XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,283MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    0064 wrote:
    So you don't need one of these HD things?

Nope, you don't need a harddrive. You can get by with a 64MB memory card to save your games.

But consider this. a 64MB memory card costs about $40; a 20GB hard drive costs $100. Now, what would you consider the better value?

Also, just as an FYI, if you're thinking about buying a core system be aware that it comes with a wired controller and a standard A/V cable. The premium comes with the hard drive, a wireless controller, an A/V cable that works with either standard or hi-def TV's and a headset. That's a lot of value for the extra $100.

Regardless of which way you go, the base 360 console is exactly the same.
    I never played SC:PT. How did it compare to the original or Chaos Theory?
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    TonyDP wrote:

PT outranks the original only from the extent that you can play online. And that's all I've ever done with it. I think the AI, in story mode, is a little sharper than the first one too. Got killed too much so I left story alone. :)) I never played Chaos T yet.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    How much is the premium...Is there a site where I can find out about all of thisstuff.
    0064 wrote:
    How much is the premium...Is there a site where I can find out about all of thisstuff.

You mean Xbox? Live?

Never mind, I found out what I needed to know...but I want to clarify. The "hardcore" system that comes with all of the goodies is $400 right?
    Yeah. I believe so.

RogueAgent wrote:
    Yeah. I believe so.

Hmmmm...thats cheapper than the PS3...the 360 is looking better and better.
    Oh, another question. How exactly does the old XBox-game thing work, do you download them or what?
    edited April 2006
    0064 wrote:
    Oh, another question. How exactly does the old XBox-game thing work, do you download them or what?

In order to play old Xbox games on the 360, you need a hard drive connected to your 360 (another reason to go with the premium ;) ). You also need to be connected to Xbox Live (this won't cost you anything as you can get a free Silver account).

Then, all you do is pop the game in the 360 and the console automatically downloads the necessary emulator to play the game onto the hard drive.

You can also get the emulators from the xbox.com website and burn them to a CD but that involves a lot more steps and is a pain.

If you want to know more, or are curious about which games are backwardly compatible, go here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilityqa.htm
    RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

PT outranks the original only from the extent that you can play online. And that's all I've ever done with it. I think the AI, in story mode, is a little sharper than the first one too. Got killed too much so I left story alone. :)) I never played Chaos T yet.

You really should try SC:CT. I played the original and this is infinitely better. For one thing, you can save anywhere, even in the middle of a mission. Also the graphics are unbelievable and the gameplay is very open ended. You can go all stealthy, take an aggresive approach, or go somewhere in between. I'm pretty sure the game is going for $20 these days so I'd urge you to check it out. And it's backwardly compatible so you'll be able to play it on your 360 when you get it as well.
    Thanks, Tony. I think I will check it out. :)

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I might look into SC:CT as well. I've been wanting to for quite awhile, but I just haven't yet.
    Sam F. is uber-cool. But I can't be stealthy with him in story mode to save my life. :))

I think what it is for me is the excitement of getting caught or something, y'know? Sometimes I'll get right there ready to pounce on my potential mark and I'll start giggling and become hesitant. I love the secret-like rush SC often brings. :)

rogue, didn't your doctors tell you about those meds... :))
    0064 wrote:

No. :))

I'd better stop taking them while playing this then shouldn't I?

I'm playing it now and it's just so funny that I'm about to knock this guy out while he's whistling.

Ahhh...life's little pleasures.

RogueAgent wrote:
    0064 wrote:

I'm playing it now and it's just so funny that I'm about to knock this guy out while he's whistling.

That actually does sound like alot of fun... :))
    0064 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    0064 wrote:

That actually does sound like alot of fun... :))

All of the bad guys on guard, who're supposed to be hardcore killer/terrorists are all programmed with this stupid little whistle that makes them come off as dorks...really. :)

If I don't take them out right away, it gets funny.

It's funny until they start shooting at you, anyway. But hey, if you were guarding a dark corridor all alone for hours, you'd probably whistle, too. Probably wouldn't stand there flexing your biceps and grunting.
    You know you're busted when they start playing that tense action music and they all yell: "Who's there?"..."It was nothing..."

Yeah... brings back memories... I'm terrible at SC because I have very little patience for those things.
    OOoooohhh...that farcry game looks sooo good. That is the game that will probably cause me to buy a 360. That and that "other" game called Halo 3. 8-)
    0064 wrote:
    OOoooohhh...that farcry game looks sooo good. That is the game that will probably cause me to buy a 360. That and that "other" game called Halo 3. 8-)

If you've never played Far Cry before I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Also, once you get your 360, you may want to check out Halo2 (it can be found for $20-$30 new). The game is backwardly compatible so it plays on the 360. And if you have a hi-def TV, the 360 even upscales the game to hi-def resolutions so it looks like almost like a next-gen title.
    Yeah... brings back memories... I'm terrible at SC because I have very little patience for those things.

One of the neat things about SC: Chaos Theory is that it lets you save anywhere. So, if you're going into a very tough section, save right before it in case you screw up. It's a real time saver. I traded my copy in a while ago but I might just buy it again to see what it looks like on the 360.
    TonyDP wrote:
    0064 wrote:

If you've never played Far Cry before I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Also, once you get your 360, you may want to check out Halo2 (it can be found for $20-$30 new). The game is backwardly compatible so it plays on the 360. And if you have a hi-def TV, the 360 even upscales the game to hi-def resolutions so it looks like almost like a next-gen title.

Oh, and Halo 1 is also backwards compatible.
    Never played farcry before. The map-editor looks really cool.
    I just saw Fight Night Rd. 3 on a 360...

Incredible.

I'm weakening...

I really want to see that in action. I heard it looks incredible.
    On the regular X it's great but I saw it on the 360 today and it's indescribable. On HI-Def, the boxers' sweat actually looks like it's coming off screen.

XBOX PROPAGANDA NO NO STOP OK OK OK OK OK OK OK I'LL BUY A 360, JUST DON"T KILL ME!!!!