What song are you listening to?

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    well, a bit of Gloria gaynor..."I will survive"

Such an empowering song.....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    "Afro Blue" as interpreted by the John Coltrane Quartet. Excellent.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    Someone on here recommended the album Eyes Open by Snow Patrol - I'm so glad they did...Play
    YNWA 97
    Well after answering the 5 band question, I've unearthed my U2 albums...and there is one song in particular....

U2
    With or without you....

"Through the storm we reach the shore
    You give it all but I want more
    And I'm waiting for you"
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    In work yesterday we had a bit of an 'oldies' session on the cd..and this track came up...I really don't like Celine Dion but it's good old Francis Albert that really makes this [url=song... The Way[/url]
    YNWA 97
    This song has been playing quite a bit recently...and it gives me goosebumps each time I hear it, as it makes me think of someone really special....

Razorlite....wire to wire
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Someone on here recommended the album Eyes Open by Snow Patrol - I'm so glad they did...Play
    I did a long time ago, to some degree of dismission of Snow Patrol by your good self at the time ;)
    unitedkingdom.png
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    A considerate soul recommended 500 Miles by the Proclaimers. First time I'd heard it.

Two weeks later it comes on the radio. I was astonished! -{

Funny little coincidence.
    Classic, makes me laugh every time...

He's Turned Emo - Lancashire Hotpots

Emotions from Lancashire? Tha's nowt got none o' those! :))
    unitedkingdom.png
    Classic, makes me laugh every time...

He's Turned Emo - Lancashire Hotpots

Emotions from Lancashire? Tha's nowt got none o' those! :))

Hey !!!! What is this ! Pick on Paul and Lancashire day !!! X-(

Another one that needs someone to hold his coat ! :p
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I did a long time ago, to some degree of dismission of Snow Patrol by your good self at the time ;)

Okay..okay...you win...I'm a convert.. :D
    YNWA 97
    edited October 2008
    The Hair and Blood

Saw them live on Monday - great set. They remind me of The Rapture.
    YNWA 97
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Lately, I've been listening to Velvet Revolver's first album Contraband which I recently purchased, Aerosmith on Youtube, as well as a few other songs by different artists (Black Sabbath, Metallica, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, The Righteous Brothers, Elvis and some others) on Youtube. Additionally, last night, I listened to the first several songs off Alanis's masterful Jagged Little Pill for the first time in quite a while. Still as magnificent as ever. :D

BTW, it appears that Guns N' Roses will finally be releasing Chinese Democracy in November this year (although I'll believe it if or when it actually happens. ;) ) I'm not a massive Guns fan, although I love Appetite For Destruction and I like a few of their later songs, and so I won't be getting Chinese Democracy. However, reading about the album's upcoming release does raise one question; does anybody really care? :v

Afterall, although they were once a great band, Axl Rose is the only current member who was involved in the earlier albums, while Chinese Democracy itself is more than a decade and a half in the making, so I would imagine that even if it were not outdated, it is unlikely to be nearly as good as it should be after such a long delay.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,700MI6 Agent
    Just starting to work through AC/DCs new album Black Ice. So far, the first two songs are rocking. I'll have to update later on since the CD is in the car stereo.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    edited October 2008
    Arguably the best song ever to emerge from Germany, and I have great memories of this on the radio on a trip to Heidelberg in West Germany as a young lad - and thus begun my deep fondness for Germany and her culture... The Trevor Horn-produced, German performed Duel, by Propoganda:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6w_q58CFfAo
    unitedkingdom.png
    Arguably the best song ever to emerge from Germany, and I have great memories of this on the radio on a trip to Heidelberg in West Germany as a young lad - and thus begun my deep fondness for Germany and her culture... The Trevor Horn-produced, German performed Duel, by Propoganda:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6w_q58CFfAo

That is a great track - I saw the lead singer (Susanne Fretag) last year with her new band...can't remember what they are called though :)) They finished their set with this song.
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    Long, Long Way From Home by Foreigner
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Just starting to work through AC/DCs new album Black Ice. So far, the first two songs are rocking. I'll have to update later on since the CD is in the car stereo.
    I grabbed myself a copy from the walmart display. -{

Funny how much AC/DC's been accepted by the mainstream. When I was but a cocky punk, my mom loathed Bon's picture scotch-taped on my bedroom wall. Shirtless and all those tattoes. This from the same person who recommends The Stones' Sticky Fingers album! Oh my, you'd better listen to Elvis or the Beatles right away young man! ;)

Now you walk into walmart and see Angus dorito chips, the band's logo on clothing for pets and chew toys, t-shirts everywhere, etc, etc.

Just like the school yard abuse I took in '83 for daring to be an Ozzy fan in the midst of "Beat Street" and "Breakin'." mania. Look at him now, that reality show made him acceptable, and he even met the president. It's ironic and all very amusing. :)
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,700MI6 Agent
    Alex wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Funny how much AC/DC's been accepted by the mainstream. When I was but a cocky punk, my mom loathed Bon's picture scotch-taped on my bedroom wall. Shirtless and all those tattoes. This from the same person who recommends The Stones' Sticky Fingers album! Oh my, you'd better listen to Elvis or the Beatles right away young man! ;)

Now you walk into walmart and see Angus dorito chips, the band's logo on clothing for pets and chew toys, t-shirts everywhere, etc, etc.

Just like the school yard abuse I took in '83 for daring to be an Ozzy fan in the midst of "Beat Street" and "Breakin'." mania. Look at him now, that reality show made him acceptable, and he even met the president. It's ironic and all very amusing. :)

Have you listened to the whole thing yet? I took the long way home from work to listen to it. I'm not disappointed at all. Glad I picked it up. This will stay in the car (cd player ;) ) for a long time. Anyone else pick this up? I know there has to be more AC/DC fans on here.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Have you listened to the whole thing yet? I took the long way home from work to listen to it. I'm not disappointed at all. Glad I picked it up. This will stay in the car (cd player ;) ) for a long time. Anyone else pick this up? I know there has to be more AC/DC fans on here.
    Not yet, Kevin. I'm waiting for an uninterrupted afternoon, where I can sit back and over analyze :D (Got the picture booklet yellow cover version)
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Alex wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Would you believe I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart? This could change that! I'm a huge fan all the way back from Highway to Hell. Got into their back catalog from there (favorite Bon albums are Dirty Deeds and Powerage) -- then when Back In Black came out it was off to the races. Lost interest a bit in the 80's, when their album quality went way down IMO. Still the odd single continued to kick -- "Danger", "Thunderstruck", "Hard as a Rock". And Stiff Upper Lip was good.

Cool article in the NY Times on them recently. They refuse to release their catalog to iTunes or any other online store, because they want the integrity of their albums kept intact. Nice old-school thinking, very against-the-grain.

Best celebrity encounter of my life was with Brian Johnson at Raleigh-Durham airport in 1989. My wife and I had gotten married the day before, and we were on a layover going to Savannah, when I spotted him. He was with a smoooookin' Asian woman that I soon learned he had met poolside in Miami (classic!). Think they may have eventually married. Anyway, the four of us chatted for about an hour, and he was the coolest guy. Bought us a round since we were newlyweds. Unreal.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    currently, one of my room mates is blasting Rhianna's DISTURBIA from her room, and it's filling the entire suite. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but when I have my door closed, that means I need quiet in my place so I can do useful things...like homework.

~Pendragon -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
    That's a great story, Hilly! Johnson is indeed an uber cool dude. A few ex-bandmates told me of meeting him once at Livestock and sharing a cooler.

Since Black Ice is a "walmart exclusive" that explains the advertising mania in the store. It will probably be removed once the albums sold.
    The Verve have a great new track out...I'm really starting to like them now...anyway..here it is...Rather Be....some great lyrics too...
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    hometown glory by adele

Should be used at end of QoS but (sulkily) won't be... Great except for the end when young Adele turns into Vicky Pollard and starts going on about how 'we aint' gonna take sh1t' and so on... :(
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Alex wrote:

Would you believe I have never set foot in a Wal-Mart? This could change that! I'm a huge fan all the way back from Highway to Hell. Got into their back catalog from there (favorite Bon albums are Dirty Deeds and Powerage) -- then when Back In Black came out it was off to the races. Lost interest a bit in the 80's, when their album quality went way down IMO. Still the odd single continued to kick -- "Danger", "Thunderstruck", "Hard as a Rock". And Stiff Upper Lip was good.

Cool article in the NY Times on them recently. They refuse to release their catalog to iTunes or any other online store, because they want the integrity of their albums kept intact. Nice old-school thinking, very against-the-grain.

Best celebrity encounter of my life was with Brian Johnson at Raleigh-Durham airport in 1989. My wife and I had gotten married the day before, and we were on a layover going to Savannah, when I spotted him. He was with a smoooookin' Asian woman that I soon learned he had met poolside in Miami (classic!). Think they may have eventually married. Anyway, the four of us chatted for about an hour, and he was the coolest guy. Bought us a round since we were newlyweds. Unreal.

Count me in the AC/DC fan club. Picked up the CD from Sam's Club today. Great CD. Haven't made my way through the whole thing yet, but I like what I hear. I think this will be a CD for the car so I can crank it when I am by myself. So far I like RocknRoll Train, Skies on Fire, Stormy May Day. and War Machine But, my favorite is Rock and Roll Dream.
    From their new album A Hundred Million Suns...another great album from Snow Patrol...here's the one I'm listening to most Crack The Shutters
    YNWA 97
    edited October 2008
    Sir Miles wrote:
    From their new album A Hundred Million Suns...another great album from Snow Patrol...

Couldn't agree more...some very powerful songs...this one is my current track of choice Lifeboats

Your lifeboats seem to have left on that link...let me send another for you Sir Miles.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Your lifeboats seem to have left on that link...let me send another for you

Why thank you....Sir Miles. Another lifeboat for me?....*sigh*....my Knight in shining armour ;%
    Lexi wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Your lifeboats seem to have left on that link...let me send another for you

Why thank you....Sir Miles. Another lifeboat for me?....*sigh*....my Knight in shining armour ;%

It's all part of the service, ma'am ;)
    YNWA 97