What song are you listening to?

Comments

• Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Right now I am listening to Elbow - One Day Like This. Terrible video, great song. :)

A great song indeed, Lazenby 880 - and they hail from just down the road from me :)
    It seems you travel in high circles Sir Miles. THe album's not half bad either :)
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    No One's Ever Gonna Leave You - The Toy Horses

:D

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Viva la Vida - Coldplay (and the rest of the new album)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    The Police and the sublime King Of Pain.

One of the best bands ever, IMO :007)
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2008
    The Ghost of a Smile - The Pogues

FINALLY picked up "Hell's Ditch" today, and absolutly love it! Though Mr. Shane McGowan sounds like either he's had a little too much to drink or smoked one too many joints...which is a shame, 'cause he has some serious talent, and it's slightly hard to understand what he's saying on this CD...

~Pen -{

Pendragon wrote:
    Mr. Shane McGowan sounds like either he's had a little too much to drink or smoked one too many joints...which is a shame, 'cause he has some serious talent...

Plenty of respected people in the music world say how good Shane McGowan is, so he must be but his 'talent' totally bypasses me. I just don't 'get' his style of singing at all - it baffles me how anybody can listen to him - anybody that's not deaf anyway :))

To each their own -{
    YNWA 97
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

This album has to grow on me. I like the title track a lot and Violet Hill has grown on me two. Now, if the rest of the album grows on me this could be my favorite Coldplay album. Just a tip though when you listen to the CD, turn your bass way down. Some of the songs have very heavy bass.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Pendragon wrote:
    Mr. Shane McGowan sounds like either he's had a little too much to drink or smoked one too many joints...which is a shame, 'cause he has some serious talent...

Plenty of respected people in the music world say how good Shane McGowan is, so he must be but his 'talent' totally bypasses me. I just don't 'get' his style of singing at all - it baffles me how anybody can listen to him - anybody that's not deaf anyway :))

To each their own -{

His singing grew on me (in an odd sort of way)...and it's all my friend's father's fault :D I mainly listen to The Pogues for the instrumentation, which is fantastic

lol indeed :D

~Pen -{

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited June 2008
    Mr Martini wrote:

This album has to grow on me. I like the title track a lot and Violet Hill has grown on me too. Now, if the rest of the album grows on me this could be my favorite Coldplay album.

This one has to grow on me also. "Viva La Vida" and "Violent Hill" are definitely the best tracks, but I'm starting to like a few others a lot too.

As far as ranking goes, I find this album to be superior only to Parachutes, although this could change.

Coldplay is actually coming to Chicago next month. I would very much like to go.
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

This album has to grow on me. I like the title track a lot and Violet Hill has grown on me too. Now, if the rest of the album grows on me this could be my favorite Coldplay album.

This one has to grow on me also. "Viva La Vida" and "Violent Hill" are definitely the best tracks, but I'm starting to like a few others a lot too.

As far as ranking goes, I find this album to be superior only to Parachutes, although this could change.

Coldplay is actually coming to Chicago next month. I would very much like to go.

I've listened to this again and Strawberry Swing has grown on me also. The other thing that get's me about this album is two tracks are duel tracks. To bad Life In Technicolor wasn't longer. Now to get the other tracks listened to when my mind isn't busy doing something else. I should pop in the other three Coldplay albums and compare and contrast. This is really a different Coldplay album, for some reason it really makes me listen instead of sitting and hearing it in the backround.
    Goldfrapp and Train

From the gig I attended last night - sound quality here isn't brilliant, unlike the actual gig itself :D
    YNWA 97
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Bonnie Prince Billy's rather touching version of 'Puff the Magic Dragon.'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rHfuHEVOe_o&feature=related
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    The Cribs - Men's Needs.

Video here.

Very enjoyable.
  • stjimmy456stjimmy456 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    The Pretender by Foo Fighters off their last album. Not a big fan, but I love this song.
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    Paranoid - Black Sabbath.

Am considering in investing in some Black Sabbath as I've heard some stuff I liked in the past, so before I purchase via iTunes, I'm listening on YouTube. :D
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent

Am considering in investing in some Black Sabbath as I've heard some stuff I liked in the past, so before I purchase via iTunes, I'm listening on YouTube. :D
    Classic Sabbath. -{ May I recommend anything off the Master Of Reality album.
    Duran Duran vs Mark Ronson with a brilliant Bond Medley - I really hope they decide to tour together.
    YNWA 97
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Duran Duran vs Mark Ronson with a brilliant Bond Medley - I really hope they decide to tour together.

Brilliant! I loved that -I couldn't agree more. :)

I've just been listening to a CD created by a DJ on the "Mod" scene -its a collection of quite obscure 1960's tunes that are absolutely great. One of which is a John Barry tune -The Human Jungle - other tunes that I like are tunes that could also be considered for Tarantinoesque movies -tracks such as Night of The Vampire by The Moontrekkers and Parchman Farm by The Rats
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Madonna's Give it 2 me. Love this track. Once in my head, it just won't let me go!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    What's the buzz on Coldplay's new album? Is it as good as their earlier stuff?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Dan Same wrote:

It had to grow on me. I really enjoy the album now. The buzz I've read from other people is it's way better than X&Y. As for being better than Rush of Blood and Parachutes, not sure. Try youtube for the video to their single Violet Hill. BTW, Brian Eno is the producer.
    Dan Same wrote:

Oxymoron alert :o ;)
    YNWA 97
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I love this one!

Genesis - Invisible Touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm4Qwb9cjA8
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Alex wrote:

I'd also recommend Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: "Living just for dying...dying just for you---yeah!"
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:

I'd also recommend Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: "Living just for dying...dying just for you---yeah!"
    Yeah!

I learned my first power chords, and how to tune to low D, with SBS. :)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    It had to grow on me. I really enjoy the album now. The buzz I've read from other people is it's way better than X&Y. As for being better than Rush of Blood and Parachutes, not sure. Try youtube for the video to their single Violet Hill. BTW, Brian Eno is the producer.
    Thanks. {[]
    Sir Miles wrote:
    What, the use of the word 'good' in relation to Coldplay? :v
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Uh-huh. Try replacing 'good' with whiney. :p
    Dan Same wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yup !

Not my 'thing' at all.
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Went back and made an iTunes purchase of one of the great guilty pleasures of all time, and something I listened to for hours on end in high school...

Get The Knack {[]

Rarely has power pop been this pure, and certainly never this sleazy.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent