Things to do. . .

124»

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,307Chief of Staff
    11 out of 10, Mr Hat- you've excelled yourself with this one. {[]
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    You did it again Darenhat! {[] I can't wait to see more of your artwork. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Great work darenhat {[]
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    In response to Smoke 13's 'Where to Next' thread in the Literature Forum, it came to my attention that Devil May Care needs to be added to the list of Bond novels.

Since the novel is a 'period' piece, I'm not certain if it should be listed before Gardner's novels, or attached behind Benson as being the latest novel.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    darenhat wrote:
    In response to Smoke 13's 'Where to Next' thread in the Literature Forum, it came to my attention that Devil May Care needs to be added to the list of Bond novels.

Since the novel is a 'period' piece, I'm not certain if it should be listed before Gardner's novels, or attached behind Benson as being the latest novel.

On a purely personal level I think it should be added after the Benson novels - but whatever is decided is good for me.
    YNWA 97
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I know I'm in the minority on here, but could we have a girl smiley please? (or tell me where to get one from, as I know there are other smileys used on here that you can't find under smiley's)

There are quite a few of us girls on here, and I thought it might add something ?? ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I hate to bring it up again and don't want to rush anyone, but will the feature in which every member's "favourite films lists" are averaged up giving us the average AJB rankings of each bond film be made available any time soon?

I know SiCo may be busy and I don't want to rush anyone, but I really do think that would be an awesome feature to the site.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:
    I hate to bring it up again and don't want to rush anyone, but will the feature in which every member's "favourite films lists" are averaged up giving us the average AJB rankings of each bond film be made available any time soon?

I know SiCo may be busy and I don't want to rush anyone, but I really do think that would be an awesome feature to the site.

I don't think there is a need for an average to be displayed for the 'favourite films list'. Just look at my film list and take it as read that that is correct :))

Joking - honest :v {:)
    YNWA 97
    Lexi wrote:
    I know I'm in the minority on here, but could we have a girl smiley please? (or tell me where to get one from, as I know there are other smileys used on here that you can't find under smiley's)

There are quite a few of us girls on here, and I thought it might add something ?? ;)

I see you got your 'smiley', Lexi - I've been told that that image is based on you :007)
    YNWA 97
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I'll be honest it's not top of my list, I can't even think how to do it at the moment. I will though, there's a server upgrade (postponed from earlier in the year) due soon which will advance the server and make my life easier coding wise. Hopefully this will allow me to tweak some things.

It's not a major priority but I do agree it would be a bit of fun, I haven't forgotten it it's just real life and work comes along all too often!

Unless there's someone here who knows PHP fluently who'd like to help?!
    Simon
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I don't think there is a need for an average to be displayed for the 'favourite films list'. Just look at my film list and take it as read that that is correct :))
    eusa_snooty.gif
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    This too probably won't be viewed as a priority, but regarding Jarvio's request, would it be possible to resurrect the idea of ranking each film out of 100 (in response to 10 different questions asking for a score out of 10) and then compiling the results? I always thought that was a great idea. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    To be honest I see no point. Many people's are in backwards chronological order as the, don't know/are too lazy, to have/put it in their proper order
    207qoznfl4.gif
    Dan Same wrote:
    This too probably won't be viewed as a priority, but regarding Jarvio's request, would it be possible to resurrect the idea of ranking each film out of 100 (in response to 10 different questions asking for a score out of 10) and then compiling the results? I always thought that was a great idea. :D

I'm not sure I recall this idea. What are the ten questions? How would it work exactly?
    Simon
    edited September 2008
    SiCo wrote:
    I'm not sure I recall this idea. What are the ten questions? How would it work exactly?
    The ten questions weren't chosen, but I think someone like JFF (Where is he? :'( ) suggested it as a way to rank the films. Each person would use the questions to rank each film, and the films would be given an average score.
    Well if you're interested in compiling the questions (or getting a team to help you) then go ahead. Once you have ironed out the details we can look at implementing it.
    Simon
    SiCo wrote:
    Well if you're interested in compiling the questions (or getting a team to help you) then go ahead. Once you have ironed out the details we can look at implementing it.
    Thanks. :D