What song are you listening to?

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Not Without a Purpose - The Street Dogs

can't wait to see them at Warped Tour! MAIN STAGE! HECK YES! finally they're headlining a show! :D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    The Pogues Body of an American

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYml2eokLA
    oo another Pouges fan! *highfives*

currently listening to Diorama on a Mix my friend made me years ago

~Pen -{

• scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    On CD The Age of The Understatement -The Last Shadow Puppets and then on vinyl I'm listening to a five record boxset of the first 25 years of Tamla Motown which I picked up for £6 from a second hand record store yesterday. :D
  • Cynjin SmythCynjin Smyth Rocky MountiansPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    You Know My Name on my IPod.
    Bond: You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?
    Fiona: But of course, I forgot your ego, Mr. Bond. James Bond, who only has to make love to a woman and she starts to hear heavenly choirs singing.
    Pendragon wrote:
    oo another Pouges fan! *highfives*

~Pen -{

{[] This one's a classic.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=421pZgg-vlY&feature=related

And I don't know if you've ever seen this Pen, but it was done in the mid-90's when a tv show called Eurotrash had lots of contemporary singers covering Eurovision song contest entries. This is brilliant. Love the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PVAFzNrUuhg
    John Drake wrote:
    And I don't know if you've ever seen this Pen, but it was done in the mid-90's when a tv show called Eurotrash had lots of contemporary singers covering Eurovision song contest entries. This is brilliant. Love the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PVAFzNrUuhg

haha I'd never seen that, John! :))

I really must go about getting more of their CDs...

~Pen -{

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,650Chief of Staff
    This one is a fav in our house at the moment - Sweet About Me by Gabriella Climi - doesn't do any harm that she's a great looking woman too :x
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    "Barracuda," by Heart :x

Ann & Nancy Wilson have been helping me cope with my latest script rewrite X-( :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Nina Simone's lovely cover of Who knows where the time goes?.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wZa3XsHA6UU
    No Such Thing - John Mayer

:D

~Pen -{

• scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    A collection of Terence Trent Darby's greatest hits and some early Spencer Davis Group stuff. Oh and Booker T & The MG's Green Onions :)
    Stevie Wonder and Superstition - an utter genius ;)
    YNWA 97
    edited May 2008
    For Ireland Set - Ben Holmes, bagpiper

psyching myself up for Ren Fest in a few weeks when I'll get to see the man himself in action with CELTIC LEGACY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45aq5OyZLI

the man with the guitar and way too much energy is my friend's father and the guy with the Bodhran is the newest addition to this great group. When we told him, last year, that his socks (socks, in general, are an inside joke with us and a few other performers at the festival) made us happy, he blushed. :)) there's another guy, but I guess whoever took this video didn't think that Josh was too interesting :o

~Pen -{

can't wait!

Going back a bit again here - must be having a retro week :)) - Mansun and Wide Open Space
    YNWA 97
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Going back a bit again here - must be having a retro week :)) - Mansun and Wide Open Space
    Great choice!

Currently listening to Vampire Weekend's album. Superb stuff.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Forgive the indulgence, but I have a bunch of new CDs that I can't stop playing. In order of preference:

Duffy - Rockferry
    Maybe I am slower to the party than my UK brethren, but...this is hands-down the best new music I have bought in at least 5 years. Maybe as I get older I am getting more nostalgic, but this wave of British women singing old-school R&B just mesmerizes me. This CD brings back an old Burt Bacharach-Dionne Warwick vibe. Just an absolute stunner of a collection -- I don't know what else to say. My only complaint: including only 10 songs seems a little skimpy these days.

Seal - System
    This one's been out for a while, and I have to say I held off buying it because I heard it was all "dance beats", and I like Seal when he's more varied. Silly me, forgetting that my favorite song from Seal IV was "My Vision", very much a dance track. I finally gave in, and boy was I rewarded. I tend to blast music when I cook, and the beats of this collection have greatly improved my knife skills! Solid from start to finish, with the possible exception of a so-so duet with wife Heidi Klum.

Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs
    They're not really "indie" anymore, but they still have that sensibility. This one took a little while to grow on me, but it's really taken hold. "I Will Possess Your Heart" is the fastest 8-minute song for a while, even though the first half is basically the same bass line over and over (cool video too -- I'm still trying to figure out exactly how they did that). "Long Division" is also a great song -- straight-ahead power pop. Very talented bunch here.

Van Morrison - Keep It Simple
    One of the more singular talents in popular music history IMO. A collection of new stuff that shows the old master in fine form. He sings with vigor, but with calm, and the result is can be quite beautiful. The closing track "Behind The Ritual" is one of the prettier songs he's ever done. What a career he's had!

Mudcrutch - Mudcrutch
    Tom Petty's old group from the early 1970s. I'm a big Petty fan, and with three of the five guys here being part of the Heartbreakers, I knew what I was going to get. Still, he sounds crisper than he has recently -- enunciating instead of mumbling -- and the band is tight. Also, the sound is more country-ish than the Heartbreakers. Overall, a great collection to relax with, like a nice chair -- reminiscent of the Eric Clapton-J.J. Cale and Mark Knopfler-Emmylou Harris collaborations.

R.E.M. - Accelerate
    Best collection from these guys since Monster, IMO. I always thought New Adventures in Hi-Fi was underrated, and this has a similar sound. Loud and crunchy in spots, more melodic in others. Good to see these guys back in strength, 25 years ( :o ) after Murmur.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Missing - Kilowatts

found an old techno mix my friend made me years ago, and I'm quite enjoying listening to it again ^^

~Pen -{

The fantastic Paul McCartney with Something from his Anfield concert.
    YNWA 97
    We Are Scientists and Chick Lit
    YNWA 97
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    The Death of An Aston Martin - David Arnold

Doesn't sound like a dying aston martin to me...it sounds like an orchestra playing dramatic music. :D
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited June 2008
    I'm listening to DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince on YouTube. :D At this exact moment, in fact, I am replaying 'Boom Shake The Room.' Great song. {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Truth - Everybody Out!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=161119853

it's the third video on the page

~Pen -{

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    "Magic Man," by Heart :x , from their remarkable debut album, Dreamboat Annie...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I'll Play What You Want - Toy Horses

whee!

~Pen -{

Sice they were on TV a couple of weeks ago I keep returning to listen to Genesis and the brilliant Domino.
    YNWA 97
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    A classic song came up on my iPod earlier. You Have To Fight For Your Right To Party by the Beastie Boys. Such a great song.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    A classic song came up on my iPod earlier. You Have To Fight For Your Right To Party by the Beastie Boys. Such a great song.
    Heehee, sang that one in a drunken state just last weekend. Karaoke night can be pretty fun.:D Got a big applause too.

Then I crooned Suspicious Minds by Elvis. :D
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Very talented bunch here.
    I agree Sir Hillary, and a great post overall. I am a big Death Cab fan, although they are not that big in the United Kingdom unfortunately (unless one is a fan of The OC, of course!).

Right now I am listening to Elbow - One Day Like This. Terrible video, great song. :)
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Right now I am listening to Elbow - One Day Like This. Terrible video, great song. :)

A great song indeed, Lazenby 880 - and they hail from just down the road from me :)
    YNWA 97