Bond girl for #22

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Lights, makeup, acting...she'd do fine, age-wise IMO.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Unless it's been mentioned before ....

Saw a showbiz spot in todays Metro, that Shilpa Shetty is in talks with Bond Producers for Bond 22 .... so that the franchise will have more appeal in Asia.

I'm sure James Bond is pretty well known in Asia any way.

Actually here's the online link, oh and apparenly the next film is Bond 23

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=61235&in_page_id=7

From me a big No.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I've just watched the special features on Paul Verhoeven's Black Book. There's an interview with the film's beautiful star, Carice Van Houten, and she comes across as being smart and wickedly funny. I think she'd make a perfect Bond girl. Maybe not for 22, which seems to be a direct follow-up to CR, but maybe for Bond 23.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Here is some new english talent: Romola Garai!

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0304801/

Pictures:

http://caps.desert-sky.net/dd1_110.jpg
    http://www.kfilmu.net/obrazky/herci/romola-garai.jpg
    http://www.gportal.hu/portal/angyalkaversei/image/12.jpg

Yes, I read empire magazine too. She is very talented and beautiful, I hope they can persuade her into doing a Bond film.
    Some video clips:

Yes, she was in Dirty dancing: Havana nights.
    The wart in a very good CV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvlALUrE9iA

A slideshow:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0Rs9zF2SE
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Here's an interesting article

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=37369

Is this reputable?
    Thoughts on an Latina Bond Girl for Bond22
    Any possible candidates?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Ties in with a fan report about Puerto Rico being a location for Bond 22. Nice. :)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    Someone on the "Rope of Silicon" website picked up on the story of a Latina Bond girl, and has suggested Catalina Sandino Moreno, who starred in Maria, Full of Grace:

Very lovely, though in a couple of shots I Googled you'd swear she was Katie Holmes!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • jboyjboy Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    edited September 2007
    How about Paz Vega.

I challenge anyone that didn't fall in love with this woman if they watched 'Spanglish'...

paz-vega.jpgNote: Tried to get your image to appear, but it won't. Sorry, JB. HB
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    If they do, indeed, go the 'Latina' route, I hope it's the main Bond girl, and not the secondary one. That would be a welcome deviation from the norm...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    jboy wrote:
    How about Paz Vega.

I challenge anyone that didn't fall in love with this woman if they watched 'Spanglish'...

Well, actually, Paz Vega is from Spain, so she isn't really Hispanic. Still, if EON cast her she'd follow in the tradition of Eva Green--being a woman who bared it all (and then some!) before appearing in a Bond flick.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I know very little about Hispanic actresses, but So far Paz Vega is the best candidate to fit that dicription we read. She isn't latin american, but she is latin and her husband is from Venezuela. She can probably pull off a very convincing accent. She has good, distinctive looks. She has a good resyme. She has been in a few american movies, but she isn't overexposed.
    A total unknown (in the english-speaking world)who looks even hotter (boy, I'm greedy!!) would be better. Still, the best so far.
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Personally I think Catalina Sandino Moreno would be perfect.
    I think Paz Vega is too tall for DC's Bond and she looks too 'unnatural' whereas Catalina Sandino Moreno looks very down to earth and natural, more convincing and so better suited in my opinion.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
    I think Catalina Sandino Moreno looks a bit too "down too earth". I saw "Maria full of grace" and I loved it, but I don't think Catalina is Bond girl material. Paz Vega doesn't look "unnatural" to me, whatever is ment by that.
    She doesn't look unnatural in the Denis Richards sense of the word....
    Hmmmm. . .didn't we have this discussion about Eva Green a while back? Not pretty enough, not glamorous enough, etc., etc. Based on Ms. Green alone, I think the producers may consider "down to earth" the new model--no more unobtainable, impossibly beautiful and unapproachable Bond girls: long live the flesh-and-blood Bond woman who can act!

Anyway, Number 24, I notice you're from Norway, and maybe "Latin" has a different connotation there. . .if Barbara Broccoli really and truly wants a Latina actress, then she's talking about a woman from Latin America or who is an American of Hispanic origin, not a European actress who will play a Latina (not that, in the end, it won't be Paz Vega or someone from Europe). But tuhmato, tomahto, it's all academic--Ms. Sandino Moreno and Ms. Vega are both suggestions by fans. Who knows where Broccoli and co. are looking. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    All good points, Hardyboy. And if they find an actress as perfect as Eva Green was for Vesper somewhere in south/mesoamerica I will be a very happy boy. But I want to remind you of Robert Davi who played the latin american drug lord Sanchez in LTK. Even columbians believed he was from Columbia (Istimus is a made-up latin american country), even the accent was accurate to the post code. But Robert Davi was born and raised in New York ....
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    I'm fine with them choosing a Latino. But I hope they do better than they did with Lupe in LTK. She was boring and useless IMO. They need someone with a good personality and good acting skills. But, I agree that they need to find a real Latino for the job.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Now I feel bad, because I love Lupe. But still I think a good Latino character has to be feisty, something Lupe lacked at times.

One thing Im relieved about is that they havent gone for big named actors, ala Halle Berry. Which is good, because this could be J-Lo's only chance to get in a Bond movie and hopefully it wont happen
    Talisa Soto (Lupe) is/was a rocket....

but not a strong actress.
    Georgiboy wrote:
    I'm fine with them choosing a Latino. But I hope they do better than they did with Lupe in LTK. She was boring and useless IMO. They need someone with a good personality and good acting skills. But, I agree that they need to find a real Latino for the job.

Spaniards have the look, language and style og latinos. They're pretty much the same blood.
    Look, I don't mind the slightest bit if they find a hot latina with good acting skills. I'm just saying; being spanish should'nt disqualify Paz Vega.
    Number24 wrote:
    Georgiboy wrote:

Spaniards have the look, language and style og latinos. They're pretty much the same blood.
    Look, I don't mind the slightest bit if they find a hot latina with good acting skills. I'm just saying; being spanish should'nt disqualify Paz Vega.

Couldn't agree more.

I'll try one more shot....

http://paz-vega.topwomen.org/

c2.jpg
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    I, like others, did fall in love with Paz Vega while watching Spanglish, so I would be very happy to see her in Bond 22. She would be a huge improvement over Eva Green.
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Paz Vega is very attractive. I wouldn't mind seeing her in Bond22.

How about a Cuban-American actress? I'm thinking about Tessie Santiago.

BTW, there are usually 2 girls in a Bond film, so what about the "other" girl role? My suggestion for the producers would be to look at Natassia Malthe if they want to fill a sexy-but-deadly femme fatale role.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited September 2007
    jboy wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Georgiboy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

I'll try one more shot....

http://paz-vega.topwomen.org/

c2.jpg

Yes indeed!I've loved Paz long before she ever made an English language film(check her out in Sex and Lucia).Paz is a very good actress and is probably "earthy" enough and "real" enough if those are the new standards for today's Bond Girl--but as this picture shows,she's also drop dead gorgeous.

Perhaps I'm shallow, but I'm not above admiting that I like my Bond women to be among the most beautiful and desirable females to ever appear on the screen.

The James Bond films are always fantasies--even the supposedly "realistic" ones-- so hopefully Eon will continue the tradition they began in 1962, and keep giving 007 some ladies who are absolute stunners to play off of.I don't believe for an instant that good looks and acting talent need be independent of the other.

For whatever it's worth,here's another vote for Paz.
    Paz Vega is very attractive. I wouldn't mind seeing her in Bond22.

How about a Cuban-American actress? I'm thinking about Tessie Santiago.

Wierd word, "Cuban-American".
    Are you USA-American?
    Have you noticed how Eva Green and Paz Vega looks a bit like eachother? Just look at the last posted picture of Paz. They're both about 160 cm tall, curvy, have long and dark hair, long and narrow face and often uses heavy dark eyeshadow.
    If Paz is cast in Bond 22 (and let's not forget the big IF), this should be commented on somehow in the film. Something about how Bond subconciously choses a women that looks like Vesper.
    Number24 wrote:
    Are you USA-American?

Unfortunately, a good number of Americans sport hyphens: African-American, Asian-American, Latin American, etc. I have to agree that they sound weird and I think this hyphen mania has contributed to a weakening of national identity in the U.S. That said, these hyphenated designations are widely recognized and understood in America, which is why I pointed out that when Babs Broccoli was talking about a Latin American actress she clearly didn't mean a Spanish one. Oh, and, yes, Paz is hot, but Willie G. should have added that Sex and Lucia definitely isn't for the kids. . .what Paz does in that movie makes Eva Green's antics in The Dreamers look tame by comparison!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Number24 wrote:

Are you USA-American?

No, I'm actually Asian-American.
    There is nothing wrong with using these hyphenated designations. They are widely accepted in the US, as Hardyboy pointed out.

I also disagree that Paz Vega looks like Eva Green. Perhaps the heavy make-up that Paz was wearing in that photo suggested a similarity to Eva Green (as she was in CR), but if you see Paz in Spanglish, you'll see that she doesn't look like Eva (Paz looks better, IMO).
    You don't get my point. Asian-american is logical because it says you are ethnicaly asian and live in America. That also goes with most hyphenated american labels. Latin-american is also logical because because the person is of latin origin ,signifying a person of southern-european ancestry who lives in America. But what is Cuban-american? If a person is Cuban there is no reason to ad that he/she is american, because Cuba is an american country! It's like saying someone is canadian-american, USA-American, argentinian-american or in my case ... norwegian-european ...
    edited September 2007
    I think we are getting into a deep discussion of semantics here, but anyway, here is the Compact Oxford English dictionary definition of "latin american":

Latin American:

• adjective: relating to the parts of the American continent where Spanish or Portuguese is the main national language.

• noun: a person from this region

So a person from the South American region, which in your definition, would also consist of "american" nations, can properly be called latin-american. I don't see the difference between that scenario and my calling Ms. Santiago a Cuban-American actress (in fact, this adjective is used by several Web sites in describing her). She is of Cuban descent, and lives in the US and is a US citizen. I think that's all that is implied in the adjective "Cuban-American".