Superman Returns

1131415161719»

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    There's an article over at IGN regarding another possible Superman movie. Given Singer's departure to direct a movie for MGM, there are rumors that the next Superman movie may be scrapped in favor of having the character appear in the JLA movie instead. Have a read:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/773/773710p1.html

The site adds that Batman would not be involved in the Justice League film, leaving that franchise separate from both Superman and JLA.

X-( CERVELLI ZOPPI! X-(

It's not the JLA without the World's Greatest Detective. X-(

So is SR2 scrapped because of Singer or has Warner Bros. just gotten cold feet again? ?:)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    Apparently a lot of people took notice of the Superman speculation because just 24 hours after the rumors of Superman and the JLA comes an article in Variety that claims development is definitely ongoing on the Superman Returns sequel. The article still has Singer attached (for now at least). There also are rumors that the villains in the next Superman movie will be Brainiac and Metallo.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/774/774572p1.html
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited March 2007
    I don't know; I can't see Warner Brothers actually waiting on Singer to do some other project (which will take months mind you) while they have such a cashcow with Superman. ?:)

You'd think they'd rush to filming to get the bad taste out of most viewers mouths with well...y'know. 8-)

For me at least, I don't know who's spinning the right info.

I wonder which incantation of Brainiac they'll use for the follow-up? The classic one from comics and Superfriends or the more robotic update?
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -