XBox 360 Gamers.

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    0064 wrote:
    There is not one in my town. Has anybody heard of a company called Piggyback.

You mean the Piggly Wiggly? :))
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I thought you said you had a Gamestop AND a Gamecrazy... maybe I'm going crazy. :s
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I thought you said you had a Gamestop AND a Gamecrazy... maybe I'm going crazy. :s

Might have said that, but I was wrong...it is in the town nextdoor, meaning just south.
    0064 wrote:

Might have said that, but I was wrong...it is in the town nextdoor, meaning just south.

Then hop into that BMW of yours and get going. ;)

RogueAgent wrote:
    0064 wrote:

Its notmy BMW, its my parents. In a few weeks I will have my license. :D

Then hop into that BMW of yours and get going. ;)
    Then do it in a few weeks! :D
    Then do it in a few weeks! :D

Trust me I will. :v Does any XBoxers have any FarCry games?
    Can't say that I've ever heard of that one.

It is a FPS and it is a great game, not to mention it is EYE CANDY!!!!! Look it up at your favorite gaming website. It is soooo cooll.
    So we're talking war game here?

Yes and no. It is you vs. a billiion mercenaries trying to kill you. However, you are superhuman. It is alot like Halo and recieved ratings like Halo from many of the reviewers. It isssssss soooooo coooolll.
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    0064 wrote:
    It isssssss soooooo coooolll.quote] Is it as cool as let's say... AVTAK? Is it on the old Xbox or is it on the 360? If it's on the Xbox is it backward compatible on the 360? You've gotten me intrigued 0064.
    Is it as cool as let's say... AVTAK?

Rydilin... 8-)

RogueAgent wrote:

Rydilin... 8-)
    Talks about JFF being on a drug he's not on for no reason. 8-)
    Old farcry is on XBox. New one came out YESTERDAY for XBox360. You can create your own maps to play on, drive anything from hovercrafts to hangliders. You can set traps using things in the environment, do stealth attack with a pocket knif...the list is endless. JFF, go to gamespot and look at the pics and the movies for the old game as well as the new one.
    I'll make sure it makes my get list this fall...when I get my 360. I'll look for the regular version this weekend.

I hope to get it too when I get mine. However, it is rated M and I'm not 17...yet.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I'll make sure it makes my get list this fall...when I get my 360. I'll look for the regular version this weekend.

Just want to mention that the Xbox demo of Far Crym not the new updated one, was very fun. The Xbox 360 game got a 7.9 review at Teamxbox.com, but I still may get it anyway.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    0064 wrote:
    Old farcry is on XBox. New one came out YESTERDAY for XBox360. You can create your own maps to play on, drive anything from hovercrafts to hangliders. You can set traps using things in the environment, do stealth attack with a pocket knif...the list is endless. JFF, go to gamespot and look at the pics and the movies for the old game as well as the new one.

I had FarCry: Instincts for the Xbox. The game was a very well done first person shooter with some vehicle levels thrown in.

The first person segments were good with some very realistic terrain but the enemies were poorly rendered. About half-way thru the game your character develops feral abilities so you can either play it as run-n-gun or go Wolverine on the baddies. The vehicles were pretty innovative. The hang glider was a little tricky but still fun. The game did come with a very good level editor and the online multiplayer modes were fun. It was M rated because of profanity and violence.

Now, as for the 360 version, I haven't played it myself but all the reviews say it is identical to the Xbox version but has HD resolution and better water effects. There are also a few bonus missions (Far Cry: Predator) thrown in to the 360 version. Some people I chat with who have played it pretty much said the same thing.

All in all, the game was a lot of fun but the later levels did start to get tedious. Also, because the entire games takes place on an island, your locations were not too varied: you were either in the jungle, on a beach, in some ruins, or in the occasional laboratory complex. You could only save at certain checkpoints and towards the end of the game the checkpoint locations got further and further apart, which meant replaying large sections of a level if you got killed. The new 360 version also uses checkpoints for saves.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Rydilin... 8-)
    Talks about JFF being on a drug he's not on for no reason. 8-)

Can you compare FarCry with something else other than AVTAK? You could have said anything...Half Life, Halo; etc. Why that? :))

Because I had to. Speaking of Half-Life, I was playing Half-Life 2 last night and might start playing Half-Life again.
    Because I had to. Speaking of Half-Life, I was playing Half-Life 2 last night and might start playing Half-Life again.

Speaking of which, please tell me if HL2 is worth the purchase. I've been getting mixed reviews on it.

Well I for one found it extremely enjoyable!

Is it as good as say...AVTAK? :D

RogueAgent wrote:

Speaking of which, please tell me if HL2 is worth the purchase. I've been getting mixed reviews on it.

I had HL2 for the Xbox; I got around 80% thru then I lost interest and sold it back.

Technically, the game is very well done with great graphics and a very good physics engine. There are some very long driving levels where you pilot a hovercraft and a dune buggy (both are equipped with machine guns). The FPS action is also well done with a with a varied catalog of weapons. You can also save your progress anywhere (all games should let you do this).

My problem was that in spite of its technical prowess, the game just couldn't hold my attention. The firefights with the enemies were very boring and never got interesting. It was just wander around, come across some monsters, kill them, wander some more, and repeat. I would get bored very quickly and could nevery play it for more than 1 hour at a time. Also, a lot of the levels had very little ammo so if you missed a few shots, chances were you'd have to try it again because some weapons were not effective against some enemies. Also a lot of the locales were very mundane (abandoned towns, long stretches of desert, derelict houses) and not very visually interesting.

I had the same problem with both Half-Life games. They are well made but the art style and pace of the game were not to my liking.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Is it as good as say...AVTAK? :D

:D :)) :D :)) :D
    Yes it is good as let's say... AVTAK.

Or not...Has anybody heard of the Series RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN? Are they making any more games in that series?
    edited April 2006
    0064 wrote:

Or not...Has anybody heard of the Series RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN? Are they making any more games in that series?

Ah, good old Wolfenstein. The original Wolfenstein 3D is a classic and truly the grandfather of all the modern FPS games.

In answer to your question, IGN had an article back in October about a followup to Return to Castle Wolfenstein being developed by Raven Software. Here's the link, though there's been no news since.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/656/656099p1.html
    TonyDP wrote:
    0064 wrote:

Ah, good old Wolfenstein. The original Wolfenstein 3D is a classic and truly the grandfather of all the modern FPS games.

In answer to your question, IGN had an article back in October about a followup to Return to Castle Wolfenstein being developed by Raven Software. Here's the link, though there's been no news since.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/656/656099p1.html

Ahh yes, Tony. I really enjoyed Wolfenstein myself. Classic play.