XBox 360 Gamers.

Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
edited February 2007 in James Bond Gaming
If I saw an Xbox 360 on the shelf tomorrow I would buy it. But, I never see any. Does anyone have one and how did you get. Please don't tell me Ebay because I am not paying $200.00 more than I should for it. My daughters boyfriend works at a leading electronics store and he told me when they get them in, they get between 5 and 10. They don't put them on the floor they just go around and ask people in the store if they would like one. Can't Microsoft get these things in the store quicker. I know a lot of people who would buy one, if they ever saw one. Ok I am done ranting.

Comments

• 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I'm trying to get one to. I guess they just sell out really quickly and before anyone who wants one gets one.
  • 00Goldeneye00Goldeneye Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    You want Xbox360 "Premium"? or The Xbox 360 Core , which are $399.99 for Xbox360 "Premium" or, $299.99 for The Xbox 360 Core , but you don't want to waste more than, $200.00!?

The Xbox 360 "Premium", which comes with: Xbox360 system with a Premium chrome finish, Detachable hard drive (20 GB) and Controller: 2.4 GHz Wireless, For.... :o $399.99, but If want to pay less money, then go with the Xbox 360 Core , if you do not want all that stuff that was typed before, you'd only pay...$299.99 for Xbox360 system and Controller: Wired with 3 m/(~9 ft) break-away cable. :s :s
    At the end you have 2 choices:
    US$299.99 (Xbox360 Core)- Green box
    US$399.99 (Xbox360 Premium)- White box
    Wow,..... I think It's Time For My Cocoa.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    You want Xbox360 "Premium"? or The Xbox 360 Core , which are $399.99 for Xbox360 "Premium" or, $299.99 for The Xbox 360 Core , but you don't want to waste more than, $200.00!?

The Xbox 360 "Premium", which comes with: Xbox360 system with a Premium chrome finish, Detachable hard drive (20 GB) and Controller: 2.4 GHz Wireless, For.... :o $399.99, but If want to pay less money, then go with the Xbox 360 Core , if you do not want all that stuff that was typed before, you'd only pay...$299.99 for Xbox360 system and Controller: Wired with 3 m/(~9 ft) break-away cable. :s :s
    At the end you have 2 choices:
    US$299.99 (Xbox360 Core)- Green box
    US$399.99 (Xbox360 Premium)- White box
    Wow,..... I think It's Time For My Cocoa.

Thanks, but I know all that. I would get the 360 premium, but my problem is I don't ever see any for sale. I see them for sale on Ebay all the time, but usually for $500 and up, which I am not paying. Amazing that thousands are sold on Ebay for a premium price, but I never see any in the stores. Something smells bad and I think it is Microsoft's distribution system.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Hey, man, I hear ya. I'm having the same problems, I can't find one! I really wanted to get one when the came out, but, yeah right. So I decided to wait until I could get them easily. But March came, many months after November, and I really wanted one for my birthday (which was last week.) BUT I STILL COULDN'T FIND ANY! Now my birthday has passed and I still don't have one. Microsoft has really messed up. I'm still going to buy one when I find one, but if I didn't want tyhe graphic and sound popwer incredibly, I'd be completely turned off and M-soft would've lost a customer. I'm sure they already lost many.

I actually tried to buy one off eBay a little while after they came out, but I got stiffed. I only payed $50 more than the price while most were going for $300 over their price, but it was too good to be true. Thankfully I got all my money back, but I would've rather gotten the 360!
    I just saw an Xbox360 that was labeled: Xbox 360 Pro System Totally Serious Bundle:

This Xbox 360 Bundle includes the following items:
    Xbox 360 Pro System
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Kameo: Elements of Power
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Dead or Alive 4
    Condemned: Criminal Origins
    Call of Duty 2
    Madden NFL 06
    Full Auto
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    NBA 2K6
    Quake 4
    Peter Jackson's King Kong
    GUN
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
    3 Extra Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
    Play 'n Charge Kit
    Universal Media Remote
    64MB Memory Card
    3 Rechargeable Battery Packs
    All For........ :s :s WHAT? $1,495.76, Who in there right mind, would buy this? Yes, It comes with 14 games and some other stuff, but $1,495.76 ?! Good thing, This bundle offer is only available online! :))
    If you really want to get a 360, Barry, you might just get a Core system. Those are easier to find. But me, I don't want to waste my money on a Core system. I want a premium. Damn you, M-soft!!! :'(
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    The 360's are still somewhat scarce although Microsoft says they should be more widely available by the end of the March. I have seen a few premium and core systems pop up at a couple of Target stores, though they sell thru pretty quickly.

I got my 360 back in December thru toysrus.com (which is basically a portal to amazon.com). Unfortunately, I had to get a bundle consisting of the premium system and 10 games for $1000. A lot of online retailers (amazon, best buy, circuit city) have the 360 in stock but they only sell bundles, not individual units.

If you don't want a bundle, your best bet these days is to regularly check the larger electronics/department stores like Target, Best Buy, Circuit City and CostCo. They do move quickly so it will depend on luck to a certain degree. As the spring wears on and Microsoft gets a better handle on manufacturing they will become easier to find. I'd be shocked if you don't get one by the end of April.

If I may offer a few suggestions/thoughts:

- The premium version is definitely the way to go. The inclusion of a hard drive, wireless controller and hi-def TV cables makes for a substatial savings if you were to buy these components separately.

- To get the most of the 360, you really should have either a widescreen EDTV, an HDTV or a good widescreen computer monitor. All Xbox360 games can run in 16x9 at 720p so a hi-def set is a must to get the most out of the system.

- In case you're wondering, the only James Bond game that is currently backwardly compatible with the system is NightFire. The 360 upscales the game to 720p so it actually looks sharper than on the original Xbox. The other Bond games are not currently backwards compatible.

- If you have a broadband connection, then you'll want to connect your 360 to your network either via an ethernet cable (one is included with the premium package) or the 360 wireless internet adapter (msrp $100). Even if you don't play games online, you can get a free account to Xbox Live to download games, trailers, patches, demos, etc.
    You can also use any other wireless adapters, too.

Oh, if you can't be bothered to check all of your electronics oullets, check xbox360tracker.com to see what is in stock online. Check it often. There are always bundles online, but none are good and the cheap ones all have core systems at the moment.
    You can also use any other wireless adapters, too.

Oh, if you can't be bothered to check all of your electronics oullets, check xbox360tracker.com to see what is in stock online. Check it often. There are always bundles online, but none are good and the cheap ones all have core systems at the moment.

Absolutely, most wireless adapters will work (including the original Xbox adapter). I only recommend the 360 model because seup is a snap, it actually docks to the back of the 360 so it is out of the way and looks like part of the console and best of all it feeds off the 360's power supply, so you don't need an electrical outlet for it. Very well designed.
    Is there any chance that they will be easier to get by June???
    0064 wrote:
    Is there any chance that they will be easier to get by June???

Microsoft keeps saying they should be more widely available by the end of March / start of April.
    Well, Peter Moore said they should be readily available in 4-6 weeks, he said this in February. So hopefully he wasn't b.s.ing and we'll see a large amount of units soon.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited March 2006
    Call me Oliver Stone but I think this is just what Microsoft wanted...to create mass frustration and frenzy to fans unable to obtain one of these. It's an old marketing ploy and with the recent delay of the PS3, Xbox will dangle the string in front of us even more.

Also, it might be a scarce commodity for now being that there were a few bugs seeded into their inaugural models and they're currently working them out.

I'm Xbox faithful but I have the patience to wait for them to go down in price. I've dozens of games now yet to be completed so there's no rush for me...although I salivate to play CONDEMNED.

Besides, I'd be cheating myself having a 360 and no Hi-Def television to bring out the sheer beauty of the graphics...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    Which is why, I'm glad that I'm not an Xbox fan, but Microsoft has gone off the deep end, first of all, I haven't heard much postive "talk", about The 360, unlike the first Xbox, last, I don't think Gates, knows what He's doing, The Xbox 360 was also featured on the cover of Time magazine's May 23, 2005 issue with an article written by Lev Grossman. The cover shows Microsoft chairman Bill Gates holding up one of the units. In the article he says "It's perfect...The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3. Microsoft executive Robbie Bach later clarified this statement, saying "Philosophically the point Bill was trying to make is that we're not just going to ship and not have great stuff coming up." Gates himself later clarified that "Halo 3 will ship when Bungie is ready."
    Riiight...
    Why is that even an issue? He wanted Halo 3 to ship when Sony launched the PS3, but that couldn't happen, so he took it back, because Bungie wants to make the best game possible. What is wrong with that?

I've heard a number of good things about the 360, and I've played Call of Duty 2 a good amount on my friend's 360. It is fantastic, and looks great on his non-HD. I can't wait to play it on my HD projecttor with the speaker setup.
    edited March 2006
    Which is why, I'm glad that I'm not an Xbox fan, but Microsoft has gone off the deep end, first of all, I haven't heard much postive "talk", about The 360, unlike the first Xbox, last, I don't think Gates, knows what He's doing, The Xbox 360 was also featured on the cover of Time magazine's May 23, 2005 issue with an article written by Lev Grossman. The cover shows Microsoft chairman Bill Gates holding up one of the units. In the article he says "It's perfect...The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3. Microsoft executive Robbie Bach later clarified this statement, saying "Philosophically the point Bill was trying to make is that we're not just going to ship and not have great stuff coming up." Gates himself later clarified that "Halo 3 will ship when Bungie is ready."
    Riiight...

I'm not sure what you've been reading but the 360 has gotten a ton of positve reviews. As someone who is lucky enough to actually own one I can tell you that it's a pretty amazing piece of equipment. Also, most of the Xbox360 launch titles have gotten 8's and 9's in reviews, hardly bad by my estimation. I've already bought about 11 games for the console and they look amazing and play incredibly well. Games for the 360 fly off the shelf (the just released Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter sold 240,000 copies in a matter of days, not too shabby if you ask me).

About the only knock you can lay at MS's feet is that they have been unable to get more units into the stores. For that they do deserve to get beaned. But to say that it's not getting positive spin and to knock MS for sales rhetoric is unrealistic and unfair. Every other videogame manufacturer is guilty of the same thing. I'll never forget when Sony said the PS2 was capable of "Jurassic Park" quality graphics when it launched. Now there's a gem for you.
    Good point on the game scores, TonyDP. Most of the games have been reviewed very well. There haven't been any real stinkers. There hasn't been a real Halo, but I'd rather have the great stable of games like PGR3, GRAW, CoD2, Kameo, Fight Night 3, etc.
    Look like Microsoft's saying there will be an influx of 360's by month's end...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/697/697390p1.html
    I hope that prediction is better than their statement that Vista their new OS would be available this year.

If they show up on the shelfs, I will buy one.
  • somethingsomething Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    man i'd just wait like a year or two till the price and hype goes down man i was playing goldeneye on n64 up until last year when i finally got a ps2 and the thing was like $110.00
    I hope that prediction is better than their statement that Vista their new OS would be available this year.

Microsoft and delays go together like ice cream and apple pie. But seeing as the PS3 has been delayed until November it would be in MS's best interests to get as many units out ASAP. This is their golden opportunity to really make some inroads into Sony's turf.

When you do get that 360, make sure to send me your XboxLive handle. -{
    TonyDP wrote:

Microsoft and delays go together like ice cream and apple pie. But seeing as the PS3 has been delayed until November it would be in MS's best interests to get as many units out ASAP. This is their golden opportunity to really make some inroads into Sony's turf.

When you do get that 360, make sure to send me your XboxLive handle. -{

Will do.

The, you kick my a** at some game. I'm not the best shooter, but I am a great driver.
    Tony, I've got Live on my Xbox. You want my gamertag? I mean, I don't play much since I rarely play Xbox since I'm waiting for the 360, but I'll keep my gamertag when I get a 360.
    Tony, I've got Live on my Xbox. You want my gamertag? I mean, I don't play much since I rarely play Xbox since I'm waiting for the 360, but I'll keep my gamertag when I get a 360.

Absolutely, I'll PM you mine as well. I'm not on live much either (it's quite humiliating being waxed by a 12 year old who's overdosing on Mountain Dew) but I'm sure I'll have more fun with some Bond fans.

And Barry, I'm heavy into driving games as well so we'll have to hook up (don't worry, I'm not that great either). Make sure you get Project Gotham Racing 3 when you get your 360. Highly recommended.
    I just wished that the Xbox games were transferable to the 360 for play. I hate that with a passion... :#

Me too, RA! I would really have liked to sell my Xbox, but NO!

RA, how often do you go on live? We've never played, but we really should! I'm gonna wait until I get a 360 though, because my PLantronics headsset broke. Stupid friends... X-(
    Me too, RA! I would really have liked to sell my Xbox, but NO!

RA, how often do you go on live? We've never played, but we really should! I'm gonna wait until I get a 360 though, because my PLantronics headsset broke. Stupid friends... X-(

I was on Halo 2 and Doom 3 Live last night and now I've gotten into Fight Night Round 3 (some guy from Philly beat the cr@p outta me) and The Warriors. Both really great games.

I hate Doom 3 multiplayer. Halo 2 is fun, although I've gotten so much worse than I used to be. Halo 1 is my game.
    I'm gonna wait to get Fight Night Round 3 for the 360.
    Can't wait to get mine B-Day present in June. And it seems, from everything I've heard, that finally, Microsoft is getting their act together, and will have plenty very soon.
    They said they should be getting supply up even as we speak, meaning this week.