XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Tony, let's be clear - this is a game where the focus is on MULTIPLAYER. Single-Player just isn't nearly as good. I know you're not a big MP guy, but I think you should try it out.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,288MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    Tony, let's be clear - this is a game where the focus is on MULTIPLAYER. Single-Player just isn't nearly as good. I know you're not a big MP guy, but I think you should try it out.

Oh, I know that MP is where all the action is at; that's why i prefaced my post by saying that I was commenting on the single-player game.

Still, given that I really don't spend enough time on these games, I'm hesitant to go online as I'll probably just get waxed in deathmatch and slow everyone else down in co-op. But I'll get around to it ... someday.

Having said all that, I do wish these developers would show a little more love for the single player game. There are a lot of older gamers like myself who prefer the single player experience and when it comes to shooters, this generation has largely given the single player game short shrift.

BTW, on a totally separate tangent, there are strong rumors that MS is working on a Wiimote style controller for the 360 and that it could debut for the holiday season. I wouldn't mind seeing such a controller, as long as it was optional. It would definitely make certain types of games, like golf, more fun.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I just bought a strategy game called World in Conflict which is basically WW3, and it is awesome. Instead of collecting resources, you fight with a set amount of resources so it is highly tactical. Plus, you can call in airstrikes, artillery, and even a nuke. This game comes out for PS3 and 360 later this year, and comes with my full reccomendations. This is an RTS for the FPS generation, a 20 minute game is plausible, and a blast to play. This game is perhaps the best game I have played in 2008 (ok, it IS the best) and, like i said, I strongly suggest you get it. I am having a blast leveling everything, and nukin some people. I would personally give it a 9.8/10 (some technical details with my graphics card, minor stuff). sorry that was a jumble, but this game is absolutely excellent.
    Tony - Iron Man demo on XBL. Check it out.
    Tony - Iron Man demo on XBL. Check it out.

Thanks for the heads up Night, it's downloading right now. It'll take a while with my DSL connection but I look forward to trying it out...
    Play it more than once. It takes awhile to get used to the controls, but once you do- WOW this game rules. This one just went on my BUY list. SO AWESOME. Dodging missiles like crazy, blowing up tanks and ripping the ends off of helicopters... now only if the demo let me use the Extremis armor I'd be all set.
    Play it more than once. It takes awhile to get used to the controls, but once you do- WOW this game rules. This one just went on my BUY list. SO AWESOME. Dodging missiles like crazy, blowing up tanks and ripping the ends off of helicopters... now only if the demo let me use the Extremis armor I'd be all set.

Just played it...boy was I PO'd when the 10 minute time limit for the demo kicked in. :))

Yeah, the hovering takes a little getting used to but once I got that, I was having a lot of fun with it too. I like how you can redistribute the armor's power and the graphics are outstanding. Looks like you'll also be able to customize the armor's abilities before starting a mission. Day one purchase for me as well. Can't wait for this one.
    I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference when redistributing power. I assume the difference is much greater at higher levels.
    Oh, and Tony, one more question: Can you beat it on Formidable?
    edited April 2008
    Oh, and Tony, one more question: Can you beat it on Formidable?

Probably not. I only tried it on easy so far and it was very managable. My standard MO with these games is to play them at a level that is challenging but still fun and not frustrating, especially while I'm learning the controls. As an admitted "casual gamer" who's reflexes aren't what they used to be, I don't need to beat every game on the highest difficulty available. ;)
    You should try it. I've beaten as much as I can on Formidable. Which means blowing up all the trucks.
    You should try it. I've beaten as much as I can on Formidable. Which means blowing up all the trucks.

Just played it again. I was able to blow up all the trucks on normal; also took out a larger helicopter that was flying away. I've got a bit of a headache from all the explosions so I'll try formidable later.

BTW, in case you're not aware, you will be able to unlock multiple costumes in the game including the Extremis armor. You'll also be able to carry over your armor upgrades from one playthru to the next.
    edited April 2008
    And in the "Where the heck did this come from" category, a Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe fighting game has been just announced for Xbox 360 and PS3. Personally, I don't think these two franchises mesh well together.

Early word is that there are no fatalities. That's understandable given that DC wouldn't want you to be able to tear Superman's spine out; but MK's main draw was always its OTT finishing moves.

Stil, the game is on its way and there's even a video of Batman fighing Sub-Zero. Fighting games aren't my thing and I don't have much interest in this myself, but here's a link for more info and the video.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16262/Mortal-Kombat-vs-DC-Universe-Announcement-Trailer/
    Yeah, I heard about that - weird stuff. I don't think they mesh either. Doubt I'll be picking it up. Highly doubt.
    I was checking some other boards and response to the Iron Man game has been surprisingly negative. Don't know if they just didn't take the time to learn the controls and are complaining for the sake of complaining (most people are also saying the graphics stink)or if we're just hopeless fanboys. While it isn't perfect, I still thought the demo was fun.
    I didn't look at forums, but gaming websites have had positive reviews - both for the gameplay and the graphics.
  • Agent_MAgent_M lost in the speed forcePosts: 353MI6 Agent
    found the trailer for MK vs DC it looks o.k. but no fatals or blood come on thats the whole piont of MK

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7088
    Purvis,Wade...........GRRRRRRRR!

www.scottacademymartialarts.co.uk
    just played the iron man demo. Pretty good I liked the grapple option so you can rip the top off tanks and catch missiles dont know if I'll get it straight away but will pick it up at some point

Agent_M wrote:
    just played the iron man demo. Pretty good I liked the grapple option so you can rip the top off tanks and catch missiles dont know if I'll get it straight away but will pick it up at some point

I was playing it again a little bit last night. You can also grapple helicopters, just fly up to one, get close enough and press "B". Still haven't quite figured out how to catch the rockets - I've done it a couple of times but I'm not sure how I did it.

Seeing as I'm not much of a GTA fan, this will probably be the next game I pick up.
    Throwing back missiles is all about timing. Wait for a missile to just about hit you and then press B.
    TonyDP wrote:
    Agent_M wrote:

I was playing it again a little bit last night. You can also grapple helicopters, just fly up to one, get close enough and press "B". Still haven't quite figured out how to catch the rockets - I've done it a couple of times but I'm not sure how I did it.

Seeing as I'm not much of a GTA fan, this will probably be the next game I pick up.

Im not either tony, but eve I have to say that the next GTA looks "wicked sick" (oh yeah, quake words there). The vehicle physics look nice and the animations are excellent. I cant wait for the inevitable PC port.
    I preoredered GTA IV a month ago. I can't WAIT.
    0064 wrote:
    Im not either tony, but eve I have to say that the next GTA looks "wicked sick" (oh yeah, quake words there). The vehicle physics look nice and the animations are excellent. I cant wait for the inevitable PC port.
    I preoredered GTA IV a month ago. I can't WAIT.

There's no denying that the game is technically very well done. I just never dug these games where you're essentially the "bad guy" doing illegal things. Still, I'll probably give it a whirl at some point. Now that I have Crackdown under my belt, hopefully this wont't seem so daunting.
    Come on Tony- live on the edge sometimes. :))

What's wrong with being a bad guy? There's a reason we all love Scorsese movies, and it ain't because of The Aviator.
    Come on Tony- live on the edge sometimes. :))

What's wrong with being a bad guy? There's a reason we all love Scorsese movies, and it ain't because of The Aviator.

Well, that explains my trouble with GTA right there: I've never seen a Scorcese movie that I've liked. ?:)

I guess I'm just a hopeless boyscout; I even had a hard time going to the dark side in KOTOR.
    Wait. Hold up. You don't like Scorsese?

Tony, I've enjoyed being your friend all this time, but I'm afraid that's all over now. I'm sorry. I can't associate with those who don't like Scorsese.
    Wait. Hold up. You don't like Scorsese?

Tony, I've enjoyed being your friend all this time, but I'm afraid that's all over now. I'm sorry. I can't associate with those who don't like Scorsese.

I just checked out Scorsese's filmography again and noticed that he did direct The Color of Money; I do like that one. I also thought The Last Temptation of Christ was an interesting movie. Raging Bull was also good, if only to see DeNiro and Pesci in something other than a mob movie. But I've never been a fan of gang and mobster movies, so that unfortunately kills a lot of his resume for me.

If that's not good enough for you, then all I can say is that I hope you and 0064 will be happy together. {:)
    I suppose I can let you off this time. But jeez, man, you need to get a little evil in you. I'm surprised RA hasn't helped in that regard. :))
    Except he gets it now and i have to wait a month...or like 12, it will come eventually.
    Help!
    I've just got the three red rings on my xbox I turned it off, unplugged everything then left it for a bit and started it up again. It woke up and worked for about two mins then died again the screen had a wierd red/pink fog over it. anyone else had this? should I unplug everything again or is it dead?