XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I hate Doom 3 multiplayer. Halo 2 is fun, although I've gotten so much worse than I used to be. Halo 1 is my game.
    I'm gonna wait to get Fight Night Round 3 for the 360.

It won't matter I think, Night. Live is still Live...of course your view will be much nicer.

Go and get FNR3 and we'll hook up.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Can you play FNR3 with an Xbox 1 and a 360?
    Can you play FNR3 with an Xbox 1 and a 360?

I think it's still Xbox Live especially if you keep your gamertag and credit card info. Isn't it? ?:)

If not, I'll have to amass another list of Live friends. It took me like forever to get the ones I already have...

Same XBOX live, but I think different games.
    edited March 2006
    Well I know I have you and TonyDP(and he has a 360) as Xbox friends... I thought maybe there was the slightest chance we could play online if we had the same games... ?:)

I do know that when I get a 360, all I have to do is transfer my info onto it as if nothing happened.

We can all play Halo 2
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    I think Halo2 is the only game where Xbox and Xbox360 owners can co-mingle. All other games are platform specific so I don't think that somebody playing FNR3 on 360 will be able to go against somebody playing it on the Xbox, could be wrong though.

I haven't played Halo2 in ages but I'm up for a game; I'll have to see if we can lock it so no 12 year old outsiders with a caffeine addiction can intrude.

Nightshooter, I got your PM. I'll send you a friend invite tonight.
    TonyDP wrote:
    I think Halo2 is the only game where Xbox and Xbox360 owners can co-mingle. All other games are platform specific so I don't think that somebody playing FNR3 on 360 will be able to go against somebody playing it on the Xbox, could be wrong though.

I haven't played Halo2 in ages but I'm up for a game; I'll have to see if we can lock it so no 12 year old outsiders with a caffeine addiction can intrude.

We'll all have to schedule a game in the near future then eh, Tony? ;)

Give me a heads-up when. I'm game.

RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

We'll all have to schedule a game in the near future then eh, Tony? ;)

Give me a heads-up when. I'm game.

I'll fire up Halo2 tonight and see how badly my skills have deteriorated. Maybe we can shoot for this weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening) ? Nightshooter and Barry Nelson (any anybody else), you guys game?
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I sure would, nothing I would enjoy more than being trounced by you guys. Sad to say, right now I have PS2. As I said before, the day I see a 360, I will buy it. Then you all can take turns killing me or knocking me out. But if you gloat too much, I will secretly put my 16 year old son on to defend the family honor. :)
    Yeah, weekend sounds good. I won't have a working headset, cause mine broke (both of mine actually... stupid friends) but you'll all probably beat me. I've gotten so bad recently!
    You can still probably hear us swearing through your set, Night. Well, me at least.

On Halo 2, I'm easy pickings. Doom 3 is an entirely different story... :D

I have Doom 3, but I've played it online all of... once. Didn't like it much, ut I'm up for a schooling!
    Good. We'll make arrangements this weekend to hook up hopefully...

But not when Hustle's on... ;)

GUYS GUYS GUYS! HEAD on over to Bestbuy.com, they have Premium systems available, not in a bundle. For MSRP! IN STOCK! I just ordered one. GRAB 'EM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! That means you, Barry. ;)
    edited March 2006
    GUYS GUYS GUYS! HEAD on over to Bestbuy.com, they have Premium systems available, not in a bundle. For MSRP! IN STOCK! I just ordered one. GRAB 'EM BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! That means you, Barry. ;)

Way to go! Congrats and I hope you enjoy the 360!!

When you get the 360, make sure to try out Project Gotham Racing 3. In addition to being a great racing game, one of the first cars you can buy is a white Lotus Esprit. It's a dead ringer for the car from TSWLM and the info on the car in the game even mentions that it was in a James Bond movie.

As for the weekend battle, as of right now, I should be home after 7:00pm Friday, and after 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. I'll be checking this forum to see if you guys are around.
    WHOA! I mean, I was definitely gonna get PGR3 as I loved the last two, but I had NO IDEA there was a white Esprit in it AWESOME! You sure it is an S1 or S2 and not a newfangled ugly Turbo?
    WHOA! I mean, I was definitely gonna get PGR3 as I loved the last two, but I had NO IDEA there was a white Esprit in it AWESOME! You sure it is an S1 or S2 and not a newfangled ugly Turbo?

I'll have to fire up the game again but I'm pretty sure it's the 1977 model. Also, all the car cockpits are 3D modelled so when you play from the in-car view, you see the car's genuine steering wheel, gauges and dashboard. Even the engine sounds are authentic. Well, at least I think they are, I've never owned a Lotus :)
    So cool, man, so cool. I'm sorry to report that Best Buy, or bestbuy.com, is now sold out of their 360's. Sorry to anyone who missed their chance.
    A big thanks for trying to alert me to the 360's, Nightshooter. By the time I got there they were all sold out. Doesn't matter though, you made the effort and I appreciate it.
    So cool, man, so cool. I'm sorry to report that Best Buy, or bestbuy.com, is now sold out of their 360's. Sorry to anyone who missed their chance.

Nightshooter, my bad on the Lotus Esprit; it's the 2004 edition. Still, it is a white Lotus. Close enough for me.

So did you get your order in on time?
    I think so. I have an order number. I hope they don't send me an email saying oops, sorry, we didn't update the site quickly enough, you actually missed out, but I doubt it. They probably programmed in a certain number in their inventory, and when that was sold out, it said sold out. So I'm pretty sure I got one. I should get it sometime next week!
    I think so. I have an order number. I hope they don't send me an email saying oops, sorry, we didn't update the site quickly enough, you actually missed out, but I doubt it. They probably programmed in a certain number in their inventory, and when that was sold out, it said sold out. So I'm pretty sure I got one. I should get it sometime next week!

If you got an order number then you should be in good shape. As you said, they control the inventory pretty tightly and don't usually oversell these types of items.
    I'll be so upset if I missed out. I'll probably call up Best Buy and yell at them for a nice long amount of time. ;)

Sorry you missed out, Barry. I'll keep looking. If you want to, I think I mentioned XBOX360tracker.com before, but if I didn't, sorry. Check it out, they list what is available.
  • SPECTREagent-1SPECTREagent-1 Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    I'm holding out hope for the PS3. It's supposed to make quite a splash from everything I've read. At least I hope it does.
    Sony's a very big hype machine. I'm actually excited about what they can deliver, although I'm an Xbot. We'll see in November what happens.
    Yes I am an Xbot, too but I have heard many good things about what the PS3 will offer consumers this go round.

This holiday season will be considerably prosperous for both companies I'm sure.

Read an article in the Wall Street Journal today that said one of the reasons for the PS3 delay was Sony realized they were behind Xbox in several areas and need to add somethings. The thing they are most behind in is online gaming. They are going to try and copy what Microsoft has set up.

We have had Playstation and Playstation 2 and I would like to try the Xbox this time around. I hear good things. Also Sony made me angry when one of the Playstation stopped working. When I called factory service the first thing the guy did was ask me to read all the serial numbers off all the accessories. Turned out one of the controllers wasn't an official Playstation controller so they wouldn't honor the warranty.
    edited March 2006
    I'm very curious about the PS3 but I'm also a little suspicious. Frankly, the PS2 and PSP launches were very disappointing to me. Even though the hardware was very powerful, there was precious little quality software for each system avaialble at launch and for months thereafter.

The PS2 came out with a handful of good games and then nothing; Sony touted the DVD playback capabilities for a long time while developers labored get a handle on the system and get the games out.

With the PSP, again Sony released a couple of very good games then the software dried up and Sony spent the next several months touting the UMD movie format instead of games.

Now along comes the PS3 with the promise of being able to play hi-def Blu-Ray DVD movies. That's all well and good but what about the games? I still haven't seen any real game footage, just a bunch of tech demos. I'm sure the PS3 will be a powerful console but a lot of developers are already complaining that it's very difficult to program. And there are rumors that it will retail for $500 or more. I can really see Sony using PS3 to get Blu-Ray players to the home thru the back door as it were and neglecting the games.

As such, I'm taking a wait and see approach on the PS3. If the games are there and the system is reasonably priced then count me in, otherwise I'm sure my Xbox360 will keep me busy.

EDIT: Barry, for what it's worth I had two PS2's die on me. I bought one at launch; the DVD drive died a year later. I bought another one after the first one croaked; again, almost a year to the day later the DVD crapped out. I havent' touched a PS2 controller since. I also bought a PSP when it first came out; after about a month the analog nub and one of the buttons were already starting to stick. I traded it in before in got any worse. Sony's track record for hardware reliability isn't the greatest; another reason to be very wary of what Sony does with PS3.
    edited March 2006
    That sucks, Barry.

For great customer service on these consoles, Nintendo beats them both. I got a Gamecube for my son last Christmas with a faulty controller upon registering it. Even after I had replaced the system I let Nintendo know about it and they sent me another brand new controller, with apology even though the item was returned to the store where I got it.

That's how you keep a customer happy.