XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Thought I'd mention how AWESOME Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the 360 is. It looks amazing, sounds amzing, and it feels like you are really in the battle! So intense... my favorite part so far was when I was on my way to the US embassy to pick up the Mexican president when the place explodes. I ran with my team over to see what happened, thankfully the president was still alive. And then the great part came. A huge number of troops started towards the embassy, and my team and I took up places so we could pick off what we could. There was the problem of an enemy M2 Bradley firing rockets at us, as well as the massive amount of soldiers. It seemed like they wouldn;t stop coming. I was hiding for dear life behind a waist high gate. One by one my team members died, I couldn;t help them, because if I did, I would get shot down. My health was as low as it could be, and I ran out of ammo in my assault rifle. I took out my pistol and killed as many as I can. Soon, a helicopter arrived, took out the Bradley, I was able to kill the remaining troops with my pistol. I took the president and we re evacuated by the heli. AWESOME. You have to play it to see how tense everything gets- constantly ducking behind cover, things blowing up all around you, bullets whizzing past your head... WOW.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the heds up on RTCW, was an awesome game. About GRAW, Night, you hit it right on. I have a friend who owns this game and i have played it a few times and it is soooooo coooool. I really like the HUD with your allies view of the game, very cool.
    I've been playing a lot of online multiplayer today, and it is pretty awesome.
    I've been playing a lot of online multiplayer today, and it is pretty awesome.

For GRAW? I need an XBOX360. June needs to come faster. Is anyone going to buy an 360 and a PS3? Or how about a PS3 at all?
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Has the PS3 even dangled potential games that might debut when the console hits stores? I know GOW2 is one...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Has the PS3 even dangled potential games that might debut when the console hits stores? I know GOW2 is one...

Actually, GOW2 is coming out for the PS2; but since the PS3 will be backwardly compatible it should play there as well.

There haven't been any formal game announcements that I'm aware of; just a bunch of tech demos. I'm sure we'll be hearing more at May's E3 video game expo.
    Have you tried, Tony, to even attempt to put your old Xbox discs in your 360 to see what happens? I mean will it read or just eject it? I'd have one a lot quicker if it did.

Wait, THE PS3 IS BACKWARD COMPATIBLE????????
    0064 wrote:
    Wait, THE PS3 IS BACKWARD COMPATIBLE????????

Yup.

Hmmm...might go that direction instead of an Xbox360...however, i will need to see some games that are good being made and are fun. Otherwise, forget it.
    edited April 2006
    It's tempting for me, I'll admit but I'm one of the X-Men...

edited April 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Have you tried, Tony, to even attempt to put your old Xbox discs in your 360 to see what happens? I mean will it read or just eject it? I'd have one a lot quicker if it did.

Oh sure. If the game is backwards compatible (like Black, lets say) and your 360 is connected to the internet, the console goes onto Xbox live, downloads the latest emulator if it needs it, and fires up the game.

If the game is not backwards compatible, you get a screen telling you that fact and instructing you to remove the DVD.

There is a list of Xbox backwardly compatible games at www.Xbox.com. Here's a direct link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Microsoft's newest emulator works really well. I was playing Black the other day and the emulator actually bumps up the resolution to HD levels and the game plays perfectly smoothly. There are some notable games missing from the list (like Doom) but supposedly, Microsoft will continue to make more Xbox games BC with the 360.
    edited April 2006
    0064 wrote:
    Hmmm...might go that direction instead of an Xbox360...however, i will need to see some games that are good being made and are fun. Otherwise, forget it.

According to Sony, the PS3 will play most PS1 and PS2 games.

However, I would be very careful about investing in a PS3 right away. Sony is notorious for releasing hardware with precious little software and then letting the console languish for months. They did it with the PS2 and the PSP and I have no reason to believe they won't do it with the PS3 as well. They are already touting how it will play high definition Blu Ray DVD's.

In the long run I'm sure the PS3 will have some stunning stuff, but out of the gate, well let's say I hope Sony does better this time around.

The Xbox360 on the other hand has a ton of great software already with more coming in all the time. By the time June rolls around there should already be well over 50 games available.
    Thanks, Tony. There's hope yet. :)

Well, according to a source, I found out that by 2007, there will be about 100 games for PS3. I am being defeated by the PS3. I will buy one...
    Man, are you fickle... :))

RogueAgent wrote:
    Man, are you fickle... :))

and thats the way I like it... :))
    0064 wrote:
    Well, according to a source, I found out that by 2007, there will be about 100 games for PS3. I am being defeated by the PS3. I will buy one...

Another poor soul falls before the Sony hype machine. :'( :))

Seriously though, if you're enjoying your PS2 then I can understand why you'd want a PS3. In the long run, Sony will probably have more games for its console.

Still, I'm in the same boat as RogueAgent; I'm something of an Xbox man and there is a ton of great software out for the 360 already. I picked up Top Spin Tennis over the weekend and it is a blast. Of course, if the PS3 does come out with some stunning stuff, well let's just say there's still an open slot on the back of my TV. :v
    I'm with you Tony. I'm loving my 360, and I loved my Xbox, but if the PS3 really IS that much better... sure, I'll get one. If my parents let me that is. ;)
    Its kind of like the od "fort kids" and "train" kids" rivalry, if you have heard that analogy. I'm a Sony man, and you guys like the XBox. however, I will be the first one to admit, there is some excellent software for the 360. And, from where I'm sitting right now, I haven't really made up my mind about which one to get. The fact that I can play my ps2 games is appealing, nonetheless the fact that I can get an XBox360 right now is very appealing...
    There are obviously pros and cons to both. I'm just waiting to see the PS3 in action before I make my final judgement- the Sony hype machine is pretty impressive at fabricating reality.
    Well, look at the trailers for some of the games...I see great graphics in its future.
    But you never know what is pre rendered. The Killzone trailer looked great, but that was pre rendered, even though the Sony execs LIED and said that it was real. MGS4 looks pretty fine, though, and that IS real time. But then again, Gears of War looks amazing, too.
    Ahhh...MGS4, th first game I will buy if I get an PS3. It looks awesome. Also, killing day and that offroad game (though that might be pre rendered)...nonetheless, if I get a 360, I want to get farcry instincts predator...
    I actually don't like MGS4 because I wouldn;t want to play as Snake as an old man. That doesn't appeal to me at all.
    OLD MAN???? More like rough and ready veteran my friend... :)) Nonetheless, he is a little old...
    He looks like he is 80! Not cool. I don't want to play as grandpa Snake.
    He looks like he is 80! Not cool. I don't want to play as grandpa Snake.

Now the XBox 360 propaganda is kicking in... :))
    Not at all. I want to play as Snake looking a few years older than in MGS2, which I loved, not 40 years older!
    Who do you guys think kicks more butt? Sam Fisher or Snake?