XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Not at all. I want to play as Snake looking a few years older than in MGS2, which I loved, not 40 years older!

There is a game like that... oh yeah MGS:3.
    Missed the last question... and the answer is, SAM FISHER.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'm gonna say Snake. Snake is just so awesome, and lives in a fantastic world. Sam is cool and all, but Snake could kick his arse.
    I'm gonna say Snake. Snake is just so awesome, and lives in a fantastic world. Sam is cool and all, but Snake could kick his arse.

I dunno, Fisher is pretty tough. OH, he lives in a pretty cool world as well, though not as visually tasty as Snake's.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Honestly...I'm torn. I mean I wouldn't mind emulating either one. Their both are so awesome.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    Snake gets Meryl. Fisher gets... Lambert. :p
    Snake gets Meryl. Fisher gets... Lambert. :p

Their skills, Night...Not their personal lives. :))

I know, I know. But Snake can dodge bullets, and it much more limber than ol' Fisher. He's got the inviso technology, which could beat a sticky shocker any day
    edited April 2006
    The new MGS has Snake looking just as ancient as Sam so it's an even playing field. :)) ...

He is looking OLDER than Sam, but I'm comparing Sam to MGS2 Snake.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    The new MGS has Snake looking just as ancient as Sam so it's an even playing field. :)) ...

Well, they were never what you'd call "ladies men". Sam is beet up and snake is missing an eye.
    0064 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Well, they were never what you'd call "ladies men". Sam is beet up and snake is missing an eye.

Oh...in that case...

"I'll take the gray hair and both eyes for two hundred, Alex". :))

http://justinteague.com/blog/wp-content/images/tn_Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Who do you guys think kicks more butt? Sam Fisher or Snake?

*** WARNING: MGS RANT FOLLOWS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

You know, I never got the whole MGS/Solid Snake thing. Now, this has nothing to do with and Xbox/Sony fanboy issues (after all MGS2 was on the old Xbox). First of all, Snake is a shameless ripoff of Snake Plissken from Escape From New York. He even sounds like him and has the same last name.

And, Snake notwithstanding, the storylines in those MGS games make absolutely no sense whatsoever! I remember playing MGS2 and having to wade thru screen after screen after screen of inane conversation with Otacon. And what about Raiden, the JarJar Binks of videogames himself ?? And what was that whole story with his girlfriend ?? And how about all those goofy (spy vampires!!!???) characters with their powers and invulnerabilities that conveniently just vanish at the appropriate time ?? And just who are the patriots ?? And what was with that level in MGS2 where Raiden was running around naked ?? And what's with the goofy musical chairs demo for MGS3 ??

If you timed the actual cinematics in the last few MGS games, you'd quickly realize that you spend more time watching than you do playing. Kojima-san needs to take a course in coherent storytelling.

*** MGS RANT ENDS HERE ***

Whew, that was a bad one. Ok, I feel better now. In case anybody isn't sure, for my money, Sam Fisher wins hands down.
    You sure you got that all off of your chest, Tony? :))

RogueAgent wrote:
    You sure you got that all off of your chest, Tony? :))

For a minute there, I felt like Mr. Furious from Mystery Men. rage...Taking...OVER!!!! :))
    Snake isn't missing an eye. I'm talking Solid Snake, not Big Boss Snake.

What? There's a difference? :s

Seriously?

Geez, guys, pay attention. Big Boss, who is Snake in MGS3, is the big daddy, literally. He has 3 clones of himself- Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake, and, our hero, Solid Snake. This is the Snake from every other game, including MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4. Why he is so old in MGS4 is because, since he is a clone, he ages much more quickly than regular humans.
    Man, they sound all like wrestlers or something...:s

Like the Moondogs. :))

"Big Boss Snake has him in a piledriver, he tags Solidus Snake off of the ropes...and Jake The Snake sneaks from under the ring and clubs him with a chair! Oh, my!"

RogueAgent wrote:

What? There's a difference? :s

Seriously?

However, if i recall correctly, snake, like his dna donor, is missing an eye.
    He may be in MGS4, I'm not sure, but in MGS2 he most definitely has both his eyes. I'm pretty sure in MGS4 he has a cybernetic enhancement to replace his eye, hence the modern eyepatch. I guess it is like the crosscom from GRAW, except an eyepatch.
    In MGS3, he does not have both eyes FYI.

Meanwhile, I am devistated. Farcry Instincts Predator got a 7.9 and apparently the gameplay isn't very good. Then, the graphics, which look outstanding only got a 7/10. BTW, this is only from gamespot, which is the onlyplace I go, so if anyone sees a positive review,let me know. Either way, I'm pretty ticked.
    IMO, 7.9 really isn't that bad. I own games that rate much less that and I enjoy them unconditionally. I mean really, are game critics any different from movie critics sometimes?

0064 wrote:

Meanwhile, I am devistated. Farcry Instincts Predator got a 7.9 and apparently the gameplay isn't very good. Then, the graphics, which look outstanding only got a 7/10. BTW, this is only from gamespot, which is the onlyplace I go, so if anyone sees a positive review,let me know. Either way, I'm pretty ticked.

That's pretty much what it's getting everywhere. The problem with the game is that it's largely a port of the Xbox game from last year. While it looks and plays well, I think a lot of the reviewers are disappointed that the game doesn't take more advantage of the 360's power. If you haven't played the Xbox version, I think you'll still enjoy this one alot.
    More signs that the 360 drought might be coming to an end...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/699/699883p1.html
    0064 wrote:

As I said before, while they look the same, the Snake of MGS3 and the Snake of MGS2 are different. MGS3 Snake is his daddy.
    TonyDP wrote:

Hmmm...cool. Whats this about an XBox 360 HD TV. Do you need a certain kind of HD TV to play????
    edited April 2006
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

Hmmm...cool. Whats this about an XBox 360 HD TV. Do you need a certain kind of HD TV to play????

The "HD" in the article refers to the removable hard drive. The premium 360 comes with a 20 gigabyte removable hard drive; the core unit does not have one (although you can buy it separately and plug it in). The hard drive is neat because you can use it for game saves and other fun stuff. If you get Xbox live (even the free Silver account) you can download games, demos, trailers, videos and other stuff to the hard drive as well.

The 360 itself will work on any kind of TV (even standard non-hidef TV's).
    So you don't need one of these HD things?
    Speaking of Snake & Sam, I got a little reminiscent for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I'm playing Live now...and I cannot believe there are gamers still online playing this version after 3 years.