way. Now I want to learn how to talk to dolphins. How did it not occur to me to have this as a life goal before?
    Re-watched Airplane :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Re-watched Airplane :))
    (I have not seen it :# )
    Airplane is one of the great film comedies :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    It surely is... and don't call me Shirley :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Im surfing the TV looking for something to watch whilst chatting to you guys , I cant go out because we have a carpenter in today ,we are having 6 new doors put on. Anyway some one in the TV company planning dept ,has decided in his wisdom to put on The Muppets Christmas Carol ?? ,the stupid part is, some one else in the TV company has agreed with him :s
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    To be fair, it's a classic, AS :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Last night I gave in and watched "Absolutely Fabulous " the movie ............ I wasn't expecting
    It to be great, but was surprised at how bad it was :#
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Last night I gave in and watched "Absolutely Fabulous " the movie ............ I wasn't expecting
    It to be great, but was surprised at how bad it was :#

It was shown on a flight I was on earlier this year. After 20 minutes half the people on board tried to get off, in mid-flight (Ba-dum).
    The Final Counrdown (1980 )
    This was a film I'd always wanted to see and I feel a little disappointed, as it's
    simply an average time travelling story. Which (I feel) cheats the viewer, by not
    Giving us the promised all action ending.
    It does have a couple of Bond connections with Soon-tek ho as a Japanese pilot and
    special visual effects by Maurice Binder.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    The Legend of Tarzan. I'll give it points for addressing the Berlin Conference that divided Africa like a side of beef and for dealing with Belgian atrocities in the Congo. . .but it still comes down to an aristocratic white man saving Africa. Plus it's slow and boring. And when will Margo Robbie stop being ten times better than the movies she's in?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Get Out !
    Brilliant mystery thriller -{ and very creepy in some scenes. Well worth watching
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Just finished watching Juggernaut, a 70's thriller with an all star cast. I forgot that Clifton James was in it and Julian Glover as well.
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    https://youtu.be/6Nxc-3WpMbg
    Trailer for Kingsman 2
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    https://youtu.be/6Nxc-3WpMbg
    Trailer for Kingsman 2
    A villains lair on a snowy mountain? I think I've seen that somewhere before????
    Looks like fun.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    well I did pluck up courage and suggest to my wife we should go and see the new Beauty and the beast film ,im glad I did ,
    I liked it :D
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Probably he best MCU movie to date. Better than the first, and it is just crazy fun, with a lot of risks taken. Plus, Kurt Russel is the best villain in the MCU so far (even better than Loki IMO).
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    ive just finished watching a jolly good English comedy film "The Titchfield Thunderbolt ,a typical jolly hockey sticks film about a small Kent village and a few well minded residents who want to run a local train service ,Its in the same time frame as another of my favorites Genevieve ,post war Britain ,lots of Harris tweed jackets,cavalry twills,paisley ties ,Tattersall shirts ,polished brogues ect ect .The film is spoken in an English language ,that sadly is no longer heard ,you know,no swearing no slang,no American bastardisation of our tounge,and certainaly no sexual references ,a good film to be had