XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I've heard that Msoft has been fantastic about defective 360's.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I haven't tried watching movies using the PS2, but my son has and he always gets mad because they stop playing about half way through. I don't why he continues to try, but he does. Anyway for all my above reasons I am going to give the Xbox a try.

BTW. I also read Microsoft will come put with an add on for a HD-DVD add on.

My son said to say Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a really cool game.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    I haven't tried watching movies using the PS2, but my son has and he always gets mad because they stop playing about half way through. I don't why he continues to try, but he does. Anyway for all my above reasons I am going to give the Xbox a try.

BTW. I also read Microsoft will come put with an add on for a HD-DVD add on.

My son said to say Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a really cool game.

I had a lot of fun with the original Star Wars Battlefront; it was one of the few games I really enjoyed playing online. I'll definitely be trying out BF2 when the price comes down.

By the way, I'd been meaning to ask: you said you enjoy playing NASCAR for your PS2; are you a fan of the sport as well or just the game?
    Battlefront 1 was classic. I didn't purchase BF 2 because I'm still hoping they'll release it for the 360. But it was awesome in the demo.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Played the demo last week. I loved it.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    Hey guys, my 360 should be here on Tuesday. I'm SO EXCITED! I thiknk I'm going to get Ghost Recon AV and Project Gotham Racing 3 first.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, my 360 should be here on Tuesday. I'm SO EXCITED! I thiknk I'm going to get Ghost Recon AV and Project Gotham Racing 3 first.

Good for you Night, have fun. Go easy on Tony and Rogue.
    Haha, hopefully I can assemble some skills by the time we play. Guys, how late can you play tonight?
    Guys, how late can you play tonight?

Gee, Night...let me run and ask my wife... 8-)

Seriously, I'll have to watch The Sopranos and Big Love tonight first. We can do something afterwards though... Halo or Doom?

I had sent TonyDP a chat invite earlier today but he was entrenched with some game called...Oblivion? Not sure of that.

edited March 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:

Seriously, I'll have to watch The Sopranos and Big Love tonight first. We can do something afterwards though... Halo or Doom?

I had sent TonyDP a chat invite earlier today but he was entrenched with some game called...Oblivion? Not sure of that.

I've returned from Oblivion! No, it's not where Bond is going after CR; it's a new RPG for the 360; very good game; tons of stuff to do.

I never got your invite or a notification you were online; my 360 is supposed to tell me stuff like that even if I'm playing something else. I'll have to check my settings.

Monday is a workday for me so I'll probably be turning in by 10:30pm EST. But I'm game for some Halo2 just about any day this week after 6:00pm EST.

Night, did you get my friend invite? I sent one out a few days ago but still no response as of today.
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I've returned from Oblivion! It's a new RPG for the 360; very good game; tons of stuff to do.

I never got your invite or a notification you were online; my 360 is supposed to tell me stuff like that even if I'm playing something else. I'll have to check my settings.

Monday is a workday for me so I'll probably be turning in by 10:30pm EST. But I'm game for some Halo2 just about any day this week after 6:00pm EST.

Sounds good to me, T! :)

Looking at my box it states that it was sent...

I never recorded a message though...

RogueAgent wrote:
    Sounds good to me, T! :)

Looking at my box it states that it was sent...

I never recorded a message though...

I don't play online much so I'll bet I screwed up some notification setting. Pick a day and time and LMK.
    You're on.

I haven't turned on my Xbox in a few days, Tony, I'll go and check it right now. I can usually play whenever, so just post here when you wanna play and I'll turn on the 'box.
    GOT MY 360 TODAY! AWESOME! I need to go out and buy games, but until then, I bought Marble Blast Ultra and Geometry Wars Evolved. I LOVE it so far, can't wait to get some real games!
    GOT MY 360 TODAY! AWESOME! I need to go out and buy games, but until then, I bought Marble Blast Ultra and Geometry Wars Evolved. I LOVE it so far, can't wait to get some real games!

Those are both great games. At only $5, Geometry Wars is a steal and ultra addictive. I can get to around 100,000 points pretty easily but after that I usually die within seconds.
    My high schore so far is around 70k. I'm getting a little better and a little better.
    edited March 2006
    My high schore so far is around 70k. I'm getting a little better and a little better.

Practice, practice, practice. Somebody actually has a score of over 3 million. :o

BTW, I just played a little Burnout Revenge 360 online. That's another fun racer. It's faster and more arcadey than PGR3; but PGR3 has real-life physics and cars that are modeled to amazing detail.

You can't go wrong with either one of those and if you want to try before you buy make sure you download the demos on Xbox Live.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I want an XBox360. Wahhhhhhh... :'( :'( :'( :'(
    Congratulations, Night. Enjoy! I'll catch up and purchase one by Christmas hopefully to compete on that tier with you and Tony. :)

I hope to get one in June for my b-day. Looks like PS3 is going to have some trouble making $ though I'm sure they'll do fine.
    Although I won't buy one, the PS3 will do just fine. They have their followers just like every other console.

Yeah, it will sell in Japan. It is like a cult following.
    They have a pretty big following in the states, too. They'll do fine unless they launch at some ridiculous amount like $600.

Tony, I actually enjoyed the Full Auto demo. I see how it could because tedious, but I found it to be quite entertaining.
    Hey , Night, still have the same Friends list?

Yessiree, I do. And now I have a headset!
    Yessiree, I do. And now I have a headset!

Did you get my voice message? That was the first one I ever tried sending. The microphone really changes my tone though.
    edited March 2006
    [double post. please ignore]
    edited March 2006
    *sigh*

The power of X...

We'll all have to schedule a Halo game, guys...That is if you don't mind competing against a "geezer" console. :D

December isn't that long off, I guess...

edited March 2006
    RogueAgent wrote:
    *sigh*

The power of X...

We'll all have to schedule a Halo game, guys...That is if you don't mind competing against a "geezer" console. :D

December isn't that long off, I guess...

I should be home by 6:00est tonight. And at 40, I'm not exactly spry myself.